Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Little Lost Flower and the Beautiful Star (OOC welcomed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Little Lost Flower and the Beautiful Star (OOC welcomed) (/showthread.php?tid=4623)

The Little Lost Flower and the Beautiful Star (OOC welcomed) - Dubs - 09-19-2013

Limsa Lominsa (Present Day)

With the waning sun dipping behind the Seventh Sage, obscured rays flicker through the shop's windowed door, the hustle and bustle of customers began dying dow when the little bundle of energy jumped off her chair behind the sales counter. She reached for a brush from underneath and commenced stroking her hair, wincing from a knot. She smiled when a tall, adolescent sea wolf lass walked into the sales floor from behind the back curtain. Shrugging at the lallafel she approached offering her hand.

"Here give me that" , she said sternly. "Nanomi let one of her hairs drop into a customer's package yesterday."

Handing the brush to the roegadyn, the dunesfolk winced in embarrassment sitting back up in her high chair to let her fellow shop mate run through her hair.

"When's the boss coming back Skaenstyra?" she peeped.

"Maybe tonight, he's in Eastern Thanalan rounding up more aldgoat", the sea wolf replied.

A small commotion occurred from behind the curtain as a trio of children came out and cheered in unison, "All done!"

Heading up to the front they crowd around the sales counter awaiting their payment. Nanomi halts her grooming and reaches under the desk for three small gil pouches noticing a peculiar leather bound journal bringing it up and setting it onto the counter tossing the pouches to the children, "See ya tomorrow."

"Hey Skaeny look what I found."

Skaenstyra rolls her eyes and sighs, "You know he can't stand your snooping, best to put it back."

"Just a peek" , she returns tongue sticking out. "Ooooh a diary, JACKPOT!" she beams.

Her interest moderately piqued, Skaenstyra closes and locks the shop front door flipping the sign to closed and leans over toward Nanomi currently flipping through the pages.

"Most of em are blank," she curiously tilts the book up into the air and continues turning the pages until she finds an entry and begins to read it.

"Hey it's about us." she squeals in delight.

"Give me that," the roegadayn grabs the book looking over her shoulder. "This is obviously private, what if he found your diary", she scolds the younger teenager.

Nanomi begins to shuffle her feet sulking when she enacts her usual routine of welling up her eyes and pouting knowing full well that all who encounter this tactic succumb in a matter of seconds.

Attempting to turn away, Skaenstyra catches the twinkling of large dark purple saucers with a quivering lower lip followed by a meek sniffle, "Fine!" Placing the book down, Nanomi gleefully returns to the entry and continues to read.

21st Sun of the Third Astral Moon, 1574

"Good day! Found a herd of aurochs grazin and caught me the bull. Now usually I let em chase me down a bit and tire em out but this one was a bit meaner than usual, somethin must a been ere earlier stirrin em up, that's when I saw the smoke plume. After cleavin the bastard I looked over the drop and saw the raid, no patrols in sight. The farms were bein sacked and scores of folk were retreatin toward the lift, that's when I first saw her."

Halting the lallafel in mid syllable, Skaenstyra comes to from the traumatic memory, grabbing the book, wiping a tear from her face and continues to read herself. Nanomi consoles her by placing her head on the sea wolf's shoulder listening to her emotional narration.

"She was in a fury like I never seen a roe lass and the yellow jacket at the gate was just lookin at her as if he couldn't be inconvenienced."

[Image: Skaen_zps38669083.png]

"She wanted revenge. When she crumbled to the ground in tears, me heart just sank and lamented the past life I lived and the atonement that Llymlaen was now hoisting upon me shoulders. I kneelt down to her and gently lifted her chin, simply giving her a nod pointing to a spot where she could watch. I was able to finally rally some of them limpdicked curs on the watch to follow me into the farmsteads and we tore into em like a relentless typhoon. I didn't know the colors the sods wore to tell which crew they ran with, it didn't matter though, after it was all over I waved the lass down and we buried her parents together. I asked her name and though it was but a whisper leaving her lips I knew a Beautiful Star had landed into me lap and I wasn't about to let it dim ever again."

Holding back the tears, Skaenstyra looked away from Nanomi wiping her eyes always trying to remain her stoic self. Motioning the concerned, teary eyed Nanomi away, Skaenstyra smiled regaining her composure. "You can continue."

Nodding and taking the book, the lallafel turns the pages and continues on.

6th Sun, 5th Umbral Moon, 1576

"Another beautiful day in Middle La Noscea cept the damn goobbue shite coulda been cleared from the road at least. Just thought it was gonna be another usual delivery to Summerford when the angry folk were hustled around all rantin and ravin like their crops ad been ruined by some unruly mandragoras. They looked at me like I be some lawman somehow gonna be fixin all their damn problems when one o em came and poked me in the chest, yes poked me in the chest. The nerve. Lucky I was in a chipper mood or he woulda found is finger up is backside pointin to is common sense. He backed off once I gave em me ol patented Death Stare and took Grymgohta outta her holster. I asked them what the fuss was about and they all complained that their storehouses ad been raided and they caught the culprit not knowin what ta do with it."

Nanomi's voice quivers a bit biting her lower lip for a moment flipping the page.

"The ruffian that poked me chest led me to a storage shed where they say they locked her up. I said who and they said the rampaging monstrosity that ate all their stores. What could be so damn troublesome I asked me self? So I went to the shed and checked it out and there she was, cowerin in the dark, lookin scraggily. I took her out and all of them idgits began chastising her and cursin so I swung me axe and they all scattered like dung flies and that was the end of that. So I kneelt down and talked to the little ballin bundle."

[Image: nanomicry_zps4c13d074.png]

"I asked her why she was stealin food and she told me that her family was lost in a shipwreck along the coast a tenday past and she had nowhere else to go. I offered her some ol style maple jerky recipe an she damn near tore me fingers off scarfin it down. She started ballin again and then looked up at me with them teary peepers all shakin and hungry, me knees almost buckled again. I looked up to the sky and felt the wind at me cheek and knew that Llymlaen ad given me another charge just like before. This lost little flower will never go hungry again, not on my watch. I hoisted her up and we walked outta there with smiles on our faces. She buried her nose into me chest and fell asleep all the way home."

"I'd never thought I'd be a family man, but when flowers bloom and stars fall into yer life, the world is just a little less empty. I wouldn't ave it any other way."

"I remember that day," Skaenstyra smiled, picking a tearful Nanomi off the floor hugging her. "You're eyes went so wide when you first came through that door, like your stomach suddenly found paradise."

Nanomi's sniffles subsided when a large shadow came across the way, startling the sea wolf alike, the two scrambled to put the journal back in it's proper place.

"Yer early," Skaenstyra scolded the brute trying to hide a sniffle.

"I can be late or early don matter, it's me own damn shop!" he chortled looking at the two as if some mischief was about looking at their faces not knowing the emotional downpour that happened moments previous. "There be somethin I should be knowin?" Swyrbhrat asks, setting Grymgohta against the wall.

Turning back to face them, the giant finds himself on the floor tackled by both teary lallafel and now resolved sea wolf lass.

"What in the twelve is goin on round ere?"
he chuckles.

"Welcome Home" they replied in unison, their arms and heads nestled into his burly chest.

[Image: meatshop3_zpsdbc98d94.png]