Hydaelyn Role-Players
(OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah (/showthread.php?tid=4364)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - IncubusManatee - 09-30-2013

"Well, he is right now being mended back to health. Since he couldn't walk out of the ring." Voice bright and cheery as he sat down on the ground still. "I may have come in third-as I lost my bout in the semi-finals; certainly was fun though." Chuckling softly now. "Though it is quite funny that everyone remembers me for my monetary loses." A snort would be all that came after his sentence.

Looking back at the huntress slowly, he finally deigned to answer her. "Yep, your a gargoyle. And no, your not scary-just make me want to tackle you to the ground. So you and I are on the same level." Then raised a single finger. "Your smelling senses are duly noted for their extreme perception. And especially welcome, because my money sprouted legs earlier it seem's. Monetary loses. Again."

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - elisan - 10-01-2013

"Tackle me?" Seda let out a laugh before she sat up from her languid stretch across the top of the crates. "You dislike the unpredictability of someone above you hm?" She rolled with the ease and grace that came from a lifetime of practice, dropping to the ground next to him. "Is this better?" A slow blink of those golden eyes as she scanned the immediate area almost absently before looking back to where he sat and then to the flute player who'd addressed them. A polite nod at his recognition of their earlier encounter, "you play well - a shame most of the dockworkers likely wouldn't appreciate the softer sounds as opposed to a rowdy bar song".

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - IncubusManatee - 10-01-2013

"Oh I don't mind a woman being above me-but I would prefer us to be on the same plane; as my neck doesn't feel all that good right now." He said playfully as she dropped down to the ground. Raising a brow slowly as she peered about. Then nodded with her words towards the Hyur whom was playing earlier. "She's right. They would prefer the sound of their catastrophically out of sync voices over harmony. Pretty sure that when Sailors get in a fight-they just belch their way to victory. Not a single punch thrown."

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - Nirri - 10-01-2013

"I could say the same. Not one for the loud and rowdy music, in fights I'm not one to throw punches either. So I guess I have something in common with these men." A smile growing on his lips as his hands rest beside his body to push himself into a seated position, gazing out to the water reflecting the sky and parts of the dock that stretch out to the horizon. As if to put more emphasis on his words, his eyes wander over to the bow resting beside him and looks it over shortly.

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - Fen - 10-01-2013

Sauntering down the path came a Elezen man with messy blonde hair and an ever-present smirk, though notably a weary one. Green eyes twinkled as they caught the light from the lanterns along the road and the greatcoat worn over his shoulders billowed in the breeze. Out of the side of his mouth lazily hung a toothpick and the apparently young man hummed as he went along.

Baer might recognize the Elezen, "Fen," if he was able to catch the name, from one or two of the more organized fights in and near the city. He seemed to habitually be paired against male Roes in the ring and was also habitually near-flattened in each case by said opponents. Winning back his entry fee did not seem to be one of his habits.

He blinked over to the small group of people, who rather obviously were not the usual dock workers, and perked a brow, "Ah... Hullo," he said with a mild accent as he stepped nearer the people. The coat over his shoulders obscured most of his body, but his face seemed rather bruised as he stepped into the light. Nonetheless, he seemed in good humour.

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - elisan - 10-02-2013

She let out a chuckle, rolling her eyes at Baer. "I bet you don't.." A little nod of her head toward the flutist. "Ahh, yes..the archer. I remember you". Leaning against the boxes now, rather than perched atop them, Seda noted the elezen's approach and offered a polite wave as she leaned toward the highlander to comment, "You ever teach anyone your art?"

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - Nirri - 10-03-2013

His gaze lingered upon the miqo'te while giving a short wave in the direction of the newcomer. "I only teach them if they want to learn truthfully.",  his fingertips enwrapping the flute as he tossed it with a slow motion in the direction of the huntress. "I'm sure you don't need teaching?"

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - elisan - 10-03-2013

She shook her head, a faintly amused smile. "No, I'd meant Red here - the art of hand to hand combat...with the bow, I am a formidable force. However recently I've found myself in situations where distance is not my friend. I can hold my own but I lack the grace and technique to say I'm any good at it". She gestured to the large red haired highlander sitting next to her.

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - Lorielle Sylwood - 10-07-2013

A short Elezen woman walked along the docks, her footfalls light and slow.  The moonlight seemed to seep into her pale skin, glowing outward and reflecting light into her eyes.  They were bright and gleaming, glazed over by the light of the moon.  Her irises, a perfect blend between blue and green, were illuminated to the point that they appeared brighter than the whites of her eyes.  Her hair was a deep, dark brown, worn in a braid which she had wrapped around the back of her head like a crooked halo.  She wore a blue tunic with long, loose sleeves, using a leather belt to secure the loose clothing around her waist.  Beneath it she wore brown pants, which she had tucked into the top of her knee-high leather boots.

She had both of her hands together, holding one another loosely at her bosom as she walked.  She was watching the moon's reflection on the water as she walked, glancing down occasionally to look at the stretch of board ahead of her.  She was smaller than the average Elezen, and her ears were quite short and very pointy.  Despite the creamy complexion of her skin, her cheeks were flushed red, and seemed to be that way constantly.  A small, dark brown dot rested on her cheek bone beneath her right eye, the only marking she had on her face.

She lowered her hands, her elbows pinned to her sides, her hands in front of her waist.  She spread out her fingers, bringing the tips together.  She would bring her fingers close, then spread them apart, repeatedly in a slow motion.  She had just approached the end of the boardwalk when she heard soft voices nearby.  She paused mid-stride, turning her head to see a gathering of people standing together at one of the docks.  They all looked to be chatting comfortably among one another.

