Hydaelyn Role-Players
Recent Maintenance Updates and Dungeon Mechanics Changed! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Recent Maintenance Updates and Dungeon Mechanics Changed! (/showthread.php?tid=4482)

Pages: 1 2 3

Recent Maintenance Updates and Dungeon Mechanics Changed! - Aleister - 09-12-2013

Just read the patch notes and for all those elitist douches who love speed running the dungeons and being total buttheads UP YOURS HAHAHAHAHAHA. >=D IT HAS TO BE RUN PROPERLY NOW LIKE INTENDED. AS well as a bunch of otherstuff that make me a very happy camper.

Update Details]
The following features have been implemented:

-An auto-logout feature has been introduced wherein characters that are inactive for 30 minutes will be automatically logged out of the game.

The following adjustments and countermeasures have been implemented:

-Changes have been made to the behavior and mechanics of the enemies found within the “The Wanderer’s Palace” and “Amdapor Keep” dungeons to counteract instances of players running through the dungeon without engaging enemies on the way to bosses.
As advancing through dungeons without defeating enemies is not an intended strategy, we plan to continue making further changes in the future to discourage this type of behavior.
-In instance dungeon “The Wanderer's Palace” and “Amdapor Keep”, we have increased the amount of AllaganCoins that can be obtained from a treasure chest.
-Reduced the amount of gil required for repair fees and materia removal as follows:

Equipment levels 1-10: 10 gil -> No Change
Equipment levels 11-20: 50 gil -> 30 gil
Equipment levels 21-30: 100 gil -> 60 gil
Equipment levels 31-40: 210 gil -> 120 gil
Equipment levels 41-40: 500 gil -> 200 gil

-Reduced the price of Dark Matter as follows:
Dark Matter G1: 5 gil -> 4 gil
Dark Matter G2: 30 gil -> 12 gil
Dark Matter G3: 70 gil -> 24 gil
Dark Matter G4: 150 gil -> 48 gil
Dark Matter G5: 350 gil -> 80 gil

A temporary countermeasure has been implemented for the following issue:

-For the issue wherein the “Manor Sentries” found within the Haukke Manor dungeon could become stuck and prevent players from progressing through the instanced dungeon, we have changed the original location of “Manor Sentries” to the second floor.

The following issues have been addressed:

-The server would crash under certain conditions during instanced dungeons.
-Characters would sometimes get stuck in the “Binding Coil of Bahamut” dungeon after the party was wiped out.
-Bomb Boulders would sometimes fail to appear in “The Navel (Hard)” battle.
-Certain monsters would sometimes get stuck in the “Amdapor Keep” dungeon.
-The option to return to Home Point would not display when completing a primal battle while being KO’d.
-The entry point for the “The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak” dungeon was shown in the field in the “Stinging Back” guildhest.
-The “Steel Reign” FATE would sometimes fail to appear.
-Completing the “Behold Now Behemoth” FATE would sometimes cause the server to crash.
-If the player was disconnected during the “Lady of the Vortex” instanced battle, the Duty List, Journal, and Journal Map may display incorrectly.
-The “Notorious Biggs” quest could sometimes be progressed without completing the instanced battle.
-There were occasions where it was impossible to target the snowman in the “Speak Softly to Me” quest.
-The cutscene was canceled if the player was attacked during the “Lord of Crags” cutscene.
-If a player logged out while being bound by duty within an instance, and logged back in after conclusion of the instance, the free company chat would not work.
-Mog Letters were not sent properly in some instances.
-Certain conditions would sometimes cause the server to crash while interacting with the free company
“Company Chest”.
-The “Reach” gauge was sometimes not selectable when in a new, unknown gathering point.
-In some instances, the specified items to collect were incorrect in the “A Relic Reborn” quest.
-In some instances, the specified enemies to defeat were incorrect in the “A Relic Reborn” quest.

._. Whoops.. Title is suppose to be "UP YOUR MEAN DF PEOPLE" >_>; Sorry about that guys.. Got a extremely happy right there.
Edit from Alothia: Fixed the title so that it wasn't all caps and is grammatically correct~!

