Hydaelyn Role-Players
Veeee~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Veeee~ (/showthread.php?tid=422)

Veeee~ - Veedo - 08-20-2010

The specs

Show Content

Name: Vann Lucas
Country: England (More specifically Birmingham, minus the accent. Hoorah!)
Timezone: GMT

--Why do you like to RP?
I love writing stories, and creating the characters that become integrated within them. Combined with my side-passion of acting, RP is something I've always been drawn to.

Basic info

--Characters:
Vale Hartstrong

--Current primary linkshell:
The GoldenMyst

RP Preferences:

--RP style (light, casual, moderate, or heavy)?
I'd say I'm between Moderate and Heavy. I do quite love the IC aspect of RPGs, so I try my best to do so whenever possible. I'm sure there'll be OOC channels, or PMs for OOC banter.

--Are you willing to RP a fight scene in game? If so, preferred method of combat? (/randoming, skill based, etc)
That I am. With Vale's line of work, it's probably inevitable there'll be fights. For event storyline where it's kind've preset how the battle will end up (Or just for the funs) I'm happy with text-based. If PVP gets integrated, that'll be another means.

--Are you willing to take major injuries in game? (ie limb loss, comas, etc.)
I'd prefer there to be reason for it, i.e. storylines, and so on. But I would prefer to stay away from things that can't be seen in-game if it's occured (i.e. arm getting chopped off, while both are visible there ingame would probably irk me a little too much.) though a coma (Falling into the LIFESTREAM!) for a purpose would (with consent) be fine.

--Under what circumstances, if any, would you allow your character to be killed off?
If it was the end of their story, I guess. I'd rather not have my characters die, but if it were to happen I'd want it to be at the end of their fantasy.

--Are you willing to RP romance in game? How far are you willing to go?

When I play my character I try to get into the realism side as much as possible. If over time a relationship forms with another character? So be it. Again, relationships end up going to different points, if it were to happen it'll happen (RPing -certain- things isn't necessary after all, fade to black with oyasuminesai playing in the background works for me!)

--What kind of non-romantic RP relationships are you seeking? (family ties, etc)

Childhood friends, rivals, "family", (actual) family, nemesi', and so on. Vale will be a traveller of the world. He'll at least know the good merchants of the towns, and the right people to get information.

--How far from the actual lore are you willing to stray?

I'd rather stick to the lore as much as possible. There'll always be events/scenarios where -something- noncanon will occur. It always does wherever you go, and I'll work with it. But other than that I'd prefer my Final Fantasy XIV to be just that.

--Views on chat functions (IC vs OOC in /party, /linkshell, /say)?
Unless stated previously, I'd prefer them to be IC.
"Hey, wanna go level?" parties with friends I'm fine with the OOC. If the party/linkshell/etc. got formed IC, I think it should be IC. If it got formed OOC, then OOC.

--Will most of your RP be confined in a single linkshell or will you try to RP with as many as possible?
The GoldenMyst will be my main RP point, but I want to RP as much as possible. I'd be happy with people going "OH hey, it's Vale! How's the adventuring to <xyz> going?" due to wide and varied RP.

--How do you prefer to be contacted? (PM or post in this thread)
I think here for now is fine, unless it gets crowded then I'll change it to PM.