Hydaelyn Role-Players
Potential RP Hotspots - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Potential RP Hotspots (/showthread.php?tid=478)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Freyar - 10-18-2010

Had a fun time with RP-leves, complete with shouts from morons akin to "STOP ROLEPLAYING".

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - ArmachiA - 10-19-2010

We had a troll in the miner's guild the other day. Kept saying we weren't our characters and we were lame. We just went along with him "Yes, so lame" "We aren't our characters!? Blasphemy" he eventually got bored and left.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Satisiun - 10-19-2010

It would honestly be nicer to see more people around Gridania. Between the lower floor of the Adventurer's Guild/airship sitting area, the amphitheater, and the several alcoves that you can hang out at (the northwest one before the Conjurer's Guild, for example, as well as the scenic spots by rivers and ponds), you would think that there are enough places to invite activity.

I find myself a little frustrated that Ul'dah seems to be becoming this centralized hub of activity for the most part, both for OOC purposes and IC purposes. From an OOC standpoint, it means that finding RP in areas not Ul'dah becomes difficult. I do see a fair bit when people bump in to each other at Aetheryte crystals, but other than that ...

And from an IC standpoint, my character is basically hard-wired to not only despise Ul'dah and both wear a mask/be discreet/not be himself while there, he triply dislikes the Miner's Guild for its seedier practices. So dragging him to what is apparently the most popular spot right now is a total breaking of character. Undecided

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Nel Celestine - 10-20-2010

if it makes it any better, the miner's guild has been empty the last two nights when I went to check. Cry

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Nira Muzyka - 10-20-2010

We did some stuff in Limsa last night for a change of Scenery, I think the tavern will wind up most popular on weekends(so the games world becomes even more of a reflection of ours, DUN DUN DUUUUN), and the other area's will see some love, we just need to figure out some area's where we will all have a fairly good reason to want to visit so we can actually get stuff started.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Asytra - 10-21-2010

Gridania might become more popular when we finally get fast travel. As it stands now it is a PAIN in the butt to get to without anima.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Satisiun - 10-21-2010

Asytra Wrote:Gridania might become more popular when we finally get fast travel. As it stands now it is a PAIN in the butt to get to without anima.

Don't forget that people around here love their (a) big cities or (b) pirates, so it's a lose-lose situation. And Ul'dah being such a centralized hub in terms of location, it's hard to compete.

I think one of the bigger things that has to happen is Ishgard has to open. If that happens, Gridania would feasibly be a good midway point for people trying to head all the way to Coerthas, considering you all but have to swing by it on your way to Ishgard.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - BloodHecate - 10-26-2010

ArmachiA Wrote:We had a troll in the miner's guild the other day. Kept saying we weren't our characters and we were lame. We just went along with him "Yes, so lame" "We aren't our characters!? Blasphemy" he eventually got bored and left.
I don't even understand what a person like that gets out of a role-playing game. If an MMORPG game doesn't serve to cater an interesting world to be immersed in and to feel like a character, what is it good for? Final Fantasy IX would have certainly been a terrible game if someone was coming in all the time and saying "you're not Zidane, harr harr!"

Isn't what's truly lame, to play an MMORPG with none of the benefits? Anyway, I'm certainly sad that we are already running into users like that. A bad playerbase ruins a game far more than any developers can.

If you don't feel like you're part of another realm, and get into characters and events, creating an amazing item, toppling an incredible monster, trekking through a creepy cavern, it's all weak and worthless. And I don't know why someone would try to depreciate the feeling that the roleplaying game, the only benefit it can give you, when you are paying money for that experience. Can you even consider yourself a fan of massively multiplayer online roleplaying games if you are against roleplaying, a fundamental aspect of the genre? Furthermore, does any game in existence thrive on destroying immersion instead of building?

It's times like these that sort of make me do wish we had a sort of official roleplaying server.

On a lighter note, I am really looking forward to having a home to invite people to and roleplay in. I'm reallying vying for the ability to craft a nice large home and spend lots of time decorating. And be able to invite someone in for tea and food, sitting down at a table with me.

I also have to forward that I would like to see a lot more roleplayers in the Adventurer's Guild in Gridania.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Loonymonkey - 10-28-2010

might it not be prudent to make a thread with 1 post by everyone on it that they can update as they are available for rps? with loc and time? just a thought...

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Ghunzyr - 10-28-2010

sounds like a good idea. Could just go through the messages on here and note down places mentioned and how many times. Seems the Ul'dah miner's guild has come up the most.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Loonymonkey - 10-29-2010

yes the miners guild does seem to be popular, but every time ive gone in there its usually emty cept for a guy crafting, or just standing at the counter buying something.

What i meen would be some thing like this:

Veltez asdaga
Gridania amphathetre
8:30 am -10:00 am est

And so on and so forth. people could use the edit function to update the posts instead of flooding it with posts from the same active users. like if i were to change my mind i could do something like this:

Veltez asdaga
Uldalah Miners guild

And it would be possible i suppose to scan for ppl in your area faster if it looked more like:

Gridania
Veltez asdaga
amphathetre

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Ghunzyr - 10-29-2010

So less of a "where are good places to go" and more of a meet-up thing along the lines of "I'll be here at this time"

Little more work on the part of the person posting, but not a bad idea, especially for folks who have trouble finding others to RP with.

Re: Potential RP Hotspots - Loonymonkey - 10-30-2010

Exactly... sure beats checking 10-15 places and finding noone.., esp if your a eraly morning mid day player...