Hydaelyn Role-Players
A little mobile fun to waste some time - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: A little mobile fun to waste some time (/showthread.php?tid=4994)

A little mobile fun to waste some time - elisan - 10-10-2013

If you haven't heard of it yet; and you have an Android phone with interwebs..check out Ingress in the Google Play store.

The gist of it - aliens have secretly invaded. Mankind has fallen into two factions. The Enlightened who seek to use the alien tech, et al to make humans "better" and the Resistance, who obviously, want to keep mankind safe from alien mind control. You choose a side and then it's a great big world wide mobile game of capture the flag meets competitive Foursquare. I will warn you now, it's addicting. Lots of fun though - Do eeeeet!

PS: Viva la Resistance!

RE: A little mobile fun to waste some time - Olofantur - 10-10-2013

Ingress is an excellent Augmented reality game

But it seems you have a misconception, we Enlightened seek to enhance humanity as they desire, offering tools to the people to improve themselves.

The Resistance simply don't understand that we aren't forcing them to conform to our standards, we just don't want them in the way of our own goals.

Perhaps you're just a little low on XM, if you'd like to return after you've charged up near a portal or two we could continue to discuss the advantages of utilizing technology that will exist regardless of our desire to have it.

Propaganda spouting aside, love the game, makes the walks around work and jogging all the more interesting. Also, be careful if you have a low data plan, this uses fairly regular pull downs and near constant GPS.

RE: A little mobile fun to waste some time - elisan - 10-10-2013

It is data heavy yes - I didn't think of that - good warning Smile even if it did come from a *cough*brainwashed*cough* green agent. 
Teasing aside, seriously - it's a terribly fun addiction. My hubs and I just started playing in our area and have managed to suck in 5 (so far) of our friends and family thus far...it's also a great excuse to get out and move and see local points of interest in your community (museums, artwork, parks, historical sites) that have been tagged with "portals".

RE: A little mobile fun to waste some time - taroldleme010 - 10-16-2013

As we know for different people they use different kinds of mobile phone signals. Just as the people around you like your friends, your colleagues, your family members and so on, they may use the different mobile phone signals as now there are various mobile phone signals from different companies and of which the frequency bands are also different such as the CDMA, GSM, DCS, PCS, 3G, 4G LTE and 4G Wimax. So in different conditions and circumstances people are in need of the phone jammers that of different frequency bands. But if people are in great need of a phone jammer via which they can decide the jamming frequency bands what kind of device should they choose? Of course, the adjustable phone jammer is the best for them in such condition.

RE: A little mobile fun to waste some time - elisan - 10-16-2013

I have no idea what this has to do with Ingress? o.0