Hydaelyn Role-Players
RP Server Inquiry - Faerie - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RP Server Inquiry - Faerie (/showthread.php?tid=5099)

RP Server Inquiry - Faerie - PhoenixJC - 10-16-2013

Just to let you guys know.  There is a semi-strong RP community growing on Faerie.  It came about during the launch of FFXIV: ARR because Gilgamesh kept getting locked down.

I don't know how the policies work here yet, but it may be a good idea to mention it formally as an alternative.

Either that, or get all the RP folk there to get their arses onto Gilgamesh/Balmung!  Wink

RE: RP Server Inquiry - Faerie - Olofantur - 10-16-2013

Hello Phoenix,

If you have a moment I would suggest taking a look at the thread discussing RP servers.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3805

The short of it is that Balmung and Gilgamesh will remain as the supported servers for the RPC in the foreseeable future. (for a myriad of reasons, none among them invalidating others choices, but rather emphasizing long term prevention of community fragmenting.)

While I wasn't a key person in the discussion i'll do my best to answer any follow up questions you have.

Good luck and good hunting!

RE: RP Server Inquiry - Faerie - PhoenixJC - 10-16-2013

Olofantur,

Thanks for the response!  We'll need to stick to plan B then and try to pull all of them over to Gilgamesh and/or Balmung.

RE: RP Server Inquiry - Faerie - Olofantur - 10-16-2013

No problem,

please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'll also be on Balmung for most of the eve' if you'd prefer to message me there.

Best of luck with your friends.

RE: RP Server Inquiry - Faerie - griever - 10-17-2013

it will be difficult as Balmung is a legacy server and Gilgamesh is the reddit server. lol

RE: RP Server Inquiry - Faerie - Faye - 10-17-2013

(10-17-2013, 06:35 AM)griever Wrote: it will be difficult as Balmung is a legacy server and Gilgamesh is the reddit server. lol

I haven't run into any issues with Balmung due to it being a Legacy server, and though I've heard differing accounts, plenty of people have told me that Gilgamesh doesn't have any more trolling or stupidity than any other server. At any rate, both will have better and larger RP communities than Faerie, and it's not exactly useful to split the RP community up into a third location for no reason. Not that I'm saying people can't RP on other servers--just that it would be silly for the site to support, advocate, and coordinate it.

RE: RP Server Inquiry - Faerie - Olofantur - 10-17-2013

(10-17-2013, 06:47 AM)Faye Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 06:35 AM)griever Wrote: it will be difficult as Balmung is a legacy server and Gilgamesh is the reddit server. lol

I haven't run into any issues with Balmung due to it being a Legacy server, and though I've heard differing accounts, plenty of people have told me that Gilgamesh doesn't have any more trolling or stupidity than any other server. At any rate, both will have better and larger RP communities than Faerie, and it's not exactly useful to split the RP community up into a third location for no reason. Not that I'm saying people can't RP on other servers--just that it would be silly for the site to support, advocate, and coordinate it.

Hello again Griever,

Just to expand on a point of Fayes', Faerie is not the only server with a group of roleplayers either, during the Beta server lock downs and again early in release, many scattered and it would take an amazing amount of time and effort to create, formalize and organize communities in some dozen and a half servers outside of these two. Just hoping to provide a bit of background information.

Any luck making the transfer?

@Faye- Sasanek says hello, evidently ran into you in Gridania.

(10-17-2013, 10:33 AM)Olofantur Wrote: @Faye- Sasanek says hello, evidently ran into you in Gridania.

Who? I don't remember meeting anyone by that name ;_; But tell him/her I said hello!

RE: RP Server Inquiry - Faerie - Olofantur - 10-17-2013

(10-17-2013, 10:54 AM)Faye Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 10:33 AM)Olofantur Wrote: @Faye- Sasanek says hello, evidently ran into you in Gridania.

Who? I don't remember meeting anyone by that name ;_; But tell him/her I said hello!

Now I have a dejected Lalafellen roleplayer sitting next to me... I'll have to get him a Chai Latte at lunch or something T_T

(10-17-2013, 11:01 AM)Olofantur Wrote: Now I had a dejected Lalafellen roleplayer sitting next to me... I'll have to get him a Chai Latte at lunch or something T_T

A Lalafell, maybe that's the problem! Was he so short I overlooked him? Tongue I could go for a chai latte myself.