Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to FFXIV, looking to make connections on Balmung - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to FFXIV, looking to make connections on Balmung (/showthread.php?tid=5193)

New to FFXIV, looking to make connections on Balmung - Mojo Jojo - 10-21-2013

Hello, everyone! My name is Mojo Jojo. You can call me Mojo, and my character name is Jojo. I am ready to have a bizarre adventure! (Kudos to those who get the reference)

I was invited to Balmung by a RL friend and managed to get my buddies to come with me. We all moved over and I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it was considered one of the "unofficial RP servers", as my Free Company said.

It turned out that our Free Company, Sun Down was looking for someone to help administrate the growing interest of RP. I proved myself to be passionate and knowledgeable that despite being new blood, I was worth giving a shot at running things, so here I am, thrown into the Arena!

I am looking to meet with other role players, especially leaders of linkshells and free companies to coordinate role playing events with. Our post for our linkshell can be found here. While this post is more focused on recruitment, feel free to check it out to see what we are about. I would love to establish Alliances with other linkshells and Free Companies.

If you have any suggestions for a new player and what I can do as an administrator of this RP LS, please let me know! I was entrusted with this LS, and I want to do what I can for the members of it so that they may have the best experience possible.

Thank you!

RE: New to FFXIV, looking to make connections on Balmung - Olofantur - 10-21-2013

Greetings You evil evil monkey,

Cool to see that your FC is interested in some Roleplay! While I can't suggest any Linkshells off the bat you might be able to talk to about collaboration (being a terminal hermit.) I can say that they are by and large a friendly bunch and a simple PM here will likely get you a response before too long.

If you have the chance please recommend the RPC to your fellow Free Company RP interested members, always good to mix a few more people into the pot, and they can ask question, poke around the threads, maybe throw a character profile up on the wiki (which I highly suggest taking a look at if you want to know a bit more about a particular person or group.) There is of course also the Calendar which will provide a list of events!

A tip on organizing a linkshell? Hrm, well you can hardly go amiss by selecting strong and consistent officers, obvious I know, but moving forward they can help with all manner of coordination. I've always been a fan of "guild meetings" in previous games. We were a fairly large group so we did it once a month for all members, not mandatory, and then a officers that was also monthly, alternating on every second weekend. It might seem a bit much, and while a community is small i'm sure it can be forgone, but over the course of two and a half years it helped (or at least felt like it did) provide a sense of more "grand" involvement even for people who aren't the most vocal. Just food for thought.

Best of luck with your recruiting, please feel free to ask any questions or voice any concerns you might have!

RE: New to FFXIV, looking to make connections on Balmung - Mojo Jojo - 10-21-2013

Hello Olofantur! A pleasure to meet you!

As it turns out the role players we have that are currently active have actually been a part of this community for some time and decided not to tell me about it. =P So it sounds like we already moving in the right direction.

As I am not the only officer, I believe I should arrange to meet with the other officers and make sure we are all on the same page and that we keep each other updated as to what is going on with the role play within the linkshell / FC as well as what we are doing to participate in the community. 

You mentioned contacting someone to see if I can collaborate with them, but I believe you failed to actually name them. =P Your sentence appears to just skip over where the name should be.

Thank you for your help! It is much appreciated.

RE: New to FFXIV, looking to make connections on Balmung - Olofantur - 10-21-2013

Oh twelve, good catch, I totally slipped up there.

I'd suggest speaking with and coordinating with (if not becoming a member of)
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1902
Xenedra is the leader of the linkshell and it covers OOC for a large portion of RPC members, here would be a good place to pitch ad-hoc events or check for any group leaders that might be interested in collaboration.

You could of course PM the leaders or post on the linkshell directory posts themselves as another avenue of contact.

Hope that helps! if you're on tonight past 7PM EST feel free to message me if you'd like/need to talk.

RE: New to FFXIV, looking to make connections on Balmung - Mojo Jojo - 10-21-2013

I will be on post 9PM EST tonight in order to start arranging some details regarding our first official LS RP meeting. I would be more than happy to talk to you as well. I may have some questions if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks again for your help!

(10-21-2013, 05:01 PM)Mojo Jojo Wrote: I will be on post 9PM EST tonight in order to start arranging some details regarding our first official LS RP meeting. I would be more than happy to talk to you as well. I may have some questions if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks again for your help!

/salute

Happy to be of service.

RE: New to FFXIV, looking to make connections on Balmung - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-21-2013

Welcome!

Congratulations on being able to have a chance to admin what sounds like a really nice Linkshell! I read over the directory page-- but I'm afraid I may have missed it... Which city is the Sun Down Tavern meant to be outside of? Because if it just so happens to be in Ul'dah, I'd be happy to have some Grindstone members go in and start a few bar brawls.

I go to the Coffin and Coffer sometimes but have yet to decide on a place to frequent with Siobhain. I fear it might not be in Thanalan though-- which is kind of our base of operations, but maybe we could do something about getting out to another area once in a while. We aim to do it with our tournaments eventually.