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - ArmachiA - 09-12-2013

End game can get so elitist sometimes, can't it? Ugh.

Yeah I saw this coming. I haven't hit 50 yet (5 more levels ><) but I'm fine with the changes, even if it means the speed runners are now WAYYY ahead of me in Tombstones.

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - Eve Malusion - 09-12-2013

Eh, I'm fine with that, I don't really like abusing the system to be a commonplace method for speedrunning in the first place. Also we got our afk-kick, and the gil reduction for repair costs is massive.

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - Ashren Dotharl - 09-12-2013

I enjoyed speed runs, but I don't think that makes me an elitist or a butt head. I also rarely use DF for anything at lvl 50, that's what FCs and LSs are for in my opinion, so the people I was running with were all doing it to speed run, however they did not fix speed running in Castrum or Praetorium which is actually WORSE, because now all the people who were doing AK and WP for speed runs will be flooding those dungeons, making life hard on people who want to watch cutscenes and enjoy the ending of the storyline.

So while the people who got their wish to slow down content without storylines, they have only hurt themselves by forcing those people into the content with storylines.

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - Moondoggie - 09-12-2013

Not sure how stopping people skipping trash mobs is going to stop people being mean but okay.

I think there is a huge difference between people who want to cut out pointless parts of runs and people who are jerks.

Also really can't see the point of them having an AFK timer now. I doubt anyone is bothering to keep logged in now since there are rarely queues or errors.

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - T'salmaveth - 09-12-2013

My only problem at this point is that they haven't instituted something to help check the rampant rude hateful nasty behaviour that comes in the final two storyline dungeons. Had a group that purposefully ruined the experience for my friend on his very first run of Praetorium.... demanded we skip the cut scenes so they could speed through.

Fixing one case of speed running is great. Now I can only hope they do something about the other... because the jerks will move to the final two story dungeons and demand players skip their stories and, if told no, hurl untold abuse and pull things anyway.

I want to call this one guy out... he's not part of the RPC or anything, but I won't because I saw people saying not to do so. We were forced together because of the DF and hopefully I will never see his little troll Lala BLM self again... but he and his one or two buddies(there were FOUR of us wanting to watch the scenes, including a healer(me) and a tank) pulled the final-final boss and killed him while my friend and I were watching the cut scene, meaning he never got to take part in that final fight.

Nothing ticks me off more than that. I hope karma comes around on those players and I hope SE does something about it, in whatever way they can. /sigh

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - Moondoggie - 09-12-2013

When it comes to pre boss cut scenes if there is plenty of time i don't see the need to rush or to expect others to rush. Sometimes it helps to establish you are new to a dungeon so people will expect you to watch the cut scenes. Not encountered too many people who are jerks about this i will normally purposely not cross the purple line before the cut scene is done if i want to watch it so if they want to be healed they will just have to wait. Had a couple of "go go go!" Tanks still who charge in without a healer and i just have to wait for them to wipe and waste time while they run back more so than would have been wasted waiting a couple of minutes for me to watch a storyline scene.

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - BlessedSilence - 09-12-2013

Yet there are places like Ifrit that lock you in place until everyone watches the cutscenes.  I don't get it.

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-12-2013

(09-12-2013, 08:52 AM)Moondoggie Wrote: When it comes to pre boss cut scenes if there is plenty of time i don't see the need to rush or to expect others to rush. Sometimes it helps to establish you are new to a dungeon so people will expect you to watch the cut scenes. Not encountered too many people who are jerks about this i will normally purposely not cross the purple line before the cut scene is done if i want to watch it so if they want to be healed they will just have to wait. Had a couple of "go go go!" Tanks still who charge in without a healer and i just have to wait for them to wipe and waste time while they run back more so than would have been wasted waiting a couple of minutes for me to watch a storyline scene.

The indisputable power of heeeeaaaalzooooors~! I'm guilty of accidentally going in too soon in heroics in WoW on my tank. But I'm a Blood-spec DK. The door shuts and the healer's outside shouting "Well, have a good time wiping!"

