Hydaelyn Role-Players
Secondary RP Server? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Secondary RP Server? (/showthread.php?tid=4616)

Secondary RP Server? - Jezune Garinthe - 09-18-2013

Seeing as neither Gilgamesh nor Balmung are currently open for character creation, I was wondering whether there were other smaller or not-so-small groups on other servers?

RE: Secondary RP Server? - SessionZero - 09-18-2013

Just wait till later tonight. I had to wait till around 11:30 pm or so to make a character on Balmung.

RE: Secondary RP Server? - raindrops - 09-18-2013

Try not to make your character during US peak hours, if you can avoid it. Character creation is usually closed at those times, no matter what the server.

If you're impatient, there IS an RP community on Faerie, though I've not participated in it too much. Some other servers might have their own small groups as well if you look around. But I think that Balmung and Gilgamesh should open up later on.

(09-18-2013, 08:37 PM)raindrops Wrote: Try not to make your character during US peak hours, if you can avoid it. Character creation is usually closed at those times, no matter what the server.

If you're impatient, there IS an RP community on Faerie, though I've not participated in it too much. Some other servers might have their own small groups as well if you look around. But I think that Balmung and Gilgamesh should open up later on.

I guess Cactuar has one too? I think I saw that thread somewhere around here. But Gilgamesh and Balmung are definitely the most populated and easiest to find RP in.

RE: Secondary RP Server? - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-18-2013

While I also suggest being patient and waiting for one of the two unofficial RP servers to open (*cough cough* Balmung *cough*) there are some linkshells on other servers.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15&filtertf_srvr=Other

I know at least the Three Tails is on Faerie. Otherwise, I only skimmed.

As the others have said, try holding out until very early or very late. The first time I made my Roegadyn, I got right in on Balmung.

RE: Secondary RP Server? - Michikyou - 09-18-2013

(09-18-2013, 08:30 PM)SessionZero Wrote: Just wait till later tonight. I had to wait till around 11:30 pm or so to make a character on Balmung.
Servers are also always open for char creation at 6am EST.

RE: Secondary RP Server? - Jezune Garinthe - 09-18-2013

Alright, I guess I can wait.
Is there a big difference between Gilgamesh and Balmung?

(09-18-2013, 09:52 PM)Jezune Garinthe Wrote: Alright, I guess I can wait.

I haven't played much on Gilgamesh but Balmung is the legacy server so there's going to be a lot of 1.0 veterans on there, and it also means the RP community is more established BUT Gilgamesh is a great opportunity to forge new RP relationships and communities so really it's a 50/50 toss up.

RE: Secondary RP Server? - Keldion - 09-18-2013

(09-18-2013, 10:22 PM)SessionZero Wrote:
(09-18-2013, 09:52 PM)Jezune Garinthe Wrote: Alright, I guess I can wait.

I haven't played much on Gilgamesh but Balmung is the legacy server so there's going to be a lot of 1.0 veterans on there, and it also means the RP community is more established BUT Gilgamesh is a great opportunity to forge new RP relationships and communities so really it's a 50/50 toss up.

The RP community on Gilgamesh I would say is more established than that of one on a world of warcraft Original server. Thats not saying Jezune is wrong. But from a Gilgamesh players point of view there is absolutely no downfall of joining Gilgamesh.

and if your worried about players. Gilgamesh has a community of over 200 roleplayers I belive. (1 linkshell maxxed out and i believe another is close)

RE: Secondary RP Server? - Matthias - 09-18-2013

Gilgamesh has a total of four Linkshells at this point full of RPers that I know of. All at the 128 limit and maybe even some I don't know about. The RPC has 2 alone that I know of plus the LFRP channel and another one I'd heard about from Reddit players.

It's a very well established server with a very welcoming community. Taking the time during non-peak hours has proven well worth it for a lot of people I've met to come in and meld with the cooking pot here. I of course support open RP game wide. But I'm loving my new RP home as well.