Hydaelyn Role-Players
Quick Question - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Quick Question (/showthread.php?tid=4123)

Quick Question - Trigonxv - 08-29-2013

Upon death does the aether an individual had within them return to Hydaelyn?

RE: Quick Question - Coral Ferrinas - 08-29-2013

This is what I had with my Lore Collection, on that you can access through the link in my signature below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When we die, it is believed that the shock separates our spirits from our corporeal forms. Or bodies are the broken down and are absorbed back into the aetherial river, while the soul is left to journey to its final destination in afterlife. Some call this “returning to the Lifestream.”—Nicia

It is said that aetheryte is the solid manifestation of the planet’s lifeblood, aether, and that by touching it, the aether which makes up our bodies resonates with that contained in the crystal. This is called “attunement.” Normally, when one’s body is reduced to aether, it will naturally gravitate to the location with which it resonates the greatest-or one’s “home point.” This is why upon losing consciousness in battle, many wake to find themselves back at an aetheryte. In other words, aetheryte act as lodestones, assuring that the body, in its aetherial form, is not lost to the pull of the greater flow.—Nicia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hydaelyn you speak of... I am assuming you are talking about the Hydaelyn you encountered in the Main Scenario Quest. The Hydaelyn is refered by Kan-E-Senna as "Mothercrystal". To my believed, that can only be access by the power of Echo. To be safe, I will not spoiled any details about that if you haven't get far enough to the story line. In my Dialogue collection so far, there isn't a connection between Hydaelyn or the Echo with Aether.

I hope this titbits of information help you.

RE: Quick Question - Trigonxv - 08-29-2013

Ooooooo this helps greatly, If i surmise the right amount of planning and dedication I may in fact give the rp community one menacing plot to tackle since i roll antagonist Evil. So i thank you, you may have inadvertently set off an epic chain of events

RE: Quick Question - Coral Ferrinas - 08-29-2013

Now that I think carefully, very sorry because I only thought about it just now, Yda and Papalymo mentioned a flow of aether above the ground and they can prove it because they are using Sharlayan Tech (The wierd binoculars), so I assumed the player moved through that stream. 

In my own opinion though, Hydaelyn itself is the core of the planet, therefore it is the center of the flow. So, the crystal itself is aether in the densest form and the core of the planet. This is solely my speculation based on the fact that the Mothercrystal is named "Hydaelyn". However, I do not believe player go through this core unless the Echo brings them there, they simply follow the aether stream above ground and manifest themselves near Aetheryte.

In my opinion. Dazed

RE: Quick Question - Trigonxv - 08-29-2013

Yeah actually for quick clarification since I notice as well when I met hydaelyn I meant the entire world sort to speak not just the crystal

RE: Quick Question - Raccoon - 08-30-2013

It's safe to assume that aether persists in the body at least a short time after death, as there's a story quest in the THM line where a certain incident occurs where bodies are found "drained of all aether". That doesn't say whether or not the aether sticks around until you're buried and then leeches out to return to the planet or what though.

RE: Quick Question - Trigonxv - 08-30-2013

Lol well even if its one or the other the fact that there is some form of aether dispersion upon death or can be extracted from a person gives me quite a bit to work with. I think i have a good plan for a an epic rp plot XD