Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Parvacake - 06-23-2015

Hope to see you guys soon! I plan to attend on Lili again once the expac hype starts to sizzle Smile

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - WorstRPerEver - 06-24-2015

How would I go about joining this? My character had a brief chat with Warren about participating in the Saturday events last time, but I'm not sure if there's something I need to do.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-24-2015

(06-24-2015, 04:03 PM)WorstRPerEver Wrote: How would I go about joining this? My character had a brief chat with Warren about participating in the Saturday events last time, but I'm not sure if there's something I need to do.

Just show up on time! (Or a bit before if you wanna get some socializing done)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 06-24-2015

(06-24-2015, 04:04 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(06-24-2015, 04:03 PM)WorstRPerEver Wrote: How would I go about joining this? My character had a brief chat with Warren about participating in the Saturday events last time, but I'm not sure if there's something I need to do.

Just show up on time! (Or a bit before if you wanna get some socializing done)
Yup! Show up! At Warren yells when to line up in front of the rock. If you are not in the line by a certain timeframe your name doesn't get out on the fighter list.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - WorstRPerEver - 06-24-2015

Will do! Thanks Smile

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 06-28-2015

The penultimate Grindstone of this "season!" Our attendance was nearly quadrupled from last week's! That's not surprising considering we were only eight, but... It's an improvement! Twenty eight of Eorzea's roughest and toughest came out tonight to battle for supremacy, and ultimately we observed Orenji Kharn defeat Screaming Silence to become our new champion.

...also, imgur appears to be down so NO PICTURES FOR ANYONE!

As a reminder, next week will be the last Grindstone that's paid for with the gil raised during the St. Valentione's Day Massacre event, and on July 11th we'll be once again hosting a choose-your-opponent auction of sorts. You can read about that here!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Vitamin C - 06-28-2015

HAIL! A fun event to be apart of! Thank you so much for the opportunity!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - WorstRPerEver - 06-28-2015

Screenshot!

I'd meant to get more than just one, but I was probably just about as nervous as my character was.

I had a blast - will definitely try to be there next time! And I really should show up earlier, it seemed like people were gathering around the area more than an hour in advance.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 01:43 AM)WorstRPerEver Wrote: Screenshot!

I'd meant to get more than just one, but I was probably just about as nervous as my character was.

I had a blast - will definitely try to be there next time! And I really should show up earlier, it seemed like people were gathering around the area more than an hour in advance.

I was quite amused by your "I even found a sword!" when you first showed up tonight. I'm glad you had a good time! Roleplay usually starts an hour or earlier. I suppose it depends on when people finish dinner/grinding/get bored and head out.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 01:43 AM)WorstRPerEver Wrote: Screenshot!

... Is it wrong that the angle of this shot makes me think I'm looking at something out of Diablo?

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Duplicitous Dame - 06-28-2015

As usual, I had a blast at the Grindstone Big Grin. At first I wasn't going to make it because I'd been feeling horrible throughout the day, but I'm glad I went anyway! 

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - WorstRPerEver - 06-28-2015

Not necessarily wrong IMO, I had to angle the camera funny to get as many people in the picture as possible. There were lots (and I may or may not have accidentally messed up my camera angle and couldn't figure out how to fix it)

I should show up earlier... saw lots of awesome characters and lots of names I recognized from here that I wanted to approach. Do people hang around after the event to socialize, or is it just before?

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 12:21 PM)WorstRPerEver Wrote: Not necessarily wrong IMO, I had to angle the camera funny to get as many people in the picture as possible. There were lots (and I may or may not have accidentally messed up my camera angle and couldn't figure out how to fix it)

I should show up earlier... saw lots of awesome characters and lots of names I recognized from here that I wanted to approach. Do people hang around after the event to socialize, or is it just before?

Both!

I typically have Franz hang out after since I'm PST. ...we were there till....midnight PST? (3AM EST).

I know people who show up two hours early for the RP pregame.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Jancis - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 12:48 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: I typically have Franz hang out after since I'm PST. ...we were there till....midnight PST? (3AM EST).

It was until 4AM EDT Sleepy I just got up.

I had a lot of fun. Didn't fight. Didn't heal. But lots of people to talk to and easy to keep a conversation going with how the layout was.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 06-28-2015

Yep, I was up to 2 am for after event RP.  Then was back up at 6 am to get ready for 10 am shift that morning.  Yes I'm exhausted but I would do it all again.  Jancis, this you'll like this.

[Image: ffxiv_06282015_013920.jpg]
John and Jancis talking on the bridge.  Speaking about his worry over Howl and what he thought was a fight going on between Warren and Howl.  Also speaking about Howl letting John use his postcoginitive ability to see his memories and starting the turn from viewing it as a curse but a gift to aide him as a healer.  Unknown to the pair, Judge may have overheard that conversation between the two of them.

[Image: ffxiv_06272015_221123.jpg]
Line up of the Grindstone last night.  Will have more pic in the screenshot thread for John's "photo".