Hydaelyn Role-Players
A new life (Ended) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A new life (Ended) (/showthread.php?tid=457)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

A new life (Ended) - Tsuki_Wulf - 08-24-2010

(A repost with some revisions from my welcome page, mainly decided that my spell caster will be a Miqo'te, her story will be posted later.)

Having only just stepped off the ship I looked back over my shoulder to the sea, were yet only the night before I swore I was about to meet a watery grave. With a sigh full of content I continued on my merry way down the docks, the smell of the fresh air filling my lungs along with the catch of the day, thought the sight of catch's that had tentacles left shivers down my spine of the monsters from the night before.
I was glad that I quit, the Captain always liked his little short cuts that brought us always closer and closer to death, I'd had enough salt in my blood to last me a life time, and had no regrets of leaving that ship. 'Maybe I'd be Captain of my own ship someday.' I said to my self, my tail slowly swaying back and forth. 'But perhaps a airship to change things up.'
But with a new town came new possibility and chances to work on something other then my Alchemy, I had always wanted to travel the lands instead of only a brief view of them from port to port, that's why I choose to be like this. Even though I was a bit of a runt I'd always been able to pull my own weight with the help of my spells and alchemy. They may just be enough to start out this new adventure life style that's taken the land by storm.
But first, like any sailor worth their salt I went to the local pub at the end of the dock's, a lively old place with a warm and charming feel to it. Lovely stain glass windows with well kept planter box's out front, and freshly stained oak doors. I strode into the pub with great confidence, for any pub was like a seconded home to me, around the room it seemed to hold many folk from around the lands, mostly dock workers at this hour, but you'd be amazed at what you can learn, from the simplest of folk. Also, I noticed in the room were seasoned adventurers relaxing from a hard days work.
But then I notice a sign with the prices of all their finest ales and wines was at the bar, after reading it quickly I knew what I'd get, so to the bar maid I spoke. "Hello, I'd love to get a round please." Before raising my voice and turning to the room. "A round of your finest ale for all, for whom I am sure have already been working hard before the sun rose this day." A cheer arose from all corners of the room, mugs lifted as well to the offer of more free booze. Coins were exchanged, followed by the dispensing of everyone's drinks, a fine beer with a hint of apple, not quite a hard cider but still just as strong.
Then I waited, waited to meet and greet the others who were around me, for some would raise their mugs in thanks, but others, others would know this was a persons way to meet new people. So there I sat, a lone Miqo'te Conjurer waiting to meet other adventures like my self.

Re: A new life (Open) - UnbeknownstGhost - 08-24-2010

( Oh noes I got sucked in (>'o')> ^.^ This will be my other character, The Amazing Bob, Occupation: Pirate.)

A wiry Hyur male plopped down on a stool next to the Miqo'te, his mug slamming down on the nearest surface spalshing out his drink. He looked at her with dark yellow eyes (his irises are yellow...), measuring her up in an instant. Then he spoke in a medium pitched voice, not feminine; but not overly low, "You call this ale? This is fruit juice. I was expectng ale when you said ale. Not free fruit juice, does it look like I have scurvy? Or perhaps this was just a way to get peoples attention? Grow some fame? Be liked among the common people? Are you planning a revolution? That would be bad for buissness you know. A lot of people wouldn't like you then, so probably not that. Any way could I exchange this free fruit juice here for some free ale?"

Re: A new life (Open) - Tsuki_Wulf - 08-24-2010

As the mug slammed down on the table her tail shot up in surprise, followed by pulling her hands back to her body to prevent the ale from splashing onto her hand. Lightly clearing her voice. "It was meant as a kind gesture to everyone here, I am guessing you prefer something a bit more bitter?" she said before motioning to the bar keep to replace the Hyur's drink.
As the Hyur's drink was replaced she presented her hand. "My name's Scyra Zeal, I'm a former sailor...thought I might try seeing more of the land, and were better to start then the pub to learn more about the local area?" She said with a light giggle showing she was a little nervous for having possibly offended the Hyur.

(She's a very strong willed person, but gets a little shy or taken back if she believes she insulted someone, when she did it by mistake that is.)

The Hyur laughed and grsped her hand, shaking enthusiatically with a firm but restrained grip, smiling at her with his trademark lopsided smile, "Please to meet you Scyra. I'm called the Amazing Bob around these parts, but don't let that fool yeh, real name is Bogardyn." Bob took a sip of his new ale, then grimaced, "Blehck. This place's ale gets worse an' worse the more I come here. Makes me wonder why I come here." He glanced over at Scyra, "I'll just say it's the pretty girls... So, sailing, why di' you give that up? The seas grow too uncouth for yeh?"

She pulled her hand back, rolling her eyes a little as she grabbed a chair and sat down properly at the bar. "I was sick of how the Captain ran his ship, always getting us into trouble with his little short cuts. Besides, there's more to see of the world then a port here and there across the land." She says, taking a sip from her mug, her ears perking up happily as she saviors the taste. "Oh and were are my manners, it's nice to meet you Bogardyn, and I don't know what your talking about, this place has some amazing apple ale." She says before taking another sip of her drink.

Bob raised an eyebrow, "Apple juice you mean." He tapped his mug for a moment, "So, sailor girl hmm? What exactly was your job aboard the ship? Hopefully not to satisfy the men?"

