Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Journal] Requiem <Lost River's> (OOC Welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [Journal] Requiem <Lost River's> (OOC Welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=5075)

[Journal] Requiem <Lost River's> (OOC Welcome) - Lost River - 10-15-2013

Act 0: Awakening

Five years. Five years ago marks the day that I died. Poisoned by my self-hatred, blinded by rage; defeated. Swallowed into myself, the walls of life closed in and spilled into the abyss; but no, that was not the end. A dark flame flicked among the swirling chasm of the yawning abyss: Her.

Hand outstretched, inviting, a dark silhouette of a woman holding out, full of mirth but of non-place, offering solace from the end. "Come, take my hand." she paused, "For we shall dance in the darkness." The woman offers, pitifully I latch to the palm, accepting her within.

Blinding light, dark fury; a paradox of elements as a whirlwind of carnage surrounds the self, licking the flesh, purging the sin in replace of a greater one. Among the wreckage, surrounded by figures flash froze in soot; of ash. Friends, enemies, loved ones; all perfectly stilled, as if stuck in time; their action, their passion stolen and preserved.

Look upon the one I loved, the one I hate; the one I lost that day. Burned, battered. My solus: His Arcanum Magicka, grimoire. Plucked from his very hands; crumbled into nothingness, scattered across the wind. That was the day that I died.

RE: [Journal] Requiem <Lost River's> (OOC Welcome) - Lost River - 12-05-2013

Act 1: Remorse [Part 1]

To think, I did all of this for power, in it's end I found a justification to the means as one would say. But was it truly worth it? Was it truly worth the sacrifice? That, that is something I haven't been able to find out.

Many beautiful things; now torn desolate despair, a lost garden of death and decay is all that surrounds. Such bleak environments made available at my utmost inner desire. Why does 'she' wish for this? Finding it hard to keep control, never again will I call on that power, I must search for the light even if it will leave me scarred, burned, dead. 

Using their own methods against their own, I must find someone to use as a starting point, I hope they can forgive me... and if not, please let them have patience for me to complete my task before striking me down; I will offer no resistance, it is only befitting to the sin I have lain strewn across this world.

If any do so read this once I am gone; do not take pity upon me, do not feel anger in my actions; no, I implore you, use this as a cautionary tale, one of not to do; do not dabble in things you have no control over, for no person should control that much power. No one.

RE: [Journal] Requiem <Lost River's> (OOC Welcome) - Knight Kat - 12-05-2013

Very poetic and well-written. Seems to convey tragedy, desperation and sadness?

But I don't know what's going on. Time to re-read with my critical thinking hat.

RE: [Journal] Requiem <Lost River's> (OOC Welcome) - Aurelie Eleveur - 12-06-2013

Lost River needs a friend!

<Points to Yuri.>

RE: [Journal] Requiem <Lost River's> (OOC Welcome) - Lost River - 12-06-2013

{Here's a hint. It happens during the fateful battle. :3 Lost is a 1.0 character}

RE: [Journal] Requiem <Lost River's> (OOC Welcome) - Knight Kat - 12-07-2013

*Knocks on my head* With that hint I get it now. Obviously, I am not a 1.0 player.