Hydaelyn Role-Players
Is this rumor or fact? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Is this rumor or fact? (/showthread.php?tid=497)

Pages: 1 2

Is this rumor or fact? - Ozak Kuzak - 08-31-2010

[Image: somethingsr.png]

Does anyone know if this is true? I only ask cause Samurai was my all time favorite job in FFXI and was sad when I read SAM wasn't going to be in FFXIV. I would be the happiest person ever if it is true cause I will so play Samurai all the way in FFXIV. :cheer:

Thank you for any info

Re: Is this rumor or fact? - ArmachiA - 08-31-2010

Confirmed to be Datamined, not confirmed to be jobs that are playable (Could be npc jobs)

Re: Is this rumor or fact? - Ozak Kuzak - 08-31-2010

Aww I'm going to be so sad if I can't play Samurai. Tongue

Re: Is this rumor or fact? - Trizzip - 08-31-2010

lolGradiator......JP Engrish ftw

Re: Is this rumor or fact? - Mycroft - 08-31-2010

Well there is an Arcanist's and Musketeer's Guild in LL, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we can play 'em.

Re: Is this rumor or fact? - River - 08-31-2010

SE has confirmed, however, that there are more playable jobs than what they've released so far. They wanted to release most of the craft jobs first to get the economy going, then release more DOW, DOM jobs.

Re: Is this rumor or fact? - Tadir - 08-31-2010

I just want musketeer to be unlocked. A pistol wielding healer is what I want to play!

I'd love to be able to shoot cureshot or something like that. Heh, abilities:
-Cureshot
-Echoshot
-Antishot
-(whathaveyou)shot

Re: Is this rumor or fact? - Asyria - 08-31-2010

Flu Shot?

But yeah I think those are class that will -possibly- be released later.
Pretty sure even Musketeer will be in a patch (probably early-ish, though), and the classes we had in clsoed beta and that are on the game website now are all we get at release.

If new classes are released before the PS3 version arrives, I might have to rethink the main disciplines of Malrend and Tremere.

Keir Wrote:SE has confirmed, however, that there are more playable jobs than what they've released so far. They wanted to release most of the craft jobs first to get the economy going, then release more DOW, DOM jobs.

Yeah I thought I read something about them releasing more classes later on. I really hope Sam is one of them. I just wonder if its going to be before or after ps3 release, I guess only time will tell.

Re: Is this rumor or fact? - Noelle - 08-31-2010

That's pretty cruel.

Showing off the pistols in the benchmark, then saying "ho ho! but you only get to play with sticks and stones when you buy it!"

Those dirty scoundrels!

[Image: final-fantasy-xiv-online-20090602031108796_640w.jpg]

What makes me think a Samurai could be in the game later too is this pic. The female on the bottom left is holding what looks like a big Katana or Great Katana so I'm praying Sam comes out :cheer:

Re: Is this rumor or fact? - Tadir - 08-31-2010

That's just the style. He does the same thing with most swords. For example:

[Image: Celes_FFVI.jpg]

Celes doesn't use a katana. It is just drawn curved.

I'm not saying that a Sam style job won't be introduced, or that katanas won't be in the game. I fully believe they will be. I'm just pointing out that the sword in the image could very easily be any type.

Tadir Wrote:That's just the style. He does the same thing with most swords. For example:

[Image: Celes_FFVI.jpg]

Celes doesn't use a katana. It is just drawn curved.

I'm not saying that a Sam style job won't be introduced, or that katanas won't be in the game. I fully believe they will be. I'm just pointing out that the sword in the image could very easily be any type.

If you ask me that looks more like a Scimitar or perhaps a Khopesh, not a katana.

Re: Is this rumor or fact? - Asyria - 08-31-2010

Definitely a scimitar. Too curved for a sabre or katane and not the right kinda guard for either of those.
Not a kopesh for sure though, those are weirder. Tongue

The girl on that lower left corner does look like she's holding a katana, though. The guard matches.