Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung OOC Linkshell - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Balmung OOC Linkshell (/showthread.php?tid=4087)

Pages: 1 2

Balmung OOC Linkshell - Miseria - 08-28-2013

Is there one? I'm totally new to the game and the server and would live to find a way to start meeting people and making some in game friends Smile With the goal of finding a FC that fits me like a shoe, err glove.

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - Uther - 08-28-2013

It's called Intermission and it's very big. You'll meet a lot of new people there. There are currently two Intermission linkshells due to the incredible amount of members. I'm not sure who exactly has invite privileges but ask around in the community and I'm sure you'll be invited within minutes.

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - Miseria - 08-28-2013

Thanks!

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - Miseria - 08-28-2013

Eeek asked in /shout and got trolled for being a RPer Sad Although, technically.... I WANT to be a RPer...haven't actually done it yet Wink

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - Y'el Vhez - 08-28-2013

People are jerks, especially in /shout. I tend to have it muted for that reason. If all else fails, just walk up to people and start RPing. You'd be surprised at how often you can meet new people that way.

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - Asyria - 08-29-2013

There's been sighting of trolls being scolded for talking against RPers in shouts too.. it's all very random. Tongue

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - Hannah Belle - 08-29-2013

I'm glad you asked that question! I was wondering what the LinkShell group was as well! Thanks for the info!

And ouch! I can't believe people got mad at you for rping, that's not cool at all! 

Miseria! We have that in common, both you and I have not had an Rp on here yet! Ever looking to start please let me know!

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - Asyria - 08-30-2013

(08-29-2013, 11:03 AM)Hannah Belle Wrote: I'm glad you asked that question! I was wondering what the LinkShell group was as well! Thanks for the info!

And ouch! I can't believe people got mad at you for rping, that's not cool at all! 

Miseria! We have that in common, both you and I have not had an Rp on here yet! Ever looking to start please let me know!

It's not that people get mad, it's just that they look down on it and mock people who do it. Back in the days, jocks mocked geeks, now everyone is a geek and some video game geeks who don't RP like to troll their RPing peers.

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - Cato - 08-30-2013

Sorry to hijack the thread but I figured I might as well ask for an invite to the linkshell here instead of making another thread! I'm a little confused as to how they even work, mind you - I tried asking around in the game itself hoping to be directed or invited and no one seemed willing to help. I'm pretty eager to make some contacts for role-play and the other aspects of the game, yet so far it's the people I've met on dungeon runs that have proved friendliest...

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - LiadansWhisper - 08-30-2013

Intermission filled up the first day of Early Access, if I'm not mistaken.  But there's a second Linkshell, Intermission 2, that isn't full yet.

The people that I see with invite powers are:

Xenedra Ambreaus
Kassandra Dawn
Ayusun Demiir
Rakka'li Kuhn
Rakka'sae Kuhn
Gospel Gestalt
Tyriont Gaidal
Rhostel Evenhand
Yssen Van
Penelope Rundall
Niklaus Lucin

So I would send a tell to one of them and ask for an invite.  There's about 20 more slots left on the linkshell.

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - taltale - 08-30-2013

I would really appreciate having a place in this ls as well! ..though I've been trying to log in for the past 20 minutes and can't because the world is full. *sigh*

Nevermind! I just got in^^

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - Salty Lake - 08-30-2013

Could I get an invite too to Intermission? I'm logged in now as Salty Lake, but I'm afk while doing the auto-synthesis.

I haven't RPed much yet because I've been focused on advancing in the story, but I hope to soon!

(08-30-2013, 10:47 AM)Asyria Wrote: It's not that people get mad, it's just that they look down on it and mock people who do it. Back in the days, jocks mocked geeks, now everyone is a geek and some video game geeks who don't RP like to troll their RPing peers.

I know what you mean. I grew up in geek culture, and have found that a subset of bullied geeks like to turn into bullies given the chance. I think they enjoyed turning the tide with the anonymity of the internets.

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - LiadansWhisper - 08-30-2013

You guys would be better off contacting the people on that list in-game.  They may not be able to see this post right now.

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - Xenedra - 08-30-2013

Yipes! Hi everyone looking for a pearl! I personally can't do a whole lot of minimizing because my client crashes, so I haven't been able to check the forums much >.>. The best method for getting a pearl is definitely contacting me or any of the others on the list. See you in game!

RE: Balmung OOC Linkshell - Asyria - 08-31-2013

Mine has been crashing when minimizing ever since the latest patch. BNefore that it never happened!
You can play in windowed mode and do it without any troubles though.