Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Speculation Thread - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Speculation Thread (/showthread.php?tid=40)

The Speculation Thread - Eva - 03-18-2010

A thread for speculation about stuff that will be in FFXIV.

I'm predicting that there's going to be a guy somewhere, possibly an engineer or a scientist, and his name is going to be Cid.

:twisted:

EDIT:
...oh yeah, and there will probably be crystals.

Re: The Speculation Thread - Augustine - 03-18-2010

I am prediciting the main source of transportation will be a big yellow bird and a flying boat that in the real world would never be able to fly. Just sayin'

Re: The Speculation Thread - ramdragn - 03-18-2010

I predict that instead of a mog house, the DoL will have a Ranch or farm assisted by moogles. There he/she can farm in gardening, or pastor the sheep . . . then an adventurer needs a stack of sheep meet and he has to send his son to kill the poor sheep and pack it in small rag bags so the DoL can sell it. (I think)

Re: The Speculation Thread - Smiling River - 03-18-2010

I have many speculations/wishful thinking...

Really I hope SE didn't rehash some of the old zones with the new engine. Also it'd be cool to have a feel of a player-run economy. For example there will be some form of the AH, but those that go the DoH and DoL route can make business by setting up a shop.

First as an apprentice in a craft and whatever the DoL will have people can just synth similar to FFXI. As they get more Gil and experience they can set up a small tent, and keep upgrading that to bigger size to carry more wares, have more employees etc..The "relic" status for a DoL and DoH could be an actual building where they can sell stuff and hire NPCs to make sure it's open 24/7.

I think if SE isn't playing us for fools, FFXIV should revolutionize the MMO world. Here's to hoping that they've learned from past mistakes of XI and other MMOs.

Re: The Speculation Thread - Nanapariri - 03-18-2010

I speculate that even if the game is a lot more different than FFXI people will still try to claim its FFXI 2.0.

Re: The Speculation Thread - Eltharian - 03-18-2010

I predict that they will bring back the subligars to show off my manly Elezen legs. Big Grin

Re: The Speculation Thread - Sarba - 03-18-2010

Mason Wrote:I have many speculations/wishful thinking... :bounce:
First as an apprentice in a craft and whatever the DoL will have people can just synth similar to FFXI. As they get more Gil and experience they can set up a small tent, and keep upgrading that to bigger size to carry more wares, have more employees etc..The "relic" status for a DoL and DoH could be an actual building where they can sell stuff and hire NPCs to make sure it's open 24/7.

SWG did this, and it worked extremly well. The only problem was trying to get to all the player run shops haha.