"Oh heavens no, I was the Bosun in charge of the deckhands, if anything they were scared of me, and rightfully so, don't think anyone likes having a fire spell sent there way. And I must say you must have a terrible pallet if you believe that ale to be apple juice." Scyra said before taking a good long drink from her mug, letting out a light gasp for air when she finished. "What about your self, what do you do for a living? Or perhaps the same case as myself, what did you do for a living?"

Bob chuckled, "It's apple juice mixed with harsh ale and a spice cider. As for my job? I happen to be a pirate. It's a very piratical job. I do a little of this and that when not a pirate. Honestly not much else to do around here. Hoping to buy myself an airship one day." He stared dreamily into the distance, "That would be the day, Owner of a ship, sailing the skies. What I would give for that."

Re: A new life (Open) - Tsuki_Wulf - 08-25-2010

"Everyone has their own opinions on how a drink is." Scyra says before finishing the very last of her ale. "I can understand wanting to fly high on a airship, I have a similar dream for some day in the future, to be no longer bound by earth or even water, to go where you wish and find new treasures and adventures....wait." She said leaning against the bar and propping her self up from her chair. "Last I remembered it was hazardous to ones health to openly state that they are a pirate."

Re: A new life (Open) - UnbeknownstGhost - 08-25-2010

Bob laughed, "Oh, I'm fine, people around here have learned that telling athorities is quite benificial to my health," He smiled slightly, "And equally less so to theirs." His smile dropped as he noticed that she had raised herself, "Please don't do something stupid, I have been enjoying our conversation, and I really dislike fighting."

Re: A new life (Open) - Con One - 08-25-2010

Being nocturnal had several benefits, chief amongst them being that all the bars were open when you woke up. Dandelion had her feet propped up on her table and her chair on two legs, nursing her hangover from the previous day's "adventure" with a couple shots of cheap whiskey (taste'll wake you up faster than coffee, it will). She eyed Scyra disinterestedly as she came in, but took a much greater interest when the other Miqo'te bought a round for the house. "Now there's someone to drink with."

Deciding to pick up her free round at the bar, she walked over beside where the smaller girl was speaking with a Hyur man who seemed overly pleased with himself. Once the bartender had prepared her glass, she picked it up and swiftly clanked it against Scyra's. "Don't mean to interrupt, but it'd be rude to drink your money away without giving you the proper thanks." With that, she proceeded to chug the drink slowly, finishing it with a smile and wiping her mouth on her sleeve. "So you and your boyfriend here getting hitched or something?"

Re: A new life (Open) - Tsuki_Wulf - 08-25-2010

Scyra blinked before siting back down. "Sorry, old habits die hard, gotta remember it's no concern to me anymore if I meet a pirate on land." Then Scyra noticed a fellow Miqo'te accepting her pint of ale that Scyra had bought. With mugs raised the two clanked them together, followed by a few words that made Scyra go pale. "No....I'm just new to town, I just met Bogardyn, and always thought what better way to meet people then to buy a round of ale?" Scyra said, a bit of a sickly look on her face as she scoots her chair a little bit away from Bogardyn, then ordering some spiced rum to wash away the question that had disturbed her.
Happily downing the shot in an instant as if it was her first drop of water in days after wandering the desert, Scyra offers her hand in greeting to the other Miqo'te. "My name's Scyra Zeal, you are?"

(Huzzah glad to see another person joining in.)

Bob raised an eyebrow as Scyra scooted away slightly, "Huh, usually girls blush not pale at that." He then raised his other eyebrow, "Unless of course you are into other women. Then paling might be a more appropriat reaction. Unless..." Bob reached into a pocket and pulled out a small dirty steel mirror, after rubbing it off on a clean part of the shirt of the drunk next to him, he looked into muttering loudly, "Hmm, lets see, nose: check. Perfect Jawline: Check. Dark grey eyes: Check. Small scar from a cutlass under left eye: Check. Dark sandy brown hair: Check." He put his mirror away and tapped his chin, "No it wasn't my looks that drove you away. Still annoyingly handsome." He shrugged, "You must like girls then. I can uderstand why, all those curves and sleek lines..." As he bagan to stare into the middle distance he noticed the other girl.

Bob then blinked at her, "Oh dear. A drunk has found us."

Re: A new life (Open) - Con One - 08-25-2010

Judging by the girl's ghastly expression, Dandelion imagined her guess had been way off the mark. As the Hyur preened himself, she listened to Scyra's introduction and gave her offered hand a firm shake and a broad smile. "Nice to know you, I'm Dandelion." She began to sip at her newly poured cider as she heard Bogardyn's comment. "I'll have you know I ain't a drunk, I'm an alcohol enthusiast." She finished by sticking out her tongue at the verbal offender.

With a playful smirk, she gestured with her thumb towards the Hyur. "Of course, there's the problem with using booze as an icebreaker. You end up with some riff-raff nobody else wanted to drink with." She took another sip of her cider, intending to make this one last a bit. Her tail began to swish side to side with contentment. Drinking was always more entertaining with new faces.

Bob chuckled, "Must be why you happen to be over here. That or you were wakened from your drunken stupor by free booze and though 'Mebbe I can get shuh'more'. Which I have to admit, is fairly intelligent for a drunk." He blinked, "I'm sorry, alcohol enthusiast."