Hydaelyn Role-Players
Heya Balmung!** - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Heya Balmung!** (/showthread.php?tid=4823)

Heya Balmung!** - Sahde Vhidgo - 09-28-2013

Hey folks Smile I'm Xerali, and I've settled myself fairly well into FFXIV:ARR at this point.

MMORPG background
It started in World of Warcraft, stayed there for a few years, then had a brief stopover in each of Star Wars: the Old Republic and the Secret World. Currently, I'm active in Guild Wars 2, and am looking to dip my toes into the Hydaelyn 'verse.

RP experience
I was a tabletop roleplayer for a few younger years (D&D and Call of Cthulhu) before dedicating most of my RP energy into MMOs.

Upon my arrival in Guild Wars 2, I started playing around in more forum-based, and Skype-chat RP; both opened up new avenues by which to explore the game world, and I'm still very active in both types of roleplay.

Character ideas/info

Currently, my only character is Y'lyfriel Sikah, a Seeker of the Sun Miqo'te. ICly, she's an arcanist/scholar. Much of her backstory is still under construction (and will likely remain so, until I've RP'd her with a few people.) She's currently situated in/around Limsa Lominsa for sake of her studies. She's fairly aloof, especially around new faces, but she may warm slightly with familiarity.

Aside from her studies and trials, she has long held a penchant for cooking, and occasionally spars with a lance or a staff, for sake of exercise.

How did you learn about the coalition?

Reddit and Google. I happened across a few other sites before finding this one. The Coalition does a great job of presenting/promoting Free Companies and Linkshells; it seems the go-to place for FFXIV roleplay interests.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Probably medium. I enjoy rich, detailed stories and story-arcs, but I also like to run around out-of-character, occasionally (FATEs, dungeons, general OOC shenanigans.) But roleplay is where my heart is.

Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I work fairly average times, morning to evening, Monday through Friday. The occasional Saturday. I recently finished an MA in English, which was a follow-up to a BA in Creative Writing/Literature, and am actively working towards both applying those degrees to a profession, and seeking further schooling at the same time.

Like Y'lyfriel, I'm something of a foodie. The kitchen is my home. Get too close, and more than a few recipes are sure to rub off.

Cheers! Looking forward to joining the community.

RE: Heya Gilgameshians! [Gilgamesh] - Lutra - 09-28-2013

Ohai there.

RE: Heya Gilgameshians! [Gilgamesh] - Lady Whiteraven - 09-28-2013

Welcome! Feel free to look me up for some random rp sometime. I'm relatively new as well, just a few days in fact. Luna Fairsilver and she is a gentle giantess who is very friendly and loves to meet new people.

RE: Heya Gilgameshians! [Gilgamesh] - Lan Darklyn - 09-28-2013

Fooooood! lol I love to cook as well. Welcome to Gilgamesh!

RE: Heya Balmung!** - Sahde Vhidgo - 10-24-2013

** Updating greeting page to indicate world transfer. Bye Gilgamesh! Good times had Smile

Hello, Balmung! *waves*

RE: Heya Balmung!** - Olofantur - 10-24-2013

As the others have said, welcome to the RPC Xerali,

A small note, your character pane still says you're on Gilgamesh. ((EDIT: looks like that was fixed, never mind!))

Hope you've had the chance to traipse around and meet some people in game, there's of course the Linkshell hall for anything you're looking for group related.

Please ask any questions you might have, express any concerns.

See you around Eorzea!