Hydaelyn Role-Players
Meetups. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Meetups. (/showthread.php?tid=410)

Pages: 1 2 3

Meetups. - Renaise - 08-18-2010

Not sure about this idea... as it just popped into my head and I'm not at my best at 5am Tongue

But I was wondering if anyone was going to try and do some meetups in the not too distant future.

I'm thinking... being a European there would be call for a EU and NA version but I don't know. Anyway what do you people think?

As to why I was thinking about this, its because I was booking tickets to an anime/comic expo in London in October and I know these things happen at those kind of places on occasion Tongue

Re: Meetups. - Monadi - 08-19-2010

If anyone is going to PAX in Seattle next month, holler at me.

Re: Meetups. - ArmachiA - 08-19-2010

My guild is planning a meet up at Comic Con next year. We haven't told the majority of said guild so... surprise!

Re: Meetups. - Kashemia - 08-19-2010

I think a meet could be pretty awesome. And while I know the travel distance would suck, I also think having seperate meet ups for US and EU would be sort of sad :S Think of all the people you wouldn't get to meet! BF alone has members from all over.

But maybe it's just because I'll have to go to USA on a regular basis anyway (cross continental relationships ftw!), other people might find it more difficult, and I know it can be expensive.

Re: Meetups. - Renaise - 08-19-2010

Everyone should visit the UK, we are right in the middle of everyone Tongue

Re: Meetups. - Vareal - 08-19-2010

It seems, to me, that it's easier to get around in Europe than it is in the States. If you want to go anywhere the best way to travel is by plane. Though I prefere to drive. Sure, there are trains, but they're all run down n'stuff. Amtrak sucks balls!

Re: Meetups. - Aveline - 08-19-2010

I usually go to PAX every year, but this time around I have to save up for mega birthday vacation in January. ^_^

TALE has been talking about meeting up next summer for an awesome cookout, though right now people seem torn between wanting to road trip out to the west coast and wanting to descend upon all our Texan members and make them grill us some MEATS.

Re: Meetups. - Sylian - 08-19-2010

I'm always up for meeting new people.. especially if I get to know a bunch of you a little better in the future Smile Of course, it would have to be a Euro meet up for me.. Big Grin

Re: Meetups. - Con One - 08-19-2010

I'll second the UK. I don't live there but I am looking for an excuse to go back. I miss English speakers T_T

Re: Meetups. - Rikitiki - 08-19-2010

Aveline Wrote:TALE has been talking about meeting up next summer for an awesome cookout, though right now people seem torn between wanting to road trip out to the west coast and wanting to descend upon all our Texan members and make them grill us some MEATS.

... Texas. Definitely Texas. Big Grin

Re: Meetups. - Tyriont - 08-19-2010

I'm probably gonna be returning to the UK for a visit this winter Big Grin

I shall also second Texas, since there's a chance I can actually get there reasonably cheaply Tongue Nothing big really tends to happen in Oklahoma >.>

Re: Meetups. - Renaise - 08-19-2010

Tyriont Wrote:I'm probably gonna be returning to the UK for a visit this winter Big Grin

Ya need to get down to London for a visit Tongue

Re: Meetups. - Tyriont - 08-19-2010

Renaise Wrote:Ya need to get down to London for a visit Tongue

That's where I'll be flying into :p Once I get some concrete dates set, we'll have to arrange to meet up for a pint or ten before I head up to Norwich.

Re: Meetups. - Tadir - 08-19-2010

I DO enjoy drinking in London.

Re: Meetups. - Mycroft - 08-19-2010

As long as I'm not forced to drink while visiting London, I'm all for it.

I might be of Viking descent, but I don't need to drink to raid, rape and burn down things on English soil.