Hydaelyn Role-Players
Good to meet you! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Good to meet you! (/showthread.php?tid=4440)

Good to meet you! - Yoa - 09-10-2013

Hello there, thanks for dropping by!

With the re-launch of Final Fantasy XIV and influx of new and old players alike, I'm excited to introduce myself to the community!
Ahem...

I'll try to tell you a little about myself and just write what comes naturally!
My name is Alice, but I'm known as Yoa or Kotori online!
I'm 28 years old, Swedish, so please excuse my violation of the English language, I try very hard to improve as best as can!
Let's see...I'm a huge video game geek (retro games from the 90's especially), and I love animals, I have an African house snake living with me, his name's Niarte after my best friend's RP character, huhuhu...he's my little jewel!
I'm also a volunteer worker for the Red Cross.

I've played most big MMO titles, like Ragnarok Online, Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft, Aion, TERA, and Guild Wars 2, to mention a few!

That's about it!

I love role-playing, weaving stories and intrigue, using your imagination to its fullest, few things are as fun! 
My head's boiling with ideas for Final Fantasy XIV: ARR!
Only problem... I'm so shy, and I have some confidence issues (like my English not being good enough...).
My MMO RP experience is limited at best, and for almost 10 years I've had my best friend there to support and encourage me, we've always been of very similar ideas (crazy fangirls we are), but we've drifted apart, while still close friends, she's moved on to other things in life, as happens.
I've been engaged in safe and secure 1-on-1 RP for so long that I instantly clamp up around new people, even though I so desperately wish to take part and broaden my role-playing horizons... It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks...

Gosh, I'm rambling...! Always happens when I'm nervous and wants to get my point across...
I guess what I'm trying to say is... I'm really hoping to meet people to craft stories together with! 
I'll do my best to overcome my short-comings, so please give me a chance!

Also, I like miqo'te... so my main character is a Moon Keeper boy called Nei Lihzeh.
He's blind, but I like to have him wear spectacles (OOCly) because it's cute...herpy derp! ≧ ▽≦)

[Image: nei_zps16824e20.png]

RE: Good to meet you! - Sakurai Koji - 09-10-2013

Don't think that was to much of a ramble! Makes me second guess my introduction thread. I did not post nearly as much, You're going to make me work harder now lol. I'm new to Balmung as well, perhaps we can get something going. Look me up, Idra Prescott.

RE: Good to meet you! - Teardrop - 09-10-2013

Hello Yoa!

Looks like we've played many of the same MMO's...wonder if we've ever met and didn't know it Tongue .

We have a few players from Europe in our Free Company, specifically from the Scandinavian countries. I find that most of the time, their English usage is far, far better than us lazy, jaded native speakers Laugh !

Welcome to the community...hope to meet you in-game Thumbsup !

RE: Good to meet you! - Yoa - 09-11-2013

Quote:Posted by Teardrop - Today 04:19 AM
Hello Yoa!

Looks like we've played many of the same MMO's...wonder if we've ever met and didn't know it [Image: tongue.gif] .

We have a few players from Europe in our Free Company, specifically from the Scandinavian countries. I find that most of the time, their English usage is far, far better than us lazy, jaded native speakers [Image: laugh.gif] !

Welcome to the community...hope to meet you in-game [Image: thumbsup.gif] !

Hello, Teardrop! 
Nice to meet you!

Perhaps we have bumped into each other in other MMOs! I'm a bit of a loner, but if you ever saw a character named Joachim, that was most likely me running around! 
Regardless, I do hope we meet up in Final Fantasy XIV: ARR someday! Please don't be shy to say hi if you see me around on Nei!

Also, I'm glad you feel my English is alright. Thank you!

Quote:Posted by Sakurai Koji - Today 03:13 AM
Don't think that was to much of a ramble! Makes me second guess my introduction thread. I did not post nearly as much, You're going to make me work harder now lol. I'm new to Balmung as well, perhaps we can get something going. Look me up, Idra Prescott.

Hello, Sakurai! 
Nice to meet you as well!

Gosh, I swear I was rambling pretty bad last night. A 2:30 AM ramble no less!
I even forgot to mention I used to play Final Fantasy XIV  a lot during 1.0, so I'm not actually all that new to Balmung...I'll take this opportunity to welcome you to the server, though! 

I'll be on the look out for you, and hope we'll see each other in the game! 

RE: Good to meet you! - Taeh Niumoenwyn - 09-12-2013

Welcome to the RPC.

There are some threads that you may find of particular interest to EU players on the Balmung server.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2846

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3423

There is also a EU OOC Linkshell on the server Balmung.
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3026

RE: Good to meet you! - Rinh Hallani - 09-12-2013

Welcome aboard! Taeh's already mentioned Europa but I thought I'd point out the website for Eorzean Union, a PVE/PVP FC for EU players.

RE: Good to meet you! - IncubusManatee - 09-12-2013

Hello person I do not know. Welcome to the party. We're all high...

[Image: tumblr_m0g9av5qv61r13m08o1_500_zpsb5a1ace4.gif]

RE: Good to meet you! - Yoa - 09-12-2013

Hello!
Thanks, and nice to meet you!

I submitted an application to the Eorzean Union a few days ago, so I hope I'll be able to get an official invite soon! 
I was not aware of the Linkshell, but I will look into it, thanks for the information!

[Image: tumblr_mof0hkIrLL1s9rntno1_500_zpsb662a101.gif]

RE: Good to meet you! - VisualFish - 09-15-2013

Aye, I can relate to the whole shy thing and clamping up >_< I have been 1-on-1ing with my friend for a long time, so its a little scary for me to post an RP ad XD but I've been really wanting to try out FFXIV RP. 

I haven't chosen an RP server yet ether. I am so used to playing through emails, plus all my friends are in a none RP server--so I am going to eventually have to remake my character once I figure where to go.

RE: Good to meet you! - Rhoe Molkoh - 09-15-2013

Hi, I know how it feels to start over with out the people your used to playing with. None of my friends are playing or rping here either. So you should come over to Balmung. Rhoe can make you cookies......Rhoe can try to make you cookies, but probably end up serving you grilled fish, shes not verry good atcooking yet.