Hydaelyn Role-Players
I think I'm as Noob as you can get. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I think I'm as Noob as you can get. (/showthread.php?tid=4599)

I think I'm as Noob as you can get. - HagNasty - 09-17-2013

Well, I wrote the template part out and it ended up being a lot longer than I though it would be. I haven't actually started any characters yet and would love to hear what other people think of my "style" Any thoughts on where I could fit in?

--MMORPG background

The old days
Oh, I have played quite a few MMO's. Mostly until level cap then I get bored and quit. I guess the one I started with was actually Final Fantasy XI. Though some could say that Diablo I and Diablo II could have been instanced MMOs. I think I spent more time in the chat rooms anyway. After that I went to WoW and quit when my guild mysteriously vanished all at once. I tried playing Guildwars for a night and gave up (it just didn't do it for me) and I took some time off from MMORPGs for school.
The... middle... days?
In school my next game was Eve Online. That lasted a whole 3 months before the learning curve hit me so hard I couldn't move. I also tried Pirates of the Caribbean Online which was a great time grappling onto other boats and sinking to the bottom of the sea. After that lost my attention I went on to play Age of Conan (before it was F2P) and had a great time. The end game content realyl wasn't there and the people I played with (the ones from WoW too) where more about the PvP than anything else so we basically just gridded to max level and stopped playing. This was my first taste of a healer class and I liked it.

Modern days
Now I have played a bunch of MMOs in quick succession these include Champions Online, Global Agenda (briefly), APB, Vindictus, RIFT, SWTOR (My bounty hunter is bad ass), and marvel heroes

The Now
As you can tell I get distracted by shiny new games. As such, I've taken to the habit of playing multiple games at once over longer periods of time. I'm currently reinvested in Eve Online (almost a year going strong) and Boarderlands 2.

--RP experience
To be honest, very little. I have always wanted to do the whole RP thing but every time I tried, people said I was doing it wrong. Over and Over again I got this response so I gave up. This year, I told my friend about it and he asked what I was doing. I explained it to him and he said it wasn't wrong at all. We also went to Fan Expo Canada (Yep, I'm from Canada) and I tried 2 variations of D&D for the first time and it was great fun. I was a bar wench for one and an evil priest who was completely inept for another. I had a spectacular time playing both roles.

That's about it though. The whole online environment of RP is a strange new world to me.

--Character ideas/info
I have two ideas for characters at the moment. Not so much their background but more the role that they would play.

One is a simple farmer who had his house burnt to the ground while he was in town buying supplies. He lived alone so no one was killed in the fire but he lost everything. He could not even grow new crops for a living because it was a bad season.

He sold his land and left for the big city with nothing but what he could carry. Just looking for the next job that will put food on the table. It doesn't help that usually, he has no idea what he's doing...

My second character thought is something a bit more community oriented.
A once wealth trader, turned bankrupt. Now, striving to regain the fame and fortune he once had. He joins up with other adventures to slay fearsome beasts for their potential profits. Profits he does not want to share. He always negotiates the fee for his companions prior to the adventure. Sometimes he strikes it big, sometimes it's a complete bust.

Don't be surprised if you see him in a local tavern looking for fellow adventurers to take on dangerous jobs with, or even for, him.
--How did you learn about the coalition?
I wanted to try RP again so I googled FFXIV RP server and this came up Smile

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Well, I have been reading here for a little bit now and I would have to say light to medium. I'm not that big on lore. Someone can tell it to me and I'll incorporate it into the character if I can but I don't plan out my characters or scripts. It's always off the cuff. I also like to keep things light and fun while incorporating elements of the game. For example, putting up my own quests to get X items. or find something I hid.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
As mentioned, I'm Canadian so there is that. That puts me in GMT-5 Timezone for those wondering. I would play mostly at night in th 9:00 - 12:00 time span. but not necessarily in a consistent manner. I play other games too.

RE: I think I'm as Noob as you can get. - Coral Ferrinas - 09-18-2013

It's a great start, actually. I like you second character ^^

RE: I think I'm as Noob as you can get. - elisan - 09-18-2013

Welcome to the community!!