Hydaelyn Role-Players
Upon this Broken Mind (attn: Driftwood Coast members) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Upon this Broken Mind (attn: Driftwood Coast members) (/showthread.php?tid=4613)

Upon this Broken Mind (attn: Driftwood Coast members) - Kyral Rilann - 09-18-2013

[Image: Q2jH4jE.png]

In Coerthas, about three years after the calamity, began a series of unfortunate events. These events much worse than the other, but in order to understand the full story, we begin here. This snow filled mountainous wasteland, where the Dragons and Ixali attacked those strong enough to survive the harsh weather. Where death and corruption was more present than the kind adventurer. This harsh environment meant to build character, could also break one's mind.

A fledgling Duskwight, no taller than six foot was sent by the knights to deliver a package, of which the contents were unknown. This woman, known as Kyral, was to be a knight of one of the few prestigious noble houses. Following after her parents who had also became house knights. She was on her way, but things have a way of changing you. Things always have a way to bite you in the ass.

“HALT!” a roar came out from the snow fogged land. Kyral looking about as she, fair skinned, red haired with her snowblind snow white eyes scanned the area, “Kyral! I said halt!” she would respond immediately, “I can’t see where you are! I have to de-” before she could finish, she was surrounded.

“What is the meaning of this, sir?” she would ask before realizing who was in front of her, grabbing her arcanist book as she, without a moment to hesitate fired a spell from her book. Sending the man reeling onto the ground. “You BITCH” he growled, the man a cult leader, after her family, and now her, surrounded by Ixali.

“This one’s power is good.. fresh yeah?” the ixali chatted amongst themselves “May be able summon Garuda, yeah?” they nodded, the Ixali turning their attention to the cult leader, as a roar came from behind, her bird Haelphon, and her Topaz Carbuncle Sphynx bashing a path through, hearing Kyral’s spell from the distance as kyral looked to the enemies around her, she was outmatched, her chocobo growling in anger as Kyral looked to her companions in shock.

There was no time to react however, a sharp shot coming out from the trees as they managed to hit Sphynx in the head, sending him into a state which forced his form back to the aether, Kyral snarling as the Ixali walked closer to her, her Chocobo lowering its head as it began trying to clear a path.

The Ixali, like ants drawn to candy, jumped on the bird. Ripping flesh and feathers in a violent gore as Kyral shrieked, eyes welling up as she continued to fire spell after spell at the Ixali. She would not harm them, only piss them off further, Kyral getting a good stare at the husk that was once her Chocobo, without any way out, without a chance to fight off the savages, Kyral resigned, putting her hands up and dropping her book on the ground.

Kyral would wake, to a scene that most would call abhorrent, scenes of Ixali ripping people apart upon their camp. Arms and legs. Always the arms and legs, put into respective piles and the stumps of men women and children alike were put aside for one of the ixali to /heal/, if you could call just bandaging a wound healing.

The Ixali turned their gaze towards Kyral. Kyral closing her eyes as the Ixali near her snarled “No play games, you wake up now!” he jabbed her side with a spear, not hard enough to break flesh but hard enough to jolt her eyes back awake. eyes widening as she looked to the group. “W-What do you want? I-I don’t know why you want me!” she would cry out, a larger Ixali would raise his hand, as if ordering the men to put their weapons away.

To which they responded, putting their weapons onto their sides or upon their backs. The larger Ixali coming close to her as he spoke “You not share fate of sacrifices. You important to cause. Resist, and we make you do what we want. Comply, and maybe Garuda will spare you.”

Kyral looked around, “What is needed?” she would say it meekly, eyes darting across the expanse of broken bloody bodies and the deceased rotting corpses that scattered the camp. Before drawing her attention upon the bigger Ixali once more.

“Want you summon Garuda with us. We need power. We are not strong to do it alone.” he says, looking at Kyral as her eyes widened, “Why don’t you temper me? I would do it if you tempered me.. but to summon a primal.. I’m sure it's forbidden for a human to help a beast tribe.” the Ixali, not yet angered, looked at her with a teeth baring smile. “We tried. It seems your magic protects you. We ask nicely to see if you help.. so i ask again.” He raises his hand to the sky, Kyral looking at the hand before she says, “I can not help, you may try and break me, but it wi-”

Suddenly, a fist came flying, right across her right cheek, sending her face to jerk left as she wailed in pain, two Ixali picking up her punch drunk body by the arms as the tallest ixali ordered “To the chambers! We make her summon Garuda!”

Days go by, their torture techniques being that they would perform light torture while she was awake, drug her enough so that when she slept, she would not awake to the more severe torture. Soon, she would not want to sleep, causing her mind to slowly break, the torture would last for a few weeks before the day finally came.

“So. We come make you final offer. Summon Garuda, or we kill you.” Kyral’s eyes, dulled, looked to the familiar Ixali as she looked back down, nodding. “Fine. I will summon her, only if you feed me, I can’t concentrate, so food might help.” The Ixali seemed overjoyed, and went to get her what she requested, Kyral simply eating the meal, no ravenous intentions as she began planning something as best as her broken mind could. An escape. If it be before or after the summoning of Garuda, then Kyral would do her best, and for that she needed her energy.

For now she feasted like a Sultana, chowing down on the best foods the Ixali could scrounge up. She was not tempered, but broken. Looking around to the celebrating beast tribe as she looked back down at her food. This might be her last meal.

The day had finally come, the piles of arms and legs, as well as the pile of dead corpses covered a mountain of crystals, around it shared children, women and men. Toddlers in their mother’s hands as Kyral looked at them with the dullest of eyes, she would not forget them, but she had no choice but to do as they said.

“We begin upon your words.” Kyral nodded, eyes brightening up as she began to collect the aether in her hands. almost like balls of white light as she walked closer, slowly towards the gore pile. Kyral releasing the aether back into the area as it became thick. Everyone from the tribe chanting in Garuda’s name as Kyral walked to the back of the group.

A loud bang caused her to jump, a twister had made touchdown, around the bodies and around the crystals, the alive sacrifices, Kyral staring intently as the ixali seemed to be in a trance. Bolting for a way out, using the energy she had gotten from the food she was given. Escaping the camp as she could hear the sinister laughter.

“I’m FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” she would scream, Garuda laughing madly as Kyral continued to run, before tripping upon the boot of a knight. The knight almost catching her into his arms, looking at her before realising who it was, calling for help.

If only help came earlier, than the atrocities committed by her hand would be far less, knights rushing to her aid as the screams of Garuda could be heard. Kyral blacking out in exhaustion. She was safe, at least, for now. Until the Ixali wanted to bring her back. The knights would receive this information from her lips as they decided. Along with the heads of the noble houses to send her away from Coerthas, in order to give her a fresh start.

Kyral, after a long week of sleeping was greeted by the heads of each noble house, wishing her luck as she nodded, taking her possessions as she sighed, knowing quite well she was lucky to escape and survive. Her mind had slowly begun to repair itself. And for that she was thankful to get away from the lands of misfortune.

Until another time. That is.