Hydaelyn Role-Players
Potential RP Hotspots - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Potential RP Hotspots (/showthread.php?tid=478)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Potential RP Hotspots - Iroh - 08-27-2010

So, in every MMO there's always a few places where RPers "unofficially" congregate when looking for random interaction. Usually it's a club, or bar, or tavern, or 'meeting' area that's close to where newer players can easily get but still sort of "off the beaten path" from the masses, to avoid too much spam all the time and potential ease of griefing by non-RPers.

It's too soon to pick these spots for Ul'Dah or Gridania, but as I ran about Limsa Lominsa I thought one of the potential 'hotspots' could be the Marauder's guild. Not only is that ship full of different areas one can hang out with others, there's even a 'bar' in there with an entertainer on the stage and NPCs sitting around. I thought this might be a good place for RPers to congregate in Limsa if they want to just have their character IC "kick back" and look for others for some fun random RP interaction.

Events can be held here too, like parties, balls, whatever... but I feel it's possibly perfect to act as a sort of 'known hotspot' for any time when a bunch of RPers just want to find RP.

We can talk about other areas in the other cities here when we know more about them, and also talk about picking some place BESIDES the area I mentioned for Limsa if you all want. Just thought I'd start up the discussion about it for now. What do others think?

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Asyria - 08-27-2010

Between Limsa and Bearded Rock, there's a cave leading to a beach from where you have a pretty nice view of Limsa.

There's also quite a few dead ends in Limsa where the view is great and there's no one around.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Renaise - 08-27-2010

We RP'd a little in that bar in the Marauders guild a few days ago, does seem like a very cool place. Also good to RP anything that involves riding on a ship Big Grin

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Seraphine Felstar - 08-27-2010

For smaller gatherings I like the spot outside The Bismark that's like a little outdoor restaurant. The only thing that concerns me is that it might disrupt people who are trying to craft. I'm not sure of how many people will be there as it seemed fairly empty every time I went so I'm going to say it's up to your desgression.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Kejira - 08-27-2010

ohh i really like the Marauder's guild and the view from the deck is really nice as well, but also yes those dead-end places with the fish alters, are really nice out of the way places with incredible views, I especially like the dead-end spot under the culinary guild, so nice and close to the water with no one around, there s also the High up spot west of the Blacksmith and amourer guild, also with a incredible view of the city as it's seem to nearly be the highest point in the city.

Well when open beta comes around, i'm gone look for RP 'hotspots' in Gridania like the Marauder's guild, i'm sure there will be some, really looking forward to finding out what that house witht he big strange looking wheel is

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Eva - 08-27-2010

In LL the large bird statue is relatively remote and out-of-the-way as well. I honestly haven't been to the Marauder's Guild yet. I'll have to check that out on Tuesday maybe.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Iroh - 08-27-2010

All great spots so far! Makes me antsy now to check out what areas are in Ul'dah and Gridania. >.>

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Tadir - 08-27-2010

I'll definitely be scouting places when the game comes back. We need more bars.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Len - 08-27-2010

Tadir Wrote:I'll definitely be scouting places when the game comes back. We need more bars.

Well we need more inns to go with the bars as well as a great museum or Ancient Ruin like academy for AETHER
Some more ships for the Crimson Blades and that evil linkshell that bad mouthed us lalafells ....
Oh and it would be nice if they made a mall of sorts too ...
Not a modern day mall like an ancient mall ... from many many years ago

I so wish I could be a tester for this game , but thanks to all the testers who get this information for us soon to be players THANK YOU GUYS!!

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Tadir - 08-27-2010

There is a mall. It's the market ward.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Trizzip - 08-27-2010

I'm sure the city that is a 'Jeuno' version will have a good place for RP congregation.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Mycroft - 08-27-2010

Brin Ahlrine Wrote:I'm sure the city that is a 'Jeuno' version will have a good place for RP congregation.

Ishgard?
Or wait was that destroyed when Ala Mihgo fell? Can't remember.

Asyria Wrote:Between Limsa and Bearded Rock, there's a cave leading to a beach from where you have a pretty nice view of Limsa.

There's also quite a few dead ends in Limsa where the view is great and there's no one around.

This might not be such a good idea, my current company is calling that cave the "Currahee Cave", they use it as a meeting spot and such, most of them are hardcore players, some indifferent to or even fascinated by RP, but most are ignorant and directly hostile.. We might not end up on the same server, but if by some freak accident we do.. Please not this place.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - River - 08-27-2010

Malrend Wrote:Ishgard?
Or wait was that destroyed when Ala Mihgo fell? Can't remember.

Ishgard was not destroyed. It's a separate city-state altogether. Not much has been said about it, but even less has been said about the final city-state, Sharlayan. Tough to say if there will actually be a "Jeuno."

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Aveline - 08-27-2010

There are quite a few paths that lead to secret beaches with good views of Limsa Lominsa. Wink

There's also two out-of-the-way spots in LL that have statues to Llymlaen overlooking the water.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Talarien Cara - 08-27-2010

Renaise Wrote:We RP'd a little in that bar in the Marauders guild a few days ago, does seem like a very cool place. Also good to RP anything that involves riding on a ship Big Grin

I thoroughly enjoyed the RP experience that we all had. I wish that I could stayed longer than the few hours that I was there, but we'll soon have all the time in the world to enjoy it. Can you believe we are so close to release already?