Hydaelyn Role-Players
A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=436)

Pages: 1 2 3

A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Smiling River - 08-22-2010

Discussion thread since everyone else has one :p

Here you can voice your questions, comments, concerns, etc. regarding the A.E.T.H.E.R. Linkshell. If you're mean, we'll stop doing your math homework.

Re: A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Lunavati - 08-29-2010

A.E.T.H.E.R. intrigues me, and my gaming partner, Dranmarth. He is not new to the Final Fantasy worlds; I am. Off to read lore and then try to write a character bio that does not make me cringe.

Great work on the Linkshell.

Mia

Re: A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Smiling River - 08-30-2010

Thanks for the enthusiasm! :cheer:

If you want me to take a look at your bio and toss you some feedback prior to our doors being officially re-opened (aka the application questions resulting in bloodbath) send it over. You can PM me here or our forums, thanks! Smile

A slight update; we've had our first meeting and there are a lot of interesting concepts in the works, stay tuned to the main thread over in the Guild Hall :approve:

Re: A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Lunavati - 08-30-2010

Thanks, Mason, appreciate it mucho. I wrote up a draft last night, and *coughs* I am at work today, but may pm it over to you later today. Trying to get the geography/social aspects, not to mention the personal, to work without ever having seen the world making me a bit nuts.

Mia

Re: A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Nbokkri - 08-30-2010

Lunavati Wrote:*coughs* I am at work today

D: Such a horrible person! Work is for work *nods* It's only acceptable if you have nothing to do like me ^^

I have work, let me see, oh yes, right here: Find out where Mia's clans live. Yep. First order of business. And I guess I can grade a bit, sigh....

Re: A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Nbokkri - 08-30-2010

Lunavati Wrote:And I guess I can grade a bit, sigh....

^^ What type of grading?

Shhh....don't tell anybody, but I teach college-level literature and humanties Geek

Re: A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Dranmarth - 08-30-2010

Yes, she's a naughty teacher that games at work and only grades when she REALLY has to, no apples for her!

As a side note, I'm also hashing out some stuff with my character bio and background, hope to have a good one for when applications re-open, looking forward to hopefully getting involved with A.E.T.H.E.R.

Hey, Dran! And I will have you know my students bring me much more interesting things than apples :study:

Re: A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Nbokkri - 08-31-2010

Lunavati Wrote:Hey, Dran! And I will have you know my students bring me much more interesting things than apples :study:

That could be misinterpreted >.<;

Re: A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Lunavati - 08-31-2010

Haha, they tend to bring me things like fossils, rocks, minerals, family stories, pictures, a kitten once, and best of all, a three-foot tall animated, singing Frankenstein in honor of our reading/studying Mary Shelley one rainy October :study:

Re: A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Nbokkri - 08-31-2010

Nice : )

I was going to try going for teaching English at one point. Ended up in software instead... it's interesting where life can lead us. But I can say one thing: no one brings me anything but problems in software lol. *shakes fist at the sky*

Re: A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Lunavati - 08-31-2010

I get those tech support issues too. I teach online, so am always trouble-shooting for students, and then teaching faculty who like to open attachments in emails. *shiver*

But I don't have to do software issues all day--know that gets draining.

A.E.T.H.E.R. folk will be good to hang out with and let you blow off frustration. Wonder if they are going to be doing events? What kind?

Mia

Re: A.E.T.H.E.R. Discussion - Nbokkri - 09-01-2010

We've been tossing around ideas, but we're really trying to figure out something that would be fun. It can be difficult coming up with events that don't result in people just coming and standing around for an hour or longer... *memories of Aion come flooding back* Come launch we'll hopefully have some ideas : )