(10-21-2013, 05:05 PM)Siobhain Wrote: Welcome!

Congratulations on being able to have a chance to admin what sounds like a really nice Linkshell! I read over the directory page-- but I'm afraid I may have missed it... Which city is the Sun Down Tavern meant to be outside of? Because if it just so happens to be in Ul'dah, I'd be happy to have some Grindstone members go in and start a few bar brawls.

I go to the Coffin and Coffer sometimes but have yet to decide on a place to frequent with Siobhain. I fear it might not be in Thanalan though-- which is kind of our base of operations, but maybe we could do something about getting out to another area once in a while. We aim to do it with our tournaments eventually.
Hello Siobhain! It is a pleasure to meet you!

At this time due to the majority of Role Players aligning with Limsa Lominsa, it is assumed that the Tavern is present either in or around the La Noscea area. We are still working on some of these details, which is why we will be holding our first formal meeting this Saturday, October 26, to establish some of the details that are currently missing or obscure.

As for Jojo, he is currently stationed as a member of the Maelstrom's Foreign Levy at the port in Vesper Bay. He has been self teaching himself pugilism, but he may be looking for a mentor to help him unleash his potential in the martial art. I understand your character might be the one to get him to the right place. =D

Thank you for your interest! I hope to meet you soon and to be able to provide you with more details regarding our peaceful little linkshell.

RE: New to FFXIV, looking to make connections on Balmung - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 10-21-2013

(10-21-2013, 05:12 PM)Mojo Jojo Wrote:
(10-21-2013, 05:05 PM)Siobhain Wrote: Welcome!

Hello Siobhain! It is a pleasure to meet you!

At this time due to the majority of Role Players aligning with Limsa Lominsa, it is assumed that the Tavern is present either in or around the La Noscea area. We are still working on some of these details, which is why we will be holding our first formal meeting this Saturday, October 26, to establish some of the details that are currently missing or obscure.

As for Jojo, he is currently stationed as a member of the Maelstrom's Foreign Levy at the port in Vesper Bay. He has been self teaching himself pugilism, but he may be looking for a mentor to help him unleash his potential in the martial art. I understand your character might be the one to get him to the right place. =D

Thank you for your interest! I hope to meet you soon and to be able to provide you with more details regarding our peaceful little linkshell.

Actually Limsa Lominsa is great! Siobhain is taking a short break from the Grindstone in order to regain some of her health so she and her partner are 'vacationing' in La Noscea (traveling is a bit difficult for her right now due to the state of her health so rather than just appearing here or there it takes a day or so to go as far as La Noscea in game). Maybe I can extend that vacation to after the 26th for the greater good of establishing some solid, friendly relations. Though the GS is in Ul'dah I have been considering moving the tournaments around from time to time, as I've said, so maybe there is something we can do with your Tavern.

Vesper Bay is also a good area as I may start going there more often ICly. We definitely have enough pugilists to get you on the right track and Siobhain is well acquainted with the one that has offered to teach others thus far. She'd surely be able to help out in that regard.

I'll be happy to arrange a meeting with you sometime! I know I have a lot to do tonight but I think tomorrow I'll have more free time. I'm excited about a tavern. While there are a few already, this one clicks with me, if that makes any sense. Though I really do have to look up IC work in Ul'dah for the FC members. =3=

(10-21-2013, 05:31 PM)Siobhain Wrote: Actually Limsa Lominsa is great! Siobhain is taking a short break from the Grindstone in order to regain some of her health so she and her partner are 'vacationing' in La Noscea (traveling is a bit difficult for her right now due to the state of her health so rather than just appearing here or there it takes a day or so to go as far as La Noscea in game). Maybe I can extend that vacation to after the 26th for the greater good of establishing some solid, friendly relations. Though the GS is in Ul'dah I have been considering moving the tournaments around from time to time, as I've said, so maybe there is something we can do with your Tavern.

Vesper Bay is also a good area as I may start going there more often ICly. We definitely have enough pugilists to get you on the right track and Siobhain is well acquainted with the one that has offered to teach others thus far. She'd surely be able to help out in that regard.

I'll be happy to arrange a meeting with you sometime! I know I have a lot to do tonight but I think tomorrow I'll have more free time. I'm excited about a tavern. While there are a few already, this one clicks with me, if that makes any sense. Though I really do have to look up IC work in Ul'dah for the FC members. =3=
Fantastic! I will be certain to make contact with you in game so that we may arrange something that best suits the both of our schedules. I am very excited and look forward to interacting with you. =D Thank you!

Our tavern is going to rely very heavily on community interaction. It was an idea that I fostered from the requests of the other role players and admins of the linkshell. They thought it was very ambitious, and would like to see it come to fruition. The more people we encourage to come and visit, the more it will thrive in the way we want it to be: the resting place, the siesta of adventure, the port of new adventures, and most important of all, a hub for where legends begin and storied heroes are born.