Hydaelyn Role-Players
Potential RP Hotspots - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Potential RP Hotspots (/showthread.php?tid=478)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Loonymonkey - 10-04-2010

the ampitheatre in grid is very nice O_o

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Kurb - 10-05-2010

Aside from the upcomming hotspots how would you spot an RP'er.Is it just a case of putting names to avatars in game or do we just walk along in walk mode like I used to do in WoW.I tried going by names e.g. what I thought was an RP name was my face red Laugh cause it was a regular gamer

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Loonymonkey - 10-06-2010

Walking, and useing custom emotes are 2 sure signs that someone is a rper. I dont go by names b/c im going to turn them off here ina'bit, to block all the seperstrife cloudtifa's .

Make first contact is all I can say at this point, even if your RP'ing a reserved emoish toon, ask for directions or just stare at ehm useing the /em function. Itll get attention and you can always com. useing tells.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Volkai - 10-06-2010

Loonymonkey Wrote:Walking, and useing custom emotes are 2 sure signs that someone is a rper. I dont go by names b/c im going to turn them off here ina'bit, to block all the seperstrife cloudtifa's .
Actually not sure signs. I've done both without RP having anything to do with it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
For example in FFXI, long before I'd ever heard of The Lights Templar (or the concept of an RP LS) I was adding "/em assumes an aggresive combat stance" to my Berserk macro.

I'll admit that it's a fairly good sign -- probably even odds or better -- but it's no guarantee.

Quote:Make first contact is all I can say at this point, even if your RP'ing a reserved emoish toon, ask for directions or just stare at ehm useing the /em function. Itll get attention and you can always com. useing tells.
Who calls them toons? (Sorry, pet peeve of mine.)
Seriously though, doing something like asking directions is probably a good course of action.

Or you could just be blunt about it and ask if they RP / are interested in RPing.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Freyar - 10-06-2010

Quote:Who calls them toons? (Sorry, pet peeve of mine.)

People who started up playing MMOs and RPGs without a level of belief in their characters. The term "toon" devalues the character and the intricate relationships and situations that he, she, or it is involved with. Hence, a "cartoon", or completely two-dimensional character.

Whereas people who play WoW without an RP intent refer to their characters as Toons, I referred to mine as a "character", because that is what he, she, or it had.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Loonymonkey - 10-07-2010

It is used when talking about ones character, people used toon way back in UO.

Semantics aside.

Sure it may not be 100% fool proof, but in the event that its not an rper, id think the person would be interested in rping and an olive branch should be extended >_>.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Taijha Rosewood - 10-10-2010

Does anyone RP in gridania? I was in there today for a couple hours and didnt catch anyone RPing... or is it just depending on the time of day?

Oh and add me! I need friends, I dont have any on Besaid I know. :/ (lol yes I know this isnt facebook).

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - foxfirestorm - 10-13-2010

Taijha Rosewood Wrote:Does anyone RP in gridania? I was in there today for a couple hours and didnt catch anyone RPing... or is it just depending on the time of day?

Oh and add me! I need friends, I dont have any on Besaid I know. :/ (lol yes I know this isnt facebook).

I RP In Gridania, though my hours are bouncy and I have 3(4?) characters I jump around on. However if you ever see a Vaelyn Nykah on, feel free to bother me. Smile

---------

Sadly for me and hotspots, I have names turned off, so I just have to go by anything that may happen in the text box, then if I can't locate the person by tabbing around, I'll turn names back on to see if I can find the elusive white text name..
and once I do, I tab em, then do a quick /names, and then see if I can join in. XD

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Popolink - 10-14-2010

Best sort of hotspot is, hands down, an establishment like a tavern. Everyone drinks and eats!

With enough willing people, some to run it and some to drop by frequently, it'd be well on its way to become a popular place. So come, come-hither, waiters and waitresses! :cat:

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Eternal Darkness - 10-15-2010

Taijha Rosewood Wrote:Does anyone RP in gridania? I was in there today for a couple hours and didnt catch anyone RPing... or is it just depending on the time of day?

I will most definitely add you as a friend, and anyone else who wishes me to do so! I'm making a list of people, so next time I'm around I can add those people to it! And I roleplay anywhere *grins* so Gridania, Ul'ah, Limsa Lominsa or even the far off, tucked away and sealed off Ishgard. If there's people around, I'll be there to chat them up!

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Kurb - 10-15-2010

I spent the last while sussing out game mechanics as well as lvling my crafts (which sucks btw ><).Chomping at the bit to RP.ATM I'm out in the middle of nowhere near LL though feel free to FL me

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Ghunzyr - 10-15-2010

I know none you folks spend time out Mysidia way, but if you do you can find me round Limsa. It's no secret I frequent the forges and Drowning Wrench, although the pirates keep a decent bar too. I don't much like to spend more time on ships than needed, but if it means meetin folks, well, I could make an exception.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - ArmachiA - 10-16-2010

My guild spends a lot of time in the Miner's Guild and other Taverns at the moment - thought mostly the Miner's guild - because it's way easier to get to know each other in "tavern rp"

We've met a lot of cool people from other guild's that way!

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Noelle - 10-17-2010

ArmachiA Wrote:My guild spends a lot of time in the Miner's Guild and other Taverns at the moment - thought mostly the Miner's guild - because it's way easier to get to know each other in "tavern rp"

We've met a lot of cool people from other guild's that way!

The Mog House seems rather taken with the Miner's guild, having assembled there frequently.

Nothing better than meeting new friends over an ale~ ♥

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Nel Celestine - 10-18-2010

I just bumped into a couple RPers last night in the miner's guild. (still getting used to the controls) It was fun