Hydaelyn Role-Players
Sasha Jace - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Sasha Jace (/showthread.php?tid=4284)

Sasha Jace - WriathBlackmane - 09-04-2013

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Sasha Jace, Wriath Blackmane
  • Primary character: Sasha Jace (wriath won't exist until it's easier to log in and out/make new characters)
  • Linkshells: None
  • Primary RP linkshell: None

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I probably sit about a medium.  I treat my time in game as being that character.  I'm not looking to play out any grand stories, just interact with people on a level that is more about preserving the atmosphere of hte world, and not about talking gear score all night.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I disagree with the notion that a character of the highest level is the most physically adept character.  Two characters, of the same class, race, and general build should be equal in terms of raw strength.  What differs is skill and technique, which are denoted by raw level.  My preferred method of dealing with combat is a random number roll (usually a d20) added to a characters skill level (class level) and the higher wins with ties going to the higher level.  This way a level 1 character can conceivably beat a level 19, but with extreme luck (level 1 roll a 20, level 19 rolls a 1) but it's such a rare occurrence as to never really come up.
  • As to injuries, people get hurt.  Hopefully though, nobody sets out to kill another character (without express consent of the player).  An injury might be played out by only walking instead of running (leg injury) or being unable to use a weapon or shield.

• Views on IC romance:
    I have no issues with it if it fits the characters, but being a guy playing a female character, I'm not keen on playing out a scene in which Sasha makes out with you, sorry..

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Sasha doesn't have any family, her father passed away a few years ago and she's pretty much on her own.  She grew up in the woods around Girdania though and is at home under a starry sky.  Her father was a fairly successful hunter, nobody of global renown but he might have been someone that a resident of Gridania knew or had met and as such, Sasha would very likely have friendships and relationships with people who call the forest city home.

• Views on lore:
    I will try my best to not break it, but I'm not going to spend hours pouring over documents to make sure everything fits.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    /say, /em /shout, /yell are all considered 'in character' (but shout and yell are used sparingly as they may interrupt the enjoyment of non-rp players.)
    /tell /party /linkshell are generally considered OOC unless otherwise noted/stated. 
  • My general rule of thumb is: if it conceivably can be heard by someone else, it's in character.  If it can only be heard by a certain person/group it's a game mechanic and is out of character.  I do think /party being IC is kind of silly though because it basically amounts to a group of people, within speaking distance, using walkie talkies, and yet nobody around them can hear what they are saying (see Metal Gear Solid 2 codec conversations for an example of how silly this looks in practice)

III. Other Info
  • Timezone: Atlantic Time (GMT -3:00)
  • Contact info: I'm something of a private person and as such don't like posting my email/skype name on message boards.  Send me a message here or send a /tell to Sasha Jace in game.

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: Sasha Jace - WriathBlackmane - 09-04-2013

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sasha_Jace

I apologize at how much of a hack-job this is, I plan to continue editing and adjusting it's look as time goes on.