Hydaelyn Role-Players
Magdalena Duskwarden - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Magdalena Duskwarden (/showthread.php?tid=4164)

Magdalena Duskwarden - Snibbers - 08-31-2013

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Magdalena Duskwarden
  • Primary character: Magdalena Duskwarden
  • Linkshells: Europa
  • Primary RP linkshell: Europa, none IC.
II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Medium to heavy. I like a lot of RP, continuous, epic storylines and character development! Sometimes lighthearted, other times deep and serious! I don't like being too tied down to specific times every week, but I enjoy just taking RP as it comes!
  • Views on RP combat and injuries: I enjoy both! I prefer emotes and dice rolls for the combat itself, while I dislike PvP for roleplaying combat. It leaves the outcome to player skill, rather than anything IC based; and it's not as descriptive. If rolls aren't available, then a little ooc-whispering can sort it out. Ás I see it, if you're willing to put your character into combat, you should also be willing to suffer injuries. 
  • Views on IC romance: I'm all good with romantic and relationship themes within roleplay! If it happens, it happens! However, I dislike if it becomes the sole focus of roleplay.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): All sorts of character relations and interactions are great if you ask me. It just adds a foundation and flavour to the roleplay. I love different groups as well e.g. bandits, hunters, vanguards etc.
  • Views on lore: I love lore! I'm still new to Eorzea's lore, but I like looking into the background of different races and people. It helps giving roleplay a backround and ways to spice up characters! I prefer to stick by lore when roleplaying as well, but I'm not a facist about it. One thing I dislike is if roleplayers blatantly use concepts from other fictional universes within another. Like vampires and werewolves in Final Fantasy.
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc): I'm not always in-character. Sometimes I'm just questing, but even then, if I'm approached IC, I'll switch to IC, because random RP is awesome! Linkshells work IC as a way for communicating across distances, but otherwise I prefer guild chats and the like to be kept ooc.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone: GMT+1
  • Contact info: PM me on this site, or whisper me ingame!

IV. Character

Name: Magdalena Duskwarden
Nicknames: Mag, Magda, “That burly lady over there”
Race: Hyur, Highlander
Placeof Birth: Ala Mhigo
Current Residence: Ul'dah and the surrounding areas

Appearance:
Magdalena is a large Highlander, reaching 6'14” tall with a muscular and robust build. She has dark, smooth skin and her long red hair, with black stripes, is usually tied up in a ponytail. Her bright blue eyes stand in contrast to her otherwise dark features, almost making it look as if they glow. While her face is unscathed, she has a quite a few battle scars, scattered around her body. Depending on the situation, Magdalena's attire varies between casual clothing and heavy armouring, though she rarely wears flashy colours.

Personality:
Givenher appearance, Magdalena may come across as intimidating and often she doesn't quite think her actions through, causing her to ends up in humorous or awkward situations. But underneath her warrioresque, clumsy and careless demeanour, she hides a wholly different person.

Background:

Fitting Theme Song:

[youtube]dRnKJ1t3J-8[/youtube]

_

RE: Magdalena Duskwarden - Snibbers - 09-06-2013

Updated with a link to Magdalena's background story and a theme song befitting her!