Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for a good-aligned early evening FC! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for a good-aligned early evening FC! (/showthread.php?tid=5135)

[Balmung] Looking for a good-aligned early evening FC! - Vairemont Malveaux - 10-18-2013

Hey!

So! I'm on the lookout for an RP FC (or Linkshell!) with a generally good-aligned theme (less evil, not so much thieves, conspirators or sell swords) with a player base active in the late afternoon and early evening. My job prevents me from taking part in late night guilds, which seems to be the majority on Balmung. An FC or LS that's active earlier our throughout the day would fit my schedule much better. I'm at CST/CDT, by the way.

I'm also into very heavy, serious, and involved RP, especially where it concerns game lore. Anything that stretches the story beyond what seems to fit in FFXIV is simply not within my style. I've given the list on RPC a lookover, but I'm having a hard time finding precisely what I'm looking for.

Oh, and Lament, don't worry. I'm definitely interested in your LS. ^_^

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

RE: [Balmung] Looking for a good-aligned early evening FC! - Jomoru - 10-18-2013

Maybe if you gave timezone it would help> what's evening for one is mornign for others.

RE: [Balmung] Looking for a good-aligned early evening FC! - Vairemont Malveaux - 10-18-2013

I did in fact! It's the CST/CDT that's listed above, kinda got lost in all the words. I always call it Central Standard Time (GMT-6) but apparently we're in CDT now. That acronym just looks weird.

RE: [Balmung] Looking for a good-aligned early evening FC! - Taeh Niumoenwyn - 10-19-2013

Can I suggest you consider European based Linkshells and Free Companys.

There is an OOC Linkshell - Europa

If you like a lot of RP with your PvE I'd also recommend The Travellers Guild.

Hope this helps.

RE: [Balmung] Looking for a good-aligned early evening FC! - Lament - 10-19-2013

Oh psh, no worries! I'm actually about to get daylight savings (tomorrow) and you're about to have it end, so we'll end up being 2 more hours apart (I think 4 hours total?)... and I'll be around earlier, for you. It works. Instead of 9 PM EST I'll be online around 7 PM EST or so.

And besides, more RP is always good in my book. Branch away!

RE: [Balmung] Looking for a good-aligned early evening FC! - Nebbs - 10-19-2013

(10-19-2013, 09:47 AM)Taeh Marchand Wrote: Can I suggest you consider European based Linkshells and Free Companys.

There is an OOC Linkshell - Europa

If you like a lot of RP with your PvE I'd also recommend The Travellers Guild.

Hope this helps.

I was going to suggest the same. TTG is where I am at so I am biased.

RE: [Balmung] Looking for a good-aligned early evening FC! - Vairemont Malveaux - 10-19-2013

That's a frighteningly good idea.

Oddly enough I had passed over Europa FCs thinking, "I'm not European! I'd never fit in!" Ignoring the fact that the first mmo I ever roleplayed in was Ultima Online on a server actually CALLED Europa, and I adjusted to the GMT clock and their schedule just fine.

Additionally my overnight job and requisite nocturnal sleep schedule makes my availability similar to most western Europeans.

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I've found an FC that I'll fit into. After I posted this thread, I had an FC leader PM me and we've already been talking. I was pleasantly surprised.

I've been more of a lurker around here since I joined, but this community seems so friendly and open, more than most RP communities seem to be, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

RE: [Balmung] Looking for a good-aligned early evening FC! - Faye - 10-19-2013

Hello there! Harbingers of Dawn would be happy to have you! We're a good-aligned, med-heavy RP free company (along with an IC linkshell) dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. We just try to stick to and incorporate FFXIV lore into our plots. We're usually fairly active in the afternoons and evenings.

RE: [Balmung] Looking for a good-aligned early evening FC! - Vairemont Malveaux - 10-19-2013

Hi Faye. I'm Veyer. Wink

RE: [Balmung] Looking for a good-aligned early evening FC! - Faye - 10-19-2013

(10-19-2013, 02:47 PM)Larsonient Wrote: Hi Faye. I'm Veyer. Wink

Psh, well see? Perfect. Tongue