Hydaelyn Role-Players
Insomniac's Heralding - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Insomniac's Heralding (/showthread.php?tid=4194)

Insomniac's Heralding - Laellia - 09-01-2013

Deeper introductions not withstanding, it's 5 am here, so a template was greatly accepted!

MMORPG background
Everquest for years, WoW for years, FFXI for years. Others for a lesser time, including City of Heroes, Anarchy Online, Rubies of Eventide, Earth & Beyond, Age of Conan, Everquest 2, and DOFUS (I've lost track of trials and betas).

RP experience
Speaking only in terms of online games, about 14-15 years or so in any game that has a community, including longer RP experiences in WoW, Everquest, and FFXI. Offline, I've had as many years involvement with pen and paper RPGs, primarily L5R and D&D.

Character ideas/info
Seeing as the "RP servers" are still locked, I've nothing finalized, but I almost always play the same concept; a strong noble woman of middling years, usually playing off the dichotomy of a proper, regal woman that is less than the norm of "a pale delicate flower". Count on a Hyur or Elezen.

How did you learn about the coalition?
Since I've always seen MMORPG's as vessels for roleplaying, I've always made it a goal to track down the best source of roleplaying I can through research. The HRC just happened to be prominently featured in research about 14's RP community.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Though I've always thought the distinctions nebulous, when I roleplay, I roleplay. I'm certainly not above idle OOC chatter in the least, but I've been known to do scene's for 8+ hours.

Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I've had enough experiences from my younger, headier days to not wish to just basely share more personal info, but I can give some. I'm well past school (32), work as a driver, and my hobbies include anime, roleplaying, CCGs, miniatures, and writing. Standard geekery really!

RE: Insomniac's Heralding - Quuyn - 09-01-2013

I'm a Narcolep... wana be sleepless buddies?! - Er, that came out wrong...

Anyways, welcome to the RPC! I see you've played a plethora of MMOs, and have copious amounts of RP experience. Not to mention your views on the whole 'light to heavy' ordeal pretty much mirrors most of ours. I mean, I RP to meet new people! Course I want to chit chat OOCly, but sometimes I wind up RPing for a day straight and wonder what happened to the sun.

...Anime as a hobbie? Oh yeah, you'll fit in perfectly!

RE: Insomniac's Heralding - Laellia - 09-01-2013

(09-01-2013, 06:33 AM)Koyu Wrote: ...Anime as a hobbie? Oh yeah, you'll fit in perfectly!
I may or may not have an ongoing blog for anime reviewing too. Blush

Though I'm not usually up 'till 5. I'd be dead at work if I was!