Hydaelyn Role-Players
CALL TO ARMS!! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: CALL TO ARMS!! (/showthread.php?tid=4591)

Pages: 1 2

CALL TO ARMS!! - Prophetic999 - 09-17-2013

Not sure if this is the right place but to hell with it I'm issuing a RPer call to arms here people!

Many of you know that recently our posts have been silently disappearing from the chat box without any sign of notification and seemingly no reason. Well it just so happens that ti's ruined a good bunch of separate RPs for me now and I've had just about enough. A thread had been made on the forums regarding this supposed "bug" however SE seems to be ignoring it currently. Well they clearly haven't yet seen the power of their RPers! Ergo my call to arms!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/91494-Major!-Chat-is-silently-dropping-specific-strings-regardless-of-sender-or-channel!

The link above will take you to the thread that I myself already posted in. I'm asking everyone to post here as well. Repeat the issue over and over again until they answer us! Don't let them take away our posts anymore!

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Rinh Hallani - 09-17-2013

I've had this bug before. I can't remember when exactly it's happened to me or the precise words I used, but I've posted to the thread.

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Clover - 09-17-2013

This is making me wary of RPing in-game >_<
I only tried it once, and while the event itself was a lot of fun, I noticed that the chat was the most confusing thing ever. Now this...

I think I'll stick to the forum for the most part, unless there's any event.

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - allgivenover - 09-17-2013

It's been two days and it's not a game breaking issue as it seems to be difficult to reproduce. It's way too soon to say SE is ignoring it. The forum is a good place to report bugs, but it also helps to fill out a support ticket in game with details of the messages being dropped, such as what was typed and at what time, what area you were in, etc.

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Prophetic999 - 09-17-2013

Hard to reproduce...? It happens to me at least 4 times per RP I do. Not counting the other people i'm RPing with at the time. It's far from difficult to reproduce....

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Magellan - 09-17-2013

(09-17-2013, 02:21 PM)Clover Wrote: This is making me wary of RPing in-game >_<
I only tried it once, and while the event itself was a lot of fun, I noticed that the chat was the most confusing thing ever. Now this...

I think I'll stick to the forum for the most part, unless there's any event.

Events are not the best measuring stick for in game rp, because they often are chaotic, with everyone talking at once. I would encourage you to try out some smaller group rp. In game rp can be very rewarding; it just takes some getting used to, as it is very much a different style than forum RP.

On the original topic; I've been using copy + paste to get by until the issues are resolved...

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Clover - 09-17-2013

(09-17-2013, 02:42 PM)Magellan Wrote: Events are not the best measuring stick for in game rp, because they often are chaotic, with everyone talking at once. I would encourage you to try out some smaller group rp. In game rp can be very rewarding; it just takes some getting used to, as it is very much a different style than forum RP.
*Nods* I'm aware of that. I've always enjoyed in-game RP, but I've never encountered such a difficult chat system before ;_;
It's not very RP friendly from what I've seen.

I agree that events are really chaotic (especially with this chat system), but they're also the best way to meet other RPers, and to be a part of the RP as a whole. I'd be disappointed to miss them.

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Yini Kihn - 09-17-2013

Prophetic999 Wrote:Not sure if this is the right place but to hell with it I'm issuing a RPer call to arms here people!

Thank you for drawing more attention to this matter. I do already have a post on the RPC regarding this issue though. I guess two can't hurt: It really is that annoying!

(09-17-2013, 02:21 PM)allgivenover Wrote: It's been two days and it's not a game breaking issue as it seems to be difficult to reproduce.

It's actually very easy to reproduce: The same strings fail every time in my experience, regardless of who sends them. See my bug report for some examples.

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Swift Nightclaw - 09-17-2013

Looking at the post on the forums, it looks like it hasn't even been 24 hours.  Calm down...

If there are tickets being generated and it's being reported, you can be sure they're being made aware of it and have to determine what's happening to cause it.  Coding can be tricky and they may have to do some digging to understand why love vs heart is causing a change in the program/filter/whatever's causing it, as well as all the other examples of it happening.

The long post starting with "I love you, pumpkin" reportedly was dropped. Another confirmed "I'm back" was dropped. There's obviously a lot of variation here for them to pinpoint the root cause of it all.

(09-17-2013, 05:09 PM)Swift Nightclaw Wrote: Looking at the post on the forums, it looks like it hasn't even been 24 hours.  Calm down...

It's been two days since I first noticed it and almost two days since I first reported it, not less than 24 hours as you claim. Just saying!

In any case, people are just worried because this is an issue that primarily affects role-players it would seem. Given that we're not exactly the most numerous bunch, it makes sense for us all to go and report our experiences so that SE is aware of the severity of the issue. This is doubly true considering they may have a different filtering system on the JP servers entirely and, as such, most of the developers will not even be at risk of encountering this problem themselves when playing the game.

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Chloe Ardarose - 09-17-2013

Since the bug post has been moved to the accepted bugs forum, we can no longer post to the thread, but if everyone could like various posts in the thread it would help show SE that this is an important issue. Please contribute!

(09-17-2013, 06:10 PM)Chloe Ardarose Wrote: Since the bug post has been moved to the accepted bugs forum, we can no longer post to the thread, but if everyone could like various posts in the thread it would help show SE that this is an important issue. Please contribute!

Oh! I didn't notice that yet! They must have just moved it minutes ago! Thanks, Chloe! <3

Yay! I feel so much better now! Time for an ice cream fish!

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - erosskye - 09-17-2013

Has this "bug" effected anyone not on Balmung?

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - allgivenover - 09-17-2013

(09-17-2013, 02:34 PM)Prophetic999 Wrote: Hard to reproduce...? It happens to me at least 4 times per RP I do. Not counting the other people i'm RPing with at the time. It's far from difficult to reproduce....

It's only happened to me once so far. It's an intermittent issue that I suspect has to do with your immediate surroundings, but I can't say for sure.

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - LiadansWhisper - 09-17-2013

(09-17-2013, 07:13 PM)erosskye Wrote: Has this "bug" effected anyone not on Balmung?

Yes, there were several posters from other worlds.