Hydaelyn Role-Players
General Lore Questions - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Lore Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: General Lore Questions (/showthread.php?tid=4766)

RE: General Lore Questions - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 04:24 PM)Crystal Chronicler Wrote: This may have been asked before, but I'm struggling to find a solid answer. Does anyone know if the Derplander (that dude in all the CG trailers) is SE's canon WoL? I've seen some people claim that he is the Default WoL and that his name is actually Meteor. Any credence to this?

Derplander is the WoL stand-in meant to be our character in all the cool CG scenes. It's important to note that he is NOT the Warrior of Darkness and Derplander's friends are NOT the Warrior of Darkness's friends.

(So the CG Lalafell is not Lamimi).

I'm not sure about the actual name, if he even technically has one. I just always saw him as placeholder in nice CG.

RE: General Lore Questions - Desu Nee - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 05:03 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 04:24 PM)Crystal Chronicler Wrote: This may have been asked before, but I'm struggling to find a solid answer. Does anyone know if the Derplander (that dude in all the CG trailers) is SE's canon WoL? I've seen some people claim that he is the Default WoL and that his name is actually Meteor. Any credence to this?

Derplander is the WoL stand-in meant to be our character in all the cool CG scenes. It's important to note that he is NOT the Warrior of Darkness and Derplander's friends are NOT the Warrior of Darkness's friends.

(So the CG Lalafell is not Lamimi).

I'm not sure about the actual name, if he even technically has one. I just always saw him as placeholder in nice CG.
I will always feel dissapointed it isn't. I mean, I get it's a stand-in for ours, but making it seem like it's own character would feel like a parallel story. Heck, on that reveal, making he appearing on the HW made it make sense.

I dunno. Wasted opportunity, more parallel universe BS, we're going to Ivalice and slaughter everyone like Mache did.

RE: General Lore Questions - Jeanne IX - 06-16-2017

This is something from the first RDM quest.

Show Content

RE: General Lore Questions - Crystal Chronicler - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 11:12 AM)Jeanne IX Wrote:
Show Content

Might want to put in a spoiler tag. Also, this is the first I've heard of them.

RE: General Lore Questions - Jeanne IX - 06-16-2017

Oop, yeah, spoilered it. Blush

RE: General Lore Questions - Jeanne IX - 06-22-2017

I'm slowly catching up to everyone, working my way through Heavensward (and loving it!), but after meeting Tiamat a thought occurred to me. Is there anything about how, if at all, the Dravanians reacted to Bahamut's return in the Calamity?

RE: General Lore Questions - V'aleera - 06-24-2017

(06-22-2017, 11:47 PM)Jeanne IX Wrote: I'm slowly catching up to everyone, working my way through Heavensward (and loving it!), but after meeting Tiamat a thought occurred to me. Is there anything about how, if at all, the Dravanians reacted to Bahamut's return in the Calamity?

Bahamut's return spurred the Dravanian Horde to launch an immediate, massive attack against Ishgard. This happened at around the same time Coerthas got hit with the massive change in climate (IIRC) and is a large part of why they lost three out of four Vigils and a large number of towns and settlements.

RE: General Lore Questions - SleepyChipmunk - 06-28-2017

The answer to this might be spoiler since it's asking about one of the new zones, but is there any new information on the desert Xaela tribes? The Kagon, the Bairon, etc? I'm not anywhere near Stormblood content yet, but it'd be helpful for my Kagon lady. I know the Azim Steppe is a zone, but not if we see any of the desert at all.

RE: General Lore Questions - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 11:25 PM)SleepyChipmunk Wrote: The answer to this might be spoiler since it's asking about one of the new zones, but is there any new information on the desert Xaela tribes? The Kagon, the Bairon, etc? I'm not anywhere near Stormblood content yet, but it'd be helpful for my Kagon lady. I know the Azim Steppe is a zone, but not if we see any of the desert at all.

I'm not quite through myself, but you might find what you're looking for (and possibly Azim Steppe spoilers/ SB spoilers) on these:
xaela lore: uyagir (spoilers)
xaela lore: dotharl (spoilers)
xaela lore: oronir, buduga, and some other bits (spoilers)

You'll need to poke the "keep reading" part un tumblr to expand them as an additional spoiler protection.

RE: General Lore Questions - SleepyChipmunk - 06-29-2017

(06-28-2017, 11:33 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 11:25 PM)SleepyChipmunk Wrote: The answer to this might be spoiler since it's asking about one of the new zones, but is there any new information on the desert Xaela tribes? The Kagon, the Bairon, etc? I'm not anywhere near Stormblood content yet, but it'd be helpful for my Kagon lady. I know the Azim Steppe is a zone, but not if we see any of the desert at all.

I'm not quite through myself, but you might find what you're looking for (and possibly Azim Steppe spoilers/ SB spoilers) on these:
xaela lore: uyagir (spoilers)
xaela lore: dotharl (spoilers)
xaela lore: oronir, buduga, and some other bits (spoilers)

You'll need to poke the "keep reading" part un tumblr to expand them as an additional spoiler protection.

That's some pretty good information, yeah. Thank you!!! ^_^

RE: General Lore Questions - Crystal Chronicler - 06-29-2017

Anyone know where I can find some ninja lore (for the game, not RL)? I'm particularly interested in the summoning of frogs in the context of the game.

RE: General Lore Questions - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-29-2017

(06-29-2017, 04:33 PM)Crystal Chronicler Wrote: Anyone know where I can find some ninja lore (for the game, not RL)? I'm particularly interested in the summoning of frogs in the context of the game.

Ninja lore

RE: General Lore Questions - Crystal Chronicler - 06-29-2017

(06-29-2017, 04:36 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 04:33 PM)Crystal Chronicler Wrote: Anyone know where I can find some ninja lore (for the game, not RL)? I'm particularly interested in the summoning of frogs in the context of the game.

Ninja lore

Thanks! That's a great help!

RE: General Lore Questions - Yian Kutku - 07-10-2017

Not played Stormblood yet, but I don't mind spoilers.

Do Regula van Hydrus or Zenos yae Galvus get any sobriquets? As in how Gaius van Baelsar is "the Black Wolf", and Nael van Darnus is "the White Raven".

I'm mostly curious if all Imperial Legates get similar titles, or if Gaius and Nael were particularly special. I assume getting to the position of Legatus in the first place requires being an accomplished badass, or at least ruthless enough to assassinate your way to the top. Which is still badass, because either you have to not get caught, or you have to gain a reputation for being so dangerous that nobody, even the Emperor or fellow Legates, wants to question your rise.

I suppose Zenos is also known as "the Crown Prince", but that's more his position and status, rather than a nickname given due to reputation.

RE: General Lore Questions - Valence - 07-10-2017

He's just referred as Viceroy as far as I know in SB, which is also his title...