Hydaelyn Role-Players
I AM RIGHT HERE - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I AM RIGHT HERE (/showthread.php?tid=4548)

I AM RIGHT HERE - The Alibi of Tyrants - 09-15-2013

Hi all! It's a pleasure! No, really. It is. It's all mine! Can't get enough. I...

Alright, alright. Not even, what, little over a handful of words and I'm already sounding sycophantic. Sheesh. The Alibi of Tyrants here (or TaoT, Tater Tot, whatever you fancy), and I am looking to get my RP on after almost a year of absenteeism. I could sit here and blather on about the proverbial spring of imagination drying up, or woefully tell you about the times I've sat in front of my computer thinking "golly, gee! Whatcha gonna put out today with that great imagination of yours!" only to produce zilch, or really just moan and complain about anything, really. But hey, I figure that the best way of doing something sometimes is just, well, doing. The bottom line is that I haven't been doing. I seek to remedy that.

Anywho. The good news is that I'm actually pretty damn experienced at the roleplaying bit. Humble beginnings on chat rooms ("the two cardinal rules: always prep and never auto!") to tabletop (take a look at my avatar and title; ten bucks to the Joe or Jane that gets the references) to MMOs. I know I'm a little late to the MMO roleplaying party; I didn't really get into the genre until I started playing World of Warcraft. I was a Wrath Baby, starting up just a few months after the expansion Wrath of the Lich King was released. I dabbled around in previous iterations of the game (Vanilla and BC) in stretches of time that you couldn't even deem "fractal," so I don't even really count that; I thought the game boring and tedious and blah initially (and like I found out later: Most of your MMOs are a freaking grindfest and boring and tedious and blah). However, the RP aspect of World of Warcraft appealed to me and...well, I think we all know where this story goes. Shout outs to Wyrmrest Accord and all of that. Even though I got bored of WoW, still a great community.

What were we talking about? Oh, roleplaying. Writing. Truth be told? I like fiddling with the setting. Not to the point of ridiculousness or anything, but conceiving mores and concepts and peoples that you could feasibly find within the world itself. One of my coolest creations were a very, very loose recreation of the Roma for WoW, specifically for the quel'dorei/sin'dorei race. I made it a sorta sub-sect/fraternity/counter-culture sorta ish and it gradually evolved into this sorta...social construct. And it freaking worked! I was proud. I got a lot of accolades for it. Perhaps I'll take a stab at Eorzea one of these days and make something on that scale. There's looooooots of potential here, and I'm a pretty creative guy. It'll work.

I'm looking forward to meeting ya'll in-game! Hopefully I'll have a character and a legit home server soon (hoping it's Balmung or Gilgamesh).

RE: I AM RIGHT HERE - Rinh Hallani - 09-16-2013

Welcome aboard!

RE: I AM RIGHT HERE - Katanyae - 09-16-2013

I AM RIGHT THERE

Welcome Wink