Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Call For Aid: OOC Discussion (open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A Call For Aid: OOC Discussion (open) (/showthread.php?tid=465)

A Call For Aid: OOC Discussion (open) - Vareal - 08-25-2010

Ok, for those of you who have been interested in my idea for an RP thread that has some sort of end in sight, it is officially in the planning stages and a story and setting have been set. Some of the area's are still under development, so I would like to get some feed back from you guys on various aspects of the thread from constructing the other three rooms, and on how to moderate it. This way we can all have a part in creating this and get that much more into it with our characters.

For those of you who are just joining us in this, here is the link to the original thread discussing this idea: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=860">viewtopic.php?f=24&t=860</a><!-- l -->

Now, onto the goodies. Here is the premise for the thread (note this is still under construction as well)

The Princess of the Wastelands, Anne, has been kidnapped by the evil summoner Elidibs. He has brought her to his layer, the great winding caverns of Nogias that stretch ever downward into the Earth, and there keeps her captive to do his will on her.
A ramshackle group of travelers (us guys) have been hired to search Nogias for the missing princess and defeat the summoner Elidibs and whatever treachery he's been planning. The travelers are aided along the way by the spirit of Elidibs failed master Krynthel, whom he killed to gain power. Krynthel warns the travelers that in order to defeat Elidibs, they will first have to defeat the mighty, and ancient, Gomerith. A Sub-Dragon that spent his youth swimming in the great oceans of lava during the world's creation many, many eon's ago.

Nogias is comprised of four different levels, each wrought with it's own type of dangers. The only one I've come up with is the third level, the Chamber of Mirrors. (not really sure yet what this full dangers are in this level, but you can't use magic here because it will reflect back and ricochet throughout the tunnels/chamber)

Now, as fun as this will be, it can get clustered very quickly if too many people join in. So I'm going to limit it to, at the most, 10 people and, at the least, 5 people. I'm reopening the roster, so any reserved spots that were taken in the original thread are now open. I will not include myself as part of the initial 5-10, but Nedral will most likely take part in this.

Any idea's for the different levels, the enemies, sub bosses (should we decide to have one) or any ideas on how to moderate it, please share and lets build this thing together and have some fun doing it!

Once it is deemed that the scenario is complete, or at least the first two levels, I will begin the RP thread for it and we can start.

Thanks, I look forward to working with everyone on this that takes an interest!

Re: A Call For Aid: OOC Discussion (open) - Gavriel - 08-25-2010

Well I'm in of course!

I'm a bit sleepy at the moment, but I'll try to give my advice.
What if every level had it's own challenging puzzle? (Chamber of Secrets?) I can imagine a scenario in which each character's specialty must be used in order to complete the puzzle. The mirrors room is a good start, seeing as how the mages would not be able to participate... I'll leave it up to the rest of you to come up with ideas for tricky puzzles Wink

Re: A Call For Aid: OOC Discussion (open) - Con One - 08-28-2010

I've always been fond of doppleganger fights. Perhaps a floor full of bones and other assorted necromantic type stuff where the party would have to fight skeletal versions of themselves. Which brings up a question. How will you be handling the fights? Rolling?

Re: A Call For Aid: OOC Discussion (open) - Vareal - 08-28-2010

Con One Wrote:Which brings up a question. How will you be handling the fights? Rolling?

That's one of the things I'm trying to work out. If I have to run it similar to a D&D game, I'll have to find a website, or a program, that simulates rolling.

Re: A Call For Aid: OOC Discussion (open) - Gavriel - 08-30-2010

I want this to happen!

Re: A Call For Aid: OOC Discussion (open) - Vareal - 08-30-2010

Gavriel Wrote:I want this to happen!

You and me both, but I'm reluctant to start a new thread anywhere to gain peoples attention. I'm not sure people realize that this subforum exists. That and there's much excitement going on with the open beta happening. Even though it doesn't open for another 23 hours 30 minutes.