Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings Roleplayers! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings Roleplayers! (/showthread.php?tid=5117)

Greetings Roleplayers! - Sophia_Grave - 10-17-2013

Hey everyone!

I'm commonly known on the internet as Apl, and I'm overjoyed to hear that my favorite MMO has a healthy roleplaying scene! I've been doing forum-based Roleplay for quite some time, but I'm hoping to test the water with RP in an actual MMO. My main is out on the Marlboro server which, I'm sad to say, has next to no roleplayers at all :( But! I just made a character on the Balmung server and I'm glad to already see the Adventurer's Guilds filled with RP'ers! I'm psyched to get started, so I'll get back to leveling for the airship/chocobo.

For now, if anyone sees Sophia Grave around the Gridinia area, be sure to give me a nod!

RE: Greetings Roleplayers! - Olofantur - 10-17-2013

Greetings!

Good to see you've already started a character and are on the way to opening up the world. As a note, there's a smattering of Forum RP here as well, mostly in the vein of journals, side story lines or events, but lots happening in game too so you can balance to fit your style.

Hope to see you in game, please ask and questions and voice any concerns you might have, take a moment to poke around the linkshell hall to see what organizations you might be interested in interacting with etc.

To Eorzea! Chocobo

RE: Greetings Roleplayers! - Sophia_Grave - 10-17-2013

Thanks for the warm welcome, Olofantur!

There was one thing I forgot to mention in my OP. When I happened by some RP'ers, I noticed they were using what looked like custom emotes. I imagine that's some kind of command or macro; is there a thread or link to somewhere I can read up on that kind of thing? Like I said, I'm usually a forum RP'er, so that sort of thing is new ground for me. Thanks!

(10-17-2013, 10:55 AM)Apl_J Wrote: Thanks for the warm welcome, Olofantur!

There was one thing I forgot to mention in my OP. When I happened by some RP'ers, I noticed they were using what looked like custom emotes. I imagine that's some kind of command or macro; is there a thread or link to somewhere I can read up on that kind of thing? Like I said, I'm usually a forum RP'er, so that sort of thing is new ground for me. Thanks!

No problem!

they were likely using

/em the "emote" macro, if I for example used

/em sighed and flicked the top of his cup sending it spinnin yadda yadda-

it would show up as

Quarimar Baenund sighed and flicked the top

in the light blue, font of normal emotes.

there's also

/say
/shout (usually for trading or reviving in a zone)
/yell (not usually used except for urgent commands like in raids)
/linkshell1(-9) so you can chat in the private channel
/fc (To talk to your free company)

There will also be a small "emote" button (looks like a person shrugging) along with the inventory, armory chest and other red dot buttons in game that have all the "/" emotes listed.

Hope that helps!

RE: Greetings Roleplayers! - Sophia_Grave - 10-17-2013

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Whelp,

Let me know if you're unsure about anything else!