Hydaelyn Role-Players
Thats it i have had enough - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Thats it i have had enough (/showthread.php?tid=4807)

Pages: 1 2

Thats it i have had enough - Trigonxv - 09-27-2013

I have had enough of endgame bs elitism and what not, as well as the other things that have poisoned the endgame. While it happens in other games as well I will make my very best attempt to solve the issue in this one and if not at least get very close to it, if you feel the same way I do keep watch on my future posts somethings gonna be done.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Nimarhie - 09-27-2013

Youre on a legacy server, thats gonna happen.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Rhylund - 09-27-2013

Reading this made me cringe a bit...

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Faye - 09-27-2013

Eh, it happens. On every game. On every server. Legacy or not.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Nimarhie - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 09:17 PM)Faye Wrote: Eh, it happens. On every game. On every server. Legacy or not.

Oh true, true... but Balmung has far more 1.0 players than Gilgamesh, so endgame elitism is going to happen a lot more frequently (for now).

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Trigonxv - 09-27-2013

all the more reason to do something since its on legacy, i enjoy the friends i made on there, cool peeps and all but the endgame chokepoint has gotta clear up

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Faye - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 09:19 PM)Nimarhie Wrote:
(09-27-2013, 09:17 PM)Faye Wrote: Eh, it happens. On every game. On every server. Legacy or not.

Oh true, true... but Balmung has far more 1.0 players than Gilgamesh, so endgame elitism is going to happen a lot more frequently (for now).

True, we'll have it worse in the beginning, but soon enough all the servers will be fairly equal in the population of skilled/geared level 50 players.

(09-27-2013, 09:24 PM)Trigonxv Wrote: all the more reason to do something since its on legacy, i enjoy the friends i made on there, cool peeps and all but the endgame chokepoint has gotta clear up

I, uhh... I agree... but what exactly do you intend to do about it?

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Fox - 09-27-2013

Saying that it is something "more common" to a legacy server really doesn't help the matter. It happens -everywhere-, -period-. I've seen the elitism moreso on other games than this one. The only reason why it would happen more is only because there would be more people. But you're going to run into elitism no matter where you go, period. Best just to ignore and carry on.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Nox - 09-27-2013

It's not just Balmung. I've queued with plenty of people from other servers and have even had people tell me to leave because I don't have a full Darklight set. It's not just Balmung. It's not just Legacy servers. Every MMO has endgame elitists; and there's not much you can do about it, sadly. You can just leave groups that are like that.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Cato - 09-27-2013

The main issue is that MMO's are infested with players who rush to reach the perceived 'endgame' and are utterly obsessed with completing content as swiftly as possible. A lot of these players don't even appreciate the game itself, often skipping as much content as they can get away with and expecting every other player around them to do the same. Most of these players aren't worth interacting with, so you're not missing much.

My character is currently level 48, though I'd definitely be up for doing endgame stuff with like-minded players once I hit 50. I'm a fan of soaking up the atmosphere in raids/dungeons and helping new or inexperienced players learn how to tackle tricky fights.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-27-2013

I dunno... I mean, I don't see what can be done about it. I think games like WoW and from what I've heard (mind you, I've only heard about this) FFXI has instilled in many minds this 'you must be this tall to ride this ride' mentality. You gotta be this good because we need to get this blah on grind status.

I've healed for one raiding guild in the extent of my (rather small) gaming career. The stress levels were way too high. I hated being in vent, I hated the fighting and the screaming and the finger pointing. I don't find that I play games for end game or raid content because I just don't enjoy it. Even the good runs feel kind of bland to me because I don't get to sit there and enjoy things-- everyone's too busy listening to orders and stuff.

I never enjoyed groups of people who refused to take lesser geared or lower level people with them through anything. I understand not wanting to carry someone who is just going to drag the whole group down and yet will need on every single thing they can wear but it doesn't seem fair to treat every new end-level individual that way.

Again, like Faye, I'm kinda lost on what can be done about it and more, I'm not sure I would want to infringe on raiders' rights to do whatever they want with their sub time by telling them they need to be more charitable and helpful to others.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - FreelanceWizard - 09-27-2013

One solution, I think, is to have "open community raids." Unfortunately, the grind factor in the endgame means that's somewhat less viable, but you can get a similar effect out of the Balmung's Finest initiative, I think -- it's a great bunch of friendly people (who I hope to eventually be high enough level to group with Smile ).

Alternatively, you can hook up with a friendly progression-oriented FC. From Unity to WildSky to Unsung Heroes, there's a lot of options available.

The nature of the grind at endgame means that, naturally, DF groups are going to be less than accommodating at times. That's why premades of people you get along with OOC are going to be your better bet.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Naunet - 09-27-2013

(09-27-2013, 10:15 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Alternatively, you can hook up with a friendly progression-oriented FC. From Unity to WildSky to Unsung Heroes, there's a lot of options available.

The nature of the grind at endgame means that, naturally, DF groups are going to be less than accommodating at times. That's why premades of people you get along with OOC are going to be your better bet.

This is honestly the best advice one can give. You just need to find like-minded people who are as easy-going or rough-and-ready as you'd wish. It can be a challenge to find the right match, but it's what will make you happiest in the end. There's no fun in leaving your gaming fate up to the PUG life.

A good sign for a more "chill" and potentially more welcoming group is whether or not they actively do things for members who are not level capped. This signals some amount of investment in people beyond just what they bring to the raid group; not to mention, a free company that breeds a helpful atmosphere will generally breed friendly, empathetic people.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Trigonxv - 09-27-2013

Its take gonna take some time and persistence but I'll be working on a group to help others in the endgame aspect. sure I can ignore it and eventually get done what I need to get done but considering the annoyance it is  I wanna help people so we can all enjoy

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Val - 09-28-2013

I rolled Balmung for multiple reasons, but honestly the fact that it was legacy did not bother me at all. Truth be told, I like the idea of the economy and player base already being set. 

As most people have already said, it's going to happen with every game you play. Eventually, a few months from now, it won't matter which server was legacy because everyone will be at about the same place.