Hydaelyn Role-Players
Nashu's big adventure [Story] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Nashu's big adventure [Story] (/showthread.php?tid=4958)

Nashu's big adventure [Story] - Kailia - 10-07-2013

Nashu fumed. Where could they of gone. Surely they didn't leave without her? Those were the thoughts that ran through her mind as she paced on the ships deck.

"Oi lass, yer gonna wear a rut at that pace" said the pilot.

Nashu looked at him, "Oh sorry... just I can't find my family. I think they went to Limsa ahead of me."

The pilot frowned, "Well that's not very nice. But I am sure you will find them eventually. Actually look, we are already here."

And showing up, there was Limsa Lominsa in all its glory. The ship sailed into the dock and Nashu departed. The city was most definitely different from Gridania's. Once she checked in, she made her way through the city. She was amazed at the market, and how busy it was.

There was almost no trees in the city, and the sun beat down on her much like it did in the deserts of Thanalan. But unlike the desert, the weather was markedly more comfortable for her.

As she asked around about her missing father and mother, she was directed by a yellow jacket to the drowning wench. And through blind luck, she found her way there. But the barkeep was too busy with other people. But then a single lalafell in black robes motioned her over.

"You look like you are looking for something."

"Yeah my mother and father." she replied.

After a lengthy description of the two, the lalafell told her he thought he saw them heading towards the tempest gate. So she bound for it. She was unconcerned with danger. She had after all, her trusty spear and the mail armor her father made for her.

As she exited the city she was surprised at the greenery she beheld. She found herself walking backwards in awe of her surroundings. That though... proved to be a mistake. For the first thing she bumped into was an ill tempered Goobbue.

The creature turned towards her and not knowing if it was dangerous or not, she pulled her spear and stabbed it in the arm. The creature let forth a mighty roar and began the attack. It swatted and bit at her, with its many rows of teeth. Panic set in as she quickly pulled off her bronze helmet and threw it at the creature.

Through either reflex, or just dumb luck, the creature caught the helmet with its mouth and began chewing it and swallowed. But then the unthinkable happened. The creature began clawing at its throat and backed away before finally falling into its back.

Nashu blinked and without thinking realized, that helmet was crafted for her by her father. She would not let it remain inside the creature. So she climbed onto the creature and pried its jaws opened and realized the helmet had seen better days. But it was her helmet and she was certain her father could fix it. So she began collecting shard after shard of the helmet, digging deep into the throat for the remaining pieces, this left her armor coated in the creatures stench.

And that was when she felt it. Tiny teeth biting into her main armor. She looked over her shoulders. A Warf Rat was chewing her armor. She swatted it only to have two more lunch at her armor. Pretty soon she found herself running for the city gates, fifteen rats chewing her armor, the yellow jackets on duty looked dumbfounded and quickly rushed to her aid.

But alas, her helmet was in pieces, and so was now her entire suit of chainmail her father made. The yellow jacket took pity on her and took her to the market where he got her some fitted leather clothing. Her big adventure was now at a close, and she owed the yellow jacket for his charity.

She spent the next two days doing odd jobs for him till he declared the debt settled. She was now able to continue her search...