Hydaelyn Role-Players
List of the Voice Actors? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: List of the Voice Actors? (/showthread.php?tid=4324)

Pages: 1 2

List of the Voice Actors? - E'irawen - 09-06-2013

I was curious if there was a list of who plays who in the English version? A friend and I keep hearing some voices going "Hm that sounds like X from Y" but we weren't sure.

RE: List of the Voice Actors? - Fox - 09-06-2013

I've been wondering this myself. I saw a list of the Japanese VAs somewhere but not the English.

RE: List of the Voice Actors? - Clover - 09-06-2013

(09-06-2013, 02:02 AM)Foxberry Wrote: I've been wondering this myself. I saw a list of the Japanese VAs somewhere but not the English.
I'd like to see a list of the Japanese cast! I've only heard a few names here and there.

RE: List of the Voice Actors? - Fox - 09-06-2013

http://sgcafe.com/2013/07/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-npc-voice-cast-character-designs-revealed/

Here's the Japanese VAs. Smile

Thank you! That was an interesting read. I had no idea that Papalymo and Sakaya from Madoka were the same person. I've just been thinking that I adore his voice.

RE: List of the Voice Actors? - Rinh Hallani - 09-06-2013

Gideon Emery is Urianger in the English version. There was an article confirming it, as well as the other English actors, but it's been taken down. However, the comments seem to confirm it's the case. Plus, I'd recognise the voice of Fenris (DA2) anywhere haha.

RE: List of the Voice Actors? - Darkfae - 09-06-2013

They're still working on it, but IMDB has a listing.

RE: List of the Voice Actors? - Moondoggie - 09-06-2013

(09-06-2013, 04:33 AM)Rinh Hallani Wrote: Gideon Emery is Urianger in the English version. There was an article confirming it, as well as the other English actors, but it's been taken down. However, the comments seem to confirm it's the case. Plus, I'd recognise the voice of Fenris (DA2) anywhere haha.

Thought i recognised it. He has a pretty unique sounding voice so easy to pick up.

RE: List of the Voice Actors? - allgivenover - 09-06-2013

Shuichi Ikeda voicing Lahabrea was reason enough for me to set it to Japanese voices permanently.

He's the Darth Vader of Japan if you were wondering.

[youtube]-6QE9W3342I[/youtube]

He's getting older now, but his voice is so distinct and powerful and I love hearing it when I don't expect too.

(09-06-2013, 04:33 AM)Rinh Hallani Wrote: Gideon Emery is Urianger in the English version. There was an article confirming it, as well as the other English actors, but it's been taken down. However, the comments seem to confirm it's the case. Plus, I'd recognise the voice of Fenris (DA2) anywhere haha.
Fenris??? @__@
Albeit I still won't play with English voices, I must say that I absolutely loved Fenris in DA2. I didn't know who his voice actor was, but I like him.

RE: List of the Voice Actors? - Rinh Hallani - 09-06-2013

(09-06-2013, 08:26 AM)Clover Wrote: Fenris??? @__@
Albeit I still won't play with English voices, I must say that I absolutely loved Fenris in DA2. I didn't know who his voice actor was, but I like him.

Yeah, I loved him too! He was also quite a few sylvari NPCs in GW2. Now that was a pleasant surprise when I clicked on them.

RE: List of the Voice Actors? - Vinter - 09-06-2013

Any way to change to Japanese voice acting? The English voice actors aren't what you would call "great".
Also, I did recognize one female character voice as Kobayashi Yuu, and one male voice as Okamoto Nobuhiko.

(09-06-2013, 09:35 AM)Rinh Hallani Wrote: Yeah, I loved him too! He was also quite a few sylvari NPCs in GW2. Now that was a pleasant surprise when I clicked on them.
Ah, I missed that because I muted the voices in GW2. I couldn't stand seeing my 15 years old character with the voice of a very grown up woman *sweatdrops*.

(09-06-2013, 11:00 AM)Vinter Wrote: Any way to change to Japanese voice acting? The English voice actors aren't what you would call "great".
Also, I did recognize one female character voice as Kobayashi Yuu, and one male voice as Okamoto Nobuhiko.
System configuration > Other settings ^^

RE: List of the Voice Actors? - Vinter - 09-06-2013

You have my eternal gratitude. /formalbow

RE: List of the Voice Actors? - Moondoggie - 09-06-2013

(09-06-2013, 11:00 AM)Vinter Wrote: Any way to change to Japanese voice acting? The English voice actors aren't what you would call "great".

The mileage seems to vary on the English voice cast. Some are well known pros who are very good. Some not so much. The only one that annoyed me so far is the scions leader who's name escapes me at this moment. Her voice actress is awful.

But there really isn't enough voice acting in the game for me to care what language it's in anyway. It's only for a few select cut scenes.