Hydaelyn Role-Players
Astral Aegis (Inactive) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Astral Aegis (Inactive) (/showthread.php?tid=4381)

Astral Aegis (Inactive) - Tsori - 09-08-2013

I have been many things.

As a child, I was a poacher. I was a predator of the forest, for reasons that were not my own.

As I grew and understood, I left.. running for many years as the prey that I, myself, had hunted.

As an adult, I stepped out into the light. I became a Knight. I became a Templar. I led many, fought for what was right, and held their tenets to my heart.

But even as times change, and so do the people, there will always be those that struggle to fit the mold cast upon them. In the end, everything I have been was always bound in the chains of others, constricting who I was and preventing who I wanted to be.

I lie, sneak, cheat, manipulate, and deceive. I wear the guise of an angel with a soul much darker than that. The skins of a poacher are too tainted for me, and yet the armor of a Knight shines too brightly.

So now I walk a path between the two. Those tenets are still on my heart, but sacrifices have been made. To protect myself and those I love, there is little I will not do anymore, even if it casts so dark a shadow that others would fear to step inside. This is my resolve, my conviction, my path.

I do not walk this path alone. Beside me are others that society might shun, but hold their heads high as they follow their own hearts. They are people I know, people I love, and even people I hate. But regardless, it is the path that binds us, and I know that should I falter, they will be there to pick up the pieces and succeed where I could not.. just as I wouldn't bat an eye should another fall, picking them up and forging onward.

It doesn't matter what we do. It's why we do it that burns fiercest in each of our hearts. It's the benefit it might bring, and the possibility that no one else will have to walk the path we do. We walk it, because no one else will. We do what is needed, because no one else will. But at our very core.. we do it all for ourselves, and no one else.

We are many things.

We are outcasts. We are knights. We are kids. We are sages. We are engineers. We are brave and foolish and wise and ignorant.. and arrogant and timid and formal and chaotic. However, together, we are a shield; An Astral Aegis that shines in a kaleidoscope of different people, different places, different motivations, and different desires. It defends one sole path in the hope that one day, it will no longer be needed. Yet, until that day, we will do what is necessary, no matter the cost.

We are who we are.. and we'll fight to remain that way.

--Excerpt from a letter found outside the burned hall of the twelve.

RP Intensity: 46-75%
Theme: Outcast Knights/Adventurers
Free company: Yes
Recruitment: Open
Server: Balmung

OOC Info

UPDATE: We have re-opened recruitment, but only to utterly good applications and characters. Apply now!

We are a newly founded RP FC built from previous knights. With a desire for less upheld roleplay and seizing the unique chance of bringing our old IC lore with us we have formed Astral Aegis, a group dedicated to the further good no matter the cost. Our rp rolls from righteous actions of aid and compassion, to treasure hunting and exploring. You can join the more pious of the outcast knights in their duties they still cling to, aid the engineers in their quest to rival Garlean magitech or simply go shopping with our resident fashion obsessed miqo'te.

Through all this we yearn to be as lore specific as possible, however always understanding that overall FUN is the goal.

What we offer is a very active free company in all three areas of the game, PvE, PvP and RP. We have a somewhat addictive personality as far as roleplay is concerned, random rp is almost daily with intentions of moving the overall guild storyline onwards through events. Currently we are looking for anyone who believes their character would fit the theme and actively encourage people to check out the website.

Additionally, we are proud to say we are very EU friendly! Something that is not seen often, the general timezones in the guild serve both the EU and US regions with RP happening in both. As an EU player on Balmung it can sometimes be hard to find RP without staying long into the night, here is your answer!

So if the concept catches you, you're over 18, hate drama with a passion or just want to say hi, then shoot on by to the forums and throw us an application.

http://astralaegis.enjin.com/home

Guild Rules

Unlike many guilds in many other games I'm not going to offer a huge list of guidelines or regulations. We're all playing this game for the same reasons I hope. To have fun! That being said most things are very common sense things that would apply anywhere not just a guild. I will however list a small few that I think are very important for the Aegis as a whole.

Drama & Harasment

Although this may fall under common sense I'm going to say it here anyhow. Many of the players in Astral Aegis have had some poor experiences with OOC and RL drama becoming a problem. So we would like to ask that you keep that not to a minimum but to a near non-existence. We do understand that bad days happen and sometimes you just need to vent, however if at anytime that venting becomes an issue for someone and you're made aware, you need to stop. Such things should never leak over into our public channels at any time and if they do they become a kickable offense. In short; keep drama out of the game and everyone will be happier and if you can't please keep it to private channels and if you're asked to cease and you do not, realize you may be removed.

This picture is Unrated and may contain adult content

This isn't exactly a rule but almost a warning. We expect to maintain a membership of adults and as such we're going to have and allow adult levels of humor and conversation. Essentially if you find that you're easily offended than we're not the Free Company for you. If you are going to be upset at someone because of something said in jest than this may not be the Free Company for you. The officers will not police the chat channels and if you find you have an issue with someones comments or sense of humor than your best recourse is to talk to them privately or take advantage of your blacklist feature. Complaining about such a thing will lead to someone pointing out the first rule above.

Activity

We understand that this is just a game and as such are not going to make requirements of your time on a daily or even weekly basis. We do ask that you grace us with your presence at least monthly. Thus if a character falls past 30 days of inactivity they will be removed from the company roster.

Linkshell & Free Company Chat

We have two seperate methods of communication given to us in this game and being a role play guild we're going to take advantage of one of them. Thus starting 9/17/13 the Linkshell channel will be considered an IC channel and the Free Company channel will be considered OOC. Please keep this in mind when using those channels and try not to intermix the two too often.

The rest comes down to common sense so use it and follow the above three rules and we'll get along nicely. We look forwards to gaming with you in the future.

RE: Astral Aegis - Zaul - 09-09-2013

I am still looking for an FC.. Think I may have to put in an app here. As soon as I man up. Apps always intimidate me.

RE: Astral Aegis - Tsori - 09-11-2013

Ours is awesome. Youl be fine =D do it..dooooo it.

RE: Astral Aegis - Tsori - 10-01-2013

Recruitment opened again,

Only to those with brilliantly thought out characters. So if your an amazing Roleplayer and want to jump aboard, now is the time! Apply via the website.

RE: Astral Aegis - Piaras Wolfwood - 10-25-2013

I love your disclaimer!  Application submitted!