5 minutes later we emerge unscathed.

It happens two more times. "You don't even need a healer! This isn't fair!"

I'm suspicious that that fellow was alt tabbing because he'd be right behind me while we run towards a boss and he'd just stop and stand there and get locked out of the room.

I have a feeling that won't happen in FFXIV.

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - Macey - 09-12-2013

Another way they could have done it was add more incentives for killing trash mobs at 50. I only just made 50, but I can already feel a slight malaise about having to work through patches of mobs for no reward, just to get to the boss. When leveling, the xp made killing most of the mobs at least worth it.

Maybe if they had a way of converting xp into something useful at 50, like material?

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - IncubusManatee - 09-12-2013

(09-12-2013, 10:53 AM)Macey Wrote: Another way they could have done it was add more incentives for killing trash mobs at 50. I only just made 50, but I can already feel a slight malaise about having to work through patches of mobs for no reward, just to get to the boss. When leveling, the xp made killing most of the mobs at least worth it.

Maybe if they had a way of converting xp into something useful at 50, like material?

Or gil maybe?

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - erosskye - 09-12-2013

Wow they did a lot of work in the patch.

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - Rahal - 09-12-2013

Actually this change is bad for everyone:
  • Exactly 60 runs of AK are needed for full Darklight. At a 20 minute run each this clocks in at 1,200 minutes or 20 hours of playtime. Basically you can get your Darklight comfortably with casual play without a problem. But not any more you are now looking at potentially spending up to120 hours just to get your Darklight set, so you can grind Primals so you can grind Bahamut's Coil.
  • People already in Darklight no longer have a reason to run AK and WP to help lower level people. All this change has done is alienate new players from the well equipped players by actively discouraging the well equipped players from interacting in content with new players. Why spend up to 2 hours in a dungeon with a new player when a party of full Dark Light people can do it in less than 40. To this end I am expecting a rapid increase in shouts in town demanding parties full Dark Light only and I really can't blame them.
  • There is still no incentive to clear out the trash mobs. Nothing is dropped and the Allagan Pieces always go to someone random so it's entirely possible that you will get nothing from it.
  • It just pushed the Speedrunners into Castrum and Praetorium making it even worse for people trying to get the story done.
  • I played a bit of AK this morning and it is completely broken for non-tanks. SE made every mob Sleep immune and gave them a huge movespeed boost in the new patch. As a BLM I can tell you first hand, if you pull aggro you die. No ifs or buts. You can't hit Lethargy + Sprint and kite them away because the mobs just ignore it. If you run to the tank then you may will risk triggering a link, or in the case of WP, get stabbed in the face by a Tonberry Patrol. Basically all that will happen is "LFM AK/WP Speedrun Spam SCH, DRG, MNK Full Darklight ONRY".
  • The game's economy is still broken as there is no way to make money. What is happening in the game is that the moneysinks are taking more money out than is made by players. What does this mean? There's no incentive to do a damn thing at 50. Repair bills are still going to be a moneysink and AH Taxes ensure that money is being steadily burned. Sure you can earn money by selling things to other players but people are slowly starting to realise that there is less and less money going around which is causing AH prices on everything to crash, devaluing the DoH and DoL classes even more.
  • Until they bring back the "Limit Break" quests from FFXI where at 50 and each 5 levels to 75, you were forced to group up to do a quest. This will very quickly weed out the bads and power levellers in FFXIV. make it so everyone can't get past lv10 without doing the Guildleves, 15 without doing Satasha, 40 without doing the Raid Leve etc. Everyone currently at 50 will also be permanently synced to Lv10 with the only way to raise that will be to do the Duty finder stuff. Boom, you will only see truly bad players and power levellers at low levels because they can't function in a team.
  • You will still run into mean people and elitists but thankfully they are a tiny minority on this wonderful server. That problem will solve itself when they finally fuck off back to WoW :3