Should she try to join in?  She had very little social interaction since leaving her home near Camp Tranquil.  A large group would be easier to slip into naturally than trying to talk one-on-one with someone, right?  No, she should just return to the inn.  She should return to the inn and...forever wonder if she could have made friends tonight.  She bit her lip slightly, twisting her head downward.  In the worst case scenario, she would make a fool of herself and never see these people again.

She raised her head, her bright eyes gleaming with intense determination.  She walked closer to the group with her slow stride, wearing a small, friendly smile.  "Good evening," she said softly, but firmly.  She could force confidence when she felt she needed to.  Hearing the certainty in her own voice boosted her confidence enough to keep from immediately regretting her decision to approach them.

There was a Miqo'te woman, the only woman of the group more specifically.  She seemed quite comfortable, carrying on with one of the larger men of the gathering.  The large flame-haired Highlander was rather roughed up, however his good humor did not appear at all bruised.  A male Hyur with black hair and a relaxed demeanor caught the Elezen's eye, for his garb was clearly Gridanian.  She wondered if he was as unacquainted with the heat of Ul'dah as she was.  Finally there was a blonde Elezen man.  The shorter Elezen woman could not make heads or tails of his state at the moment, as he seemed to be silent although within the group.

OOC: I apologize for how long this post got o.o I got a little bit ahead of myself ^^'

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - Fen - 10-07-2013

Show Content

Fen nodded to the group and and wandered off as the other Elezen came up. He had some business to attend to with a merchant, and the man didn't like being kept waiting.

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - IncubusManatee - 10-10-2013

The red haired man just stayed quiet for a bit as the Midlander spoke about how he didin't use his hands either. Chuckling gently. "Yeah, sometimes fists don't quite get the message across as well as some other things might." Voice still playful as he yawned a bit. Making his jaw crack a little. Eyes shifting over the newcomer and narrowing gently in the darkness, barely able to see due to the flickering firelight of a nearby lantern-but recognizing someone whom he had seen fight before. Someone who had frequented some of the same circuits as himself. 

Never having caught his name, he just gave a nod of his head to the newcomer. "Evenin'!" He said in response to the Elezen on approach. Then turned his attention back onto the Huntress who asked him that question-after it having been clarified. Watching as the flute was tossed to her. Waiting several seconds before he responded. "Well, I am looking to teach someone at some point. Getting old is not helping my fight's, and I want my family's knowledge passed down to someone. Lacking kid's, can't really leave the burden on them." Then waits a moment. "I might just teach someone if their truly willing to learn." And nods his head gently. Making the silver pieces in his hair jingle once more.

"A fighter doesn't need perfect grace to win, nor strength. Misconceptions. Skill. Applied skill with a sharp mind can win any battle." Then chuckles. "But being fast and strong is always a good plus to have on your side." 

Head turning gently to regard the newcomer Elezen woman who had addressed them. Nodding his head to her in turn as well. "Evenin'!" Voice bright and bouncy like it usually was. Slightly tinted with a bit of tiredness though, and cracked rather minorly due to his earlier escapades. 

((OOC:Sorry about the slow reply guy's, been on injury recov. will be trying to be more active with posts from here on out.))

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - elisan - 10-10-2013

Seda had caught the offered flute as it sailed leisurely her way, emitting a faint chuckle as she examined it - half an eye on the daydreaming highlander.  The ocean air, the mixtures of individual smells around her, sweat and now drying blood; these had been filtered long enough now that they were in the back of her senses. It was easy to pick out the newest one, being far different from the others. Nervousness mixed with something very clean. Golden eyes pulled from the pair she'd been chatting with to come to rest on the approaching Elezen woman. A polite nod was given to her as Fen decided he had some other place to be and wandered off. The sound of Baer coming out of his state of thinking brought her back and she listened to him reply to her earlier question.
Another nod then, the faintest grin exposing elongated canines. "Well then, I do believe I'm interested in filling that vacancy - I don't have size on my side, but I'm quick enough in body and mind. This will be an interesting endeavor". The subtle tone carried along in the undercurrent of his voice softened those lion like golds for a moment. "After a few days rest, of course". She offered a polite verbal greeting to the small elezen woman when she was close enough to not have to call out, "Evening".

"Who's to say I would accept you as a student?" He says as he popped both of his eyebrows. "There are entrance exams you must partake in." Tone obviously playful as he leaned back on his hands. Sparing a glance at everyone a moment. Before focusing in on the Huntress once more. 

"And yes, it will be interesting." Rubbing the back of his neck slowly now with one hand as to loosen up the sore muscles. "Do you have any problem with beaches and sun?" He asks offhandedly.

RE: (OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah - elisan - 10-10-2013

The sun. Ah, the sun - that treacherous, too bright, too hot ball of annoyance in the sky. Did she have a problem with the sun? She had to think about that for a moment....it was a long moment. "I do enjoy beaches, however, given my nature I would not be at my best during the brightest hours of the day. I'm nocturnal, Red. Keeper of the Moon. The between times..sunset, sunrise..those are alright times but I work best in the dark of night. I -can- stay awake during the day, when necessary..I just don't like it". She shrugged lightly. Nature being what it was and times being what they were, her sleep patterns were terribly disrupted already.

"Hmmm." The large man said as he pondered on the Catkin's words. Leaning back on his hands a bit more as he looked up at the sky. "This ~is~ going to be interesting." Looking at her sidelong as he spoke. "Will try and alter the traditional methods of training to form around you a bit. That's if you can pass the first test." Nodding his head gently once more. 

"Which!" He said after a moment. Raising a single finger with one large hand that had darted up from its supporting position behind him. "I will not tell you about. It's going to be a surprise."