Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) (/showthread.php?tid=4919)

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Leggerless - 01-13-2016

Oh yea. I totally forgot to make a post about this.

A month ago, I designed a pseudo-realistic simulation of the Grindstone event. The technical report/executive summary for that shall be pasted below within a spoiler.

If you want the file itself, you'll have to send me a PM. You will also need Simio 7 for software.

Anyways, enjoy. Kept it in spoilers because... it's a bit long. It would be extremely long if I posted the appendix too Tongue

Show Content

TL;DR: Average GS takes approximately 3 hours to complete after it starts, given the present settings and assumptions taken.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 01-17-2016

Grindstone #3 of 2016!

656463 fighters! The closest we've ever had to a full-on 64-person tournament!

After nearly four hours of fighting, we crowned a new champion in a returning Nazyl Tharazy!

[Image: Iw7b30O.jpg]

After a small conversation, next week should see the official opening of What the Stone is Cooking, the first concession stand on Grindstone soil thanks to Lucerna Sainahs! Turn out to see what delicious creations she comes up with!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-24-2016

I hinted a couple times for something neat, and HERE IT IS.
[Image: LZCnI8I.jpg]

Credit for the idea goes to all the crazy people who wanted a character selection screen.

If you were fighting/healing/overseeing in the Grindstone and don't see your beautiful face in there, please let me know and I'll get you in! Photosop layers are scary.

Credits: Art and template made by Dornisaurio http://dornisaurio.com/

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 01-24-2016

HOLY SHIT

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Gegenji - 01-24-2016

(01-24-2016, 02:16 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: HOLY SHIT

Quoted for truth.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - AekiraSwyfte - 01-24-2016

MY TRIAN. MY BEAUTIFUL TRIAN. I SEE YOU IN THAT CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN AND I AM P R O U D

seriously though, I have not stopped screaming about this yet, this is amazing!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Duplicitous Dame - 01-24-2016

(01-24-2016, 02:16 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: HOLY SHIT

So THAT'S why you were lurking near me earlier, Franz! Wow! This looks amazing! Big Grin

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-24-2016

If anyone would like the template, the artist provided one with instructions on how to put faces in. (And it's dynamic enough to swap out the UI, text, character art, etc).

...and has a layer for literally. everything.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 01-24-2016

So secretive! How can I know who to thank?!

Anyway!

Tonight!

Grindstone 2016 #4! Our horrible, toxic community managed to bring together 61 fighters, last for 201 minutes, and crown 1 champion!

[Image: GiBoxbL.jpg]

Yvenalise Tachibana!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 01-31-2016

TONIGHT! 56 FIGHTERS! Four and a half hours! No million-gil giveaway! ONE WINNER!

[Image: utXPjpI.jpg]

Glibbibbi Bibbi is our current reigning, defending, conquering champion! Who can stop this devastating force?! Who can quell this tumultuous volcano?!

TUNE IN NEXT SATURDAY TO FIND OUT!

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 01-31-2016

I can't pronounce that name.

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Sylastair - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 10:25 AM)Aaron Wrote: I can't pronounce that name.
I can't pronounce YOUR name. 

[youtube]y6rZfpSL1RQ[/youtube]

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Aaron - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 10:35 AM)Flynt Knoltros Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 10:25 AM)Aaron Wrote: I can't pronounce that name.
I can't pronounce YOUR name. 

[youtube]y6rZfpSL1RQ[/youtube]
You'd be surprised how many people call me Ay-Ron lol.

Or Aerin, how can Aaron be hard to say but Aerin isn't.

;_;

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Glibbibbi Bibbi - 02-02-2016

All you have to do is R-R-REJOICE IN THE GLORY OF C-C-COMBAT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV_IP4mNJCI
You don't have to pronounce it

RE: The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central) - Warren Castille - 02-07-2016

Tonight! We had to stop a child from trying to fight people! We had to stop viewers from beating each other up! We had two people in the line who didn't want to fight, and two people I didn't notice wanting to fight!

THE GRINDSTONE. SIXTY FIGHTERS. FIFTY-NINE LOSERS. NOT AMONG THEM:

[Image: fUElGnx.jpg]

Ariunluu Kagonkahkol!

So, in other news, the current split of champions?

Of our six champions in 2016, 2 have come from the Arbor bracket, and the rest? All from the (superior!) central area!

The Wash and the Bridge are merely fodder! Dohohoho!