Hydaelyn Role-Players
Racial Starting Stats - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Racial Starting Stats (/showthread.php?tid=514)

Pages: 1 2

Racial Starting Stats - Nbokkri - 09-02-2010

Male & Females are the same state wise.

All races start with 90 attribute points and 90 elemental points
-Considering you get 4 for each for your first level any differences at higher levels are pretty negligible.
The highest difference between two people possible with same point load out is 6. Starting stats for this reason are more than likely purely cosmetic (unless 6 points makes a large difference at higher levels).

The function of DEX and Meta-Stats is mostly unknown
-Acc, eva, parry, block, crit, and ranged damage would be a lot for one stat and right now Dex is the only real candidate to directly effect them. Physical accuracy and possibly ranged damage are probably the only safe bets at this point if compared to it's magic equivalent (Str - Int, Vit - Mind, Dex - Piety).
-I have a feeling the meta-stats are wrapped more into your current job than based on the main stats. See HP and MP.

There are no stated or noted bonuses for Birthday choice or Guardian god.

HP and MP is believed to be a function of Physical Level and current job

Midlander:
Str:16 Lightning:15
Vit:15 Wind:15
Dex:14 Water:16
Int:16 Ice:13
Mind:13 Earth:15
Piety:16 Fire:16

Highlander:
Str:18 Lightning:18
Vit:17 Wind:14
Dex:15 Water:13
Int:13 Ice:16
Mind:15 Earth:14
Piety:12 Fire:15

Wildwood:
Str:14 Lightning:14
Vit:13 Wind:18
Dex:18 Water:15
Int:17 Ice:14
Mind:12 Earth:17
Piety:16 Fire:12

Duskwight:
Str: 15 Lightning:15
Vit:14 Wind:12
Dex:15 Water:16
Int:18 Ice:16
Mind:15 Earth:17
Piety:13 Fire:14

Plainsfolk:
Str:13 Lightning: 17
Vit:13 Wind:15
Dex:17 Water:15
Int:16 Ice:13
Mind:15 Earth:16
Piety:16 Fire:14

Dunesfolk:
Str:12 Lightning:15
Vit:12 Wind:16
Dex:15 Water:12
Int:16 Ice:12
Mind:17 Earth:18
Piety:18 Fire:17

Seekers:
Str:16 Lightning:12
Vit:15 Wind:13
Dex:17 Water:17
Int:13 Ice:15
Mind:14 Earth:15
Piety:15 Fire:18

Keepers:
Str:13 Lightning:16
Vit:12 Wind:15
Dex:16 Water:14
Int:14 Ice:18
Mind:18 Earth:14
Piety:17 Fire:13

Sea Wolf:
Str:17 Lightning:13
Vit:18 Wind:17
Dex:13 Water:18
Int:12 Ice:17
Mind:16 Earth:12
Piety:14 Fire:13

Hellsguard:
Str:15 Lightning:14
Vit:16 Wind:16
Dex:12 Water:15
Int:15 Ice:14
Mind:17 Earth:13
Piety:15 Fire:18

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Tagyr - 09-02-2010

Ah, so there IS some starting difference. Was thinking they removed all that and just had race choice for asthetics. Luckily my choice of hellguard does come with some Int and stuff to make the caster I want.

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Satisiun - 09-02-2010

Couple thoughts:

-Looks like Wildwood Elezen are more in line with your average, traditional elves instead of FFXI Elvaan, based off the 'eh' Strength/Vitality but above average Dexterity and Intelligence.

-Is it just me, or does it seem odd that Roegadyn that have spent their lives as pirates and on the sea have a higher Strength stat than Roegadyn that come from the firey depths of mountains?

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Rhio - 09-02-2010

Doesn't look nearly as bad as in FFXI, though. With ~5 points per level, your ending distribution for an "off" race will wind up just being a couple of points, fairly insignificant in the long term.

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Tagyr - 09-02-2010

The Hellsguard apparently pursue other things apart from strength. They supposably have a Monastic side so they have a higher int/mind/piety then the Seawolves.

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Nbokkri - 09-02-2010

If anyone could grab level 1 HP and MP when they create a character let me know! Include starting discipline and race. To get the level 1 stats you might have to check them before the "intro" battle between the beginning cutscenes.

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Noelle - 09-02-2010

Oh~

These are nice! thanks for posting them up, it's really interesting to see how they're all different!

Chuffed to bits that the starting stats of the Keeper fit my character quite well!

Edit: just looking and comparing, noted that Keepers are as strong and as enduring as the midgets.
how embarrassing. Also spelling correction =_=

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Nbokkri - 09-02-2010

Added some general notes to the top

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Asyria - 09-02-2010

Keepers are more magic? D'oh! >.<

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Tyme - 09-04-2010

There was a post a while back on the beta forums that tested some stats.

DEX was proven to have no effect on accuracy itself; it just lowered the enemy's evasion chance. There is a distinct difference in game between evade and miss. Your accuracy is based on your weapon: every weapon has an accuracy stat. Dex also increases parry rate but doesn't increase evasion. Evasion is attached to armor.

Edit: Forgot to mention that DEX was also shown to increase Crit chance.

It was believed that strength increased all DoW attack power, but whether or not that is different for Archer has yet to be determined. I didn't see any hard evidence either way in the beta forums.

All this information is only current as of closed beta 3... whether or not it has changed in open or will in release is currently a mystery to me.

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Zyanya - 09-04-2010

Asyria Wrote:Keepers are more magic? D'oh! >.<

Lunar powers and all that, I suppose. Smile

I agree with you though... d'oh is the word.

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Tagyr - 09-04-2010

Sailor Moon Kitty powers activate!

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Asyria - 09-04-2010

Tyme Wrote:There was a post a while back on the beta forums that tested some stats.

DEX was proven to have no effect on accuracy itself; it just lowered the enemy's evasion chance. There is a distinct difference in game between evade and miss. Your accuracy is based on your weapon: every weapon has an accuracy stat. Dex also increases parry rate but doesn't increase evasion. Evasion is attached to armor.

Edit: Forgot to mention that DEX was also shown to increase Crit chance.

It was believed that strength increased all DoW attack power, but whether or not that is different for Archer has yet to be determined. I didn't see any hard evidence either way in the beta forums.

All this information is only current as of closed beta 3... whether or not it has changed in open or will in release is currently a mystery to me.

Hmmm... the Book of SomethingorOther from the Aetheryte says that DEX is Physical Accuracy. If it's not... it sucks that they'd have that information in the game.
I have no issue with it getting Crit Chances up and enemy Evasion down, though. Just as good. False explanations are bad, though.

Also Tagyr, I hate you now. ^^;

Re: Racial Starting Stats - Gerick - 09-04-2010

Tagyr Wrote:Sailor Moon Kitty powers activate!
:cat: :approve:

Re: Racial Starting Stats - foxfirestorm - 09-04-2010

Tagyr Wrote:Sailor Moon Kitty powers activate!

There is no skirt on Koti. There will never be a skirt on Koti. And she claw you for putting her in a skirt.

No she is more of the "Elizabeth" type, chasing pirates of grand adventures..
and a Seeker of the Moon who says, "STFU MAGIC!!!"