Hydaelyn Role-Players
Grindstone Tournament 10.2 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Grindstone Tournament 10.2 (/showthread.php?tid=4883)

Pages: 1 2

Grindstone Tournament 10.2 - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-02-2013

So it's that day again! The Grindstone Tournament will be held, as usual, at the bridge in Central Thanalan beside Fesca's Wash at 10 pm EST. The entrance fee will be 100 gil per head in order to enter and donations if you're feeling generous.

If you intend to -enter- the tournament tonight, please mention as much in this thread. I would like to get a vague idea of who might be coming~

Our current champion is Fystrael Abylstyrwyn.

RE: Grindstone Tournament 10.2 - Gharen - 10-02-2013

Gharen will be there.

RE: Grindstone Tournament 10.2 - Karaan - 10-02-2013

I may be there, but I won't be in the event this wednesday, maybe next week Smile

RE: Grindstone Tournament 10.2 - Fen - 10-02-2013

Fen will be present, but as he will be sparring with Sio, tonight... it seems unlikely he'll enter this go 'round. Either too tired or too... comatose to participate. Tongue

RE: Grindstone Tournament 10.2 - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-02-2013

(10-02-2013, 04:10 PM)Fen Wrote: Fen will be present, but as he will be sparring with Sio, tonight... it seems unlikely he'll enter this go 'round. Either too tired or too... comatose to participate. Tongue

We can go the route of /roll combat if you'd like! I'm sure Fen could take Sio, and I'm open to it happening although admittedly... Yarr. I have only recently gotten over this feeling that Sio should lose pretty often. Don't want her to win all the time but it occurs to me, as I've said before, that losing all the time doesn't look too good either, amirite? So I would feel comfortable letting it down to rolls and so long as she doesn't get stabbed in the neck a third time, I'm sure Fen'll be good to go. She always does her worst amount of damage on the verge of death.

To clarify for everyone, we need at least four willing participants to hold the event.

Goes thusly:

Fystrael v Player 1

Player 1 v Player 3

Player 1 v 2 | Player 3 v 4

Not to say Player 1 and 3 will win, but for example's sake. So the same can be done with any even number of entrants, maybe even an odd number though it can become slightly more difficult as one person won't have to fight on the lowest tier.

Healers and spectators as always are welcome.

Gambling is accepted and THIS time, if you feel like putting gil on fights, I'll make sure it all gets collected and distributed properly per fight. May need one of our lovable, trustworthy members who has a character on top of things like this to help out as I will have to keep Sio's eye on the fight.

Possibly Khyros?

RE: Grindstone Tournament 10.2 - cuideag - 10-02-2013

I'd really love to spectate one of these, if that's alright! Don't know if I will be able to sneak over there tonight but still! Sounds really neat.

(10-02-2013, 04:18 PM)cuideag Wrote: I'd really love to spectate one of these, if that's alright! Don't know if I will be able to sneak over there tonight but still! Sounds really neat.

We love spectators! Honestly, the side RP, to me, is just as fun to watch as the fights themselves. And the fights themselves, especially when gambling comes into play, can just add more conversation topics to the side RP.

Thus far, I've yet to see any of our tourney competitors complain that the side RP is too distracting for them. They've done marvelously to date and I absolutely adore them for it. I think it really helps give them a bit of practice conducting RP in a large group, and I hope they feel that way as well.

RE: Grindstone Tournament 10.2 - Fen - 10-02-2013

(10-02-2013, 04:17 PM)Siobhain Wrote:
(10-02-2013, 04:10 PM)Fen Wrote: Fen will be present, but as he will be sparring with Sio, tonight... it seems unlikely he'll enter this go 'round. Either too tired or too... comatose to participate. Tongue

We can go the route of /roll combat if you'd like! I'm sure Fen could take Sio, and I'm open to it happening although admittedly... Yarr. I have only recently gotten over this feeling that Sio should lose pretty often. Don't want her to win all the time but it occurs to me, as I've said before, that losing all the time doesn't look too good either, amirite? So I would feel comfortable letting it down to rolls and so long as she doesn't get stabbed in the neck a third time, I'm sure Fen'll be good to go. She always does her worst amount of damage on the verge of death.

Fen tends to be a much better fighter when equipped with his claws rather than the hora (which he has unfortunately been confined to in past fights), as he has to rely less on elbows and knees and more on the actual weapons, so it should definitely be interesting! Rolls sound fine, to make things fair!

I'm kinda in the same boat as you, Fen keeps losing his fights, two out of three of which were not dependent on dice, when I feel like he should be... I dunno... better. Not godlike. But better. Tongue

I'm gonna be on closer to 10 pm EST when the event starts, sadly. Baby with fever are baby with fever.

Thus far, still no real count on how many competitors there might be. Q_Q

Why is always like dis?!

RE: Grindstone Tournament 10.2 - Lost River - 10-02-2013

Poor baby. Sad But in itself, also a good thing. When a child gets sick and then recovers, your child will be stronger.

(10-02-2013, 09:06 PM)Lost River Wrote: Poor baby. Sad But in itself, also a good thing. When a child gets sick and then recovers, your child will be stronger.

Dis is troof.

RE: Grindstone Tournament 10.2 - Karaan - 10-02-2013

All my good thinking goes to your baby..I hope it will go better rapidly Sad

(10-02-2013, 09:43 PM)Karaan Wrote: All my good thinking goes to your baby..I hope it will go better rapidly Sad

My little man has just gone to sleep and his fever is reduced. It'll take a couple minutes before I can go back into my room with my computer but I'll be on soon.

RE: Grindstone Tournament 10.2 - K'dath - 10-02-2013

This is the third time I have been completely thrown off by Eastern time zones!

The first time I figured it out before being two hours late though.

RE: Grindstone Tournament 10.2 - Levy - 10-02-2013

This sounds like a fun event! I however wont be participating this time. I have to study for an exam. >_>

How often are these held? I would like to maybe enter one some time.