Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Asmodean - 06-28-2015

I really need to get my weekday job to be full time already so I have the weekend nights to enjoy events like these and waste them at a dead end night job. T.T

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 07-05-2015

22 fighters!

57 Great Swords!

2 Au Ra who've never heard of money!

1 Champion! M'yazi Tia!

[Image: A5Vxi7b.jpg]

[Image: wKpu6el.jpg]

Edit: And as a reminder, next week is our special event where YOU, yes YOU can bid on the right to pick your opponent! Or if fighting isn't your thing, you can bribe the folks in charge to arrange a match-up! Details are in this thread!

And then I can stop plugging this so gratuitously!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Oats McGoats - 07-05-2015

Had fun tonight! :3

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - DoomsdayClock - 07-05-2015

Poor Silence goes from Finals to knocked out in the first round. x.x;
I will note...I hope SOMEONE has to fight Judge next week.
He will probably pull a Raoh and not even get off his horse though..

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 07-05-2015

As promise Warren and Sei.  John's photo of you two right after the event ended.  Thanks for waiting for a few minutes for me to get this shot of you two.

IC:

A short note and a frame photo arrive in Warren's mail.  The handwriting is neat and elegant.

To Warren and Sei,

I hope this note and photo find you two well rested.  I wish I had more time to do this properly but I did not want to keep you both too long, as I know that Sei may be recovering for her injuries still.  I had a friend of my Dad to make the maple frame that it sits in.  Welcome back Sei, I'm glad that you and Howl made it back home and to us. We missed you very much.

-John Waterstrike

[Image: ffxiv_07052015_002217.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 07-12-2015

Tonight was a huge night! The tournament had 32 contenders, with the title this week going to Rulian Kalian after some close, hard-fought encounters.

AND NOTHING ELSE EXCITING HAPPENED, AT ALL.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - WorstRPerEver - 07-12-2015

This was the most fun I've had on an online game in a while... thanks for the awesome RP, everyone! Blush

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 07-12-2015

(07-12-2015, 01:43 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: AND NOTHING ELSE EXCITING HAPPENED, AT ALL.

About that...

Show Content

So many spelling errors and silly side stuff missed in the heat of the moment. Was quite fun, though. I think screenshots of it should be coming soon enough.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Sounsyy - 07-12-2015

(07-12-2015, 02:47 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 01:43 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: AND NOTHING ELSE EXCITING HAPPENED, AT ALL.
Show Content

Holy. Shit. I have missed epicness.
Sounsyy must make her return. Grindstone beware.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Star Lin - 07-12-2015

And to prove the epicness of the fight, John got pictures.  1st/3rd pov for the lot of them.  The ablum can be found here.

But to give you guys a preview.

[Image: ffxiv_07122015_010104.jpg]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Corelyn - 07-13-2015

Aw man. Now I feel bad that I had Corelyn take off so I could play Boardgame Online. X-D That looks like it was epic as hell.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 07-13-2015

(07-13-2015, 09:49 AM)Corelyn Wrote: Aw man. Now I feel bad that I had Corelyn take off so I could play Boardgame Online. X-D That looks like it was epic as hell.

The whole night seemed to be pretty hot. There was a lot of fun chatter from a lot of different groups there, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves! It felt like a big marquee event thanks to the crowd.

In my head, I was basically treating it like a Pay-Per-View wrestling special, and it feels to me like it delivered. I feel a bit guilty for sort of making Warren/Judge a focal point, but we didn't want to put it off another week, and we couldn't do it while people were still fighting the normal matches!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 07-19-2015

While waiting on the end of the tournament to wind down, I'll bump this by pointing out that we set a new attendance record for fighters tonight: 41 people got in line to beat each other up tonight!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Seye Qhesu - 07-19-2015

(07-19-2015, 12:42 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: While waiting on the end of the tournament to wind down, I'll bump this by pointing out that we set a new attendance record for fighters tonight: 41 people got in line to beat each other up tonight!
My goodness! Now I feel bad that I wasn't able to come and help due to an RP event!  I hope all the fighters had fun!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-19-2015

(07-19-2015, 12:57 AM)Kaguya Nightsong Wrote:
(07-19-2015, 12:42 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: While waiting on the end of the tournament to wind down, I'll bump this by pointing out that we set a new attendance record for fighters tonight: 41 people got in line to beat each other up tonight!
My goodness! Now I feel bad that I wasn't able to come and help due to an RP event!  I hope all the fighters had fun!

It still goes on!

Something fun (times are in PST)

[21:37]Random! Percival Turner rolls a 938.
[21:37]Random! Xel'enfer Trellvani rolls a 938.