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - Aleister - 09-12-2013

Yes I did a speed once Ashren and it was nice but I know not everyone doing is a jerk BUT people just assume in the duty finder that every run will be a speed run and that they have the right to be assholes. I feel like this is a big finger to them not to mention this speed run shouldn't even be there to begin with its not how you place a the game's dungeon.. If anything a speed run should be a group knowing their stuff and cleaning a WHOLE dungeon out in a time that can make it a speed run (Like what 60 minutes for AK? is a speed run since its 120minutes?) Which I'm willing to bet a lot of gil a elitist found this method of running the dungeon to just be cool points and be all mighty.
Sadly.. I also agree those two storyline raids will be filled with them now unless SE secretly did the same to those dungeons and just haven't told anyone.. For the cutscene..? Sorry but I'm against watching it for the storyline raids. I'd be fine if you're with a group of FC or LS but if you're with 7 random people? Skip it and watch it at the inn they take up other peoples time not to mention they can wipe you. (Certain part in the first storyline where you shoot something in the sky and if you're derpy about it.. adds will kill you in the cutscene) Also.. Second storyline raid? Is not easy at all and you need all the time you can get if things don't go well for the group

RE: UP YOUR MEAN PEOPLE! - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-12-2013

(09-12-2013, 11:26 AM)Rahal Wrote: Actually this change is bad for everyone:
  • Exactly 60 runs of AK are needed for full Darklight. At a 20 minute run each this clocks in at 1,200 minutes or 20 hours of playtime. Basically you can get your Darklight comfortably with casual play without a problem. But not any more you are now looking at potentially spending up to120 hours just to get your Darklight set, so you can grind Primals so you can grind Bahamut's Coil.
  • People already in Darklight no longer have a reason to run AK and WP to help lower level people. All this change has done is alienate new players from the well equipped players by actively discouraging the well equipped players from interacting in content with new players. Why spend up to 2 hours in a dungeon with a new player when a party of full Dark Light people can do it in less than 40. To this end I am expecting a rapid increase in shouts in town demanding parties full Dark Light only and I really can't blame them.
  • There is still no incentive to clear out the trash mobs. Nothing is dropped and the Allagan Pieces always go to someone random so it's entirely possible that you will get nothing from it.
  • It just pushed the Speedrunners into Castrum and Praetorium making it even worse for people trying to get the story done.
  • I played a bit of AK this morning and it is completely broken for non-tanks. SE made every mob Sleep immune and gave them a huge movespeed boost in the new patch. As a BLM I can tell you first hand, if you pull aggro you die. No ifs or buts. You can't hit Lethargy + Sprint and kite them away because the mobs just ignore it. If you run to the tank then you may will risk triggering a link, or in the case of WP, get stabbed in the face by a Tonberry Patrol. Basically all that will happen is "LFM AK/WP Speedrun Spam SCH, DRG, MNK Full Darklight ONRY".
  • The game's economy is still broken as there is no way to make money. What is happening in the game is that the moneysinks are taking more money out than is made by players. What does this mean? There's no incentive to do a damn thing at 50. Repair bills are still going to be a moneysink and AH Taxes ensure that money is being steadily burned. Sure you can earn money by selling things to other players but people are slowly starting to realise that there is less and less money going around which is causing AH prices on everything to crash, devaluing the DoH and DoL classes even more.
  • Until they bring back the "Limit Break" quests from FFXI where at 50 and each 5 levels to 75, you were forced to group up to do a quest. This will very quickly weed out the bads and power levellers in FFXIV. make it so everyone can't get past lv10 without doing the Guildleves, 15 without doing Satasha, 40 without doing the Raid Leve etc. Everyone currently at 50 will also be permanently synced to Lv10 with the only way to raise that will be to do the Duty finder stuff. Boom, you will only see truly bad players and power levellers at low levels because they can't function in a team.
  • You will still run into mean people and elitists but thankfully they are a tiny minority on this wonderful server. That problem will solve itself when they finally fuck off back to WoW :3

You... You kinda just blew my mind. I'm pretty scared now.