Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings to all (Sargatanas and beyond) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings to all (Sargatanas and beyond) (/showthread.php?tid=4636)

Greetings to all (Sargatanas and beyond) - angelstar107 - 09-19-2013

It is a pleasure to meet you all.

My name is Katsume Shizuma, but everyone just calls me Katsu or Kat (Sometimes, they call me "Hey you!"). I'd like to start by thanking Athil Thorne, Gailrin Eklund, and Kaitlyn Surstar of Balmung server for showing me the website and encouraging me to join. 

I've been RPing for many years and with FFXI, my passion for making characters have a deep, meaningful story only grew exponentially. I used to do mostly forum RPs, though that migrated into chat-based RPs several years ago. These days, I spent my time doing all sorts of creative things, from designing new (non-canon) classes for various MMOs and Tabletop RPGs to finishing the story of characters I've had come and go throughout the years.

I'm an avid gamer gal, mostly RPGs. Outside of gaming, my hobbies include computers, robotics, poetry, music, art, and creative writing. I used to do a lot of singing, but not so much these days. Far too busy with other things. I am not a perfectionist by any means, but I am someone who takes every character and role very seriously. As the trio from Balmung can attest, I have to give my absolute best as a Scholar, lest I feel as if I failed my party. What they won't tell you (because they don't know) is that I never forgive my own mistakes and always work to be better. Usually, this results in me finishing a dungeon as a corpse on the floor, but usually the only corpse on the floor, much to my delight.

IRL stuff aside, you're probably not reading this to hear me talk about myself, so let's talk about Katsume (The character).

Katsume Shizuma is the resurrected version of my character from Asura server back in Final Fantasy XI, Katsume Sobakasu. There is a massive bit of info needed to explain this, but that's all for another day.

She's an amnesiac Mi'qote who is highly gifted in the ways of aetherical manipulation. Unable to quell the yearning to "return home", she has wandered the world over in search of what that even means. Shy and almost timid by nature, though when pressed, she almost becomes a different person: Highly focused, tactical, and forthright. Because of her natural affinity for bending the aether to her whim, she followed the path of an Arcanist, hoping that by channeling the aether as she can, she might gain understanding of her own self. She channels the soul of the Summoner and Scholar effortlessly, commanding her Egi's and Fairies by emotional link alone, much to her own surprise. Much as Cid 'just knows' about machines, Katsume seems to 'just knows' about magic. Due to this, Katsume is slow to trust, but quick to bond with allies. Anyone who makes her feel less insecure is often someone she'll go to any means to protect.

Katsume does not have the Echo (as per the main story). Wherein someone with the Echo sees events as they happened, Katsume has visions of her old self. Though these visions confuse her as to how they apply to the real world, she almost seems to know the reality of a situation based on how these flashbacks make her feel emotionally. 

That's all for now. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) RPing with many of you soon. Until then, be well, be safe, and have fun!