Hydaelyn Role-Players
Edit your search info! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Edit your search info! (/showthread.php?tid=4332)

Edit your search info! - TheBlob - 09-06-2013

I'm not sure if this suggestion has been made somewhere and I just didn't see it, but I'd like to offer it to others since I just discovered it myself (perhaps I'm late to the party, who knows!).

I've taken to editing my search info to include the simple tag of "Roleplayer". Now if and when people examine my character a small 'chat bubble' appears under my name that shows others that label.

Since we don't have addons, I think this is the best way for us to recognize each other, especially in the daunting task of walk-up RP.

I'm sure this could be expanded to explain that you're 'New to RP', 'OOC currently', "OOC if:..." etc.

Hope this helps someone else out there!
---------------------------------------------------------------

From Duhbine: "To edit your search info. Go to Social, Click on your name and go Edit Search Info, and add at the bottom in Search Comments what you want to put.

Just for people that don't know how to"

RE: Edit your search info! - rynsan - 09-06-2013

I think it was suggested but a reminder is good. I already use this function on my character.

RE: Edit your search info! - Clover - 09-06-2013

I had no idea about this. Thank you for sharing this info!
I'm still unsure of what the search function is, but I shall investigate it now. *Logs in*

RE: Edit your search info! - Duhbine - 09-06-2013

To edit your search info. Go to Social, Click on your name and go Edit Search Info, and add at the bottom in Search Comments what you want to put.

Just for people that don't know how to

RE: Edit your search info! - Rinh Hallani - 09-06-2013

I've got "RPC member" in mine but I might just change that to "RPer" for people who aren't part of the RPC.

RE: Edit your search info! - Sini'to Shadar - 09-06-2013

I just did that today, for the same reason. The first people i saw had "RPC member" in their description, but clueless people wouldnt see that this means a Roleplay site, so i just changed it into Roleplayer.

RE: Edit your search info! - Asyria - 09-06-2013

Good plan!

I didn't even know that existed. Tongue

RE: Edit your search info! - TheBlob - 09-06-2013

Thank you Duhbine for explaining further for me! I should have done it in the OP. I'll edit it later.

I'm glad others found it useful! I knew others had to be as in the dark as I was. I'm new to the game so wasn't sure if this transferred over from 1.0 or if it was new, but I was happy to figure it out. At any rate, it is a wonderful idea. Smile

RE: Edit your search info! - Rosekitten - 09-07-2013

Oh I'm glad someone mentioned this, I had thought about posting something like that at one time but I didn't. I think I will now though. >w<

RE: Edit your search info! - Corelyn - 09-08-2013

As an extension of this, I had considered actually posting the link to the wiki for my characters in the search info after IC/OOC RP info.

RE: Edit your search info! - Riken Avadur - 09-09-2013

/bump

Definitely something more people should use, and as mentioned can really help distinguish ourselves and make spontaneous RP a lot less awkward. Cheers.

-Riken.