Hydaelyn Role-Players
New Servers! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Servers! (/showthread.php?tid=533)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

New Servers! - Trine - 09-03-2010

Not that it matters anymore, but apparently there are 5 new servers afoot!

Rabanastre, Bodhum, Melmond, Palamecia, Selbina they be called. Strange... I don't remember any of those towns o.O Let's see... Melmond is from FF1, Rabanastre is from XII, which is why I don't recognize it (because I never played much of that one), Bodhum is from XIII, same applies. Oooo I remember Selbina now, that one was in XI duh!

Re: New Servers! - Alevra - 09-03-2010

Question: In launch, if one server has [RP] marked? Do we go there or stick with Besaid? :bounce:

Re: New Servers! - BloodHecate - 09-03-2010

Show Content

I don't know what those other servers are, but they can't be worse than Besaid.
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought that into this thread as well. It's in spoilers now.

I'm excited to hear about new servers, not that it'll do me any good.
Alevra Wrote:Question: In launch, if one server has [RP] marked? Do we go there or stick with Besaid? :bounce:
From what I read, it appears that an RP designed server would take precedence over the vote.

Re: New Servers! - Trine - 09-03-2010

Yeah, that's my understanding too. Wow... the game is suddenly unbearable laggy. I wonder why... Sad

Re: New Servers! - Kylin - 09-03-2010

Love how they had to wait until RIGHT after our server vote Laugh

Re: New Servers! - Folken - 09-03-2010

I hope this calls for a re-vote or something.

Although it might be best to wait until a couple days before release. As chances are they're going to keep adding more servers as they let in more people for the Open Beta.

EDIT: So like, stick with Besaid for now, but then closer to release hold a re-vote. (Gives people a chance to remake characters to save names if they're worried about that)

Re: New Servers! - Kylin - 09-03-2010

Unless there's a huge call for a revote before release, I don't see it happening. It would only potentially splinter the community, which is something we definitely want to avoid. Not to mention, our decision is now advertised on the front page of Eorzeapedia, Core, and soon Zam. So a revote would cause mass confusion >.>;

Re: New Servers! - Tadir - 09-03-2010

Remember guys, it's just a name. It has nothing to do with the content of the server.

Re: New Servers! - Jakky - 09-03-2010

I agree. Unless SE give us an official RP server, fussing over the one we've chosen just because of its name is pointless hair-splitting.

[size=xx-smal]Although admittedly, I would have liked Selbina. I loved the music, and you can rearrange the letters to spell 'lesbian'.[/size]

Re: New Servers! - Vareal - 09-03-2010

Trine Wrote:Not that it matters anymore, but apparently there are 5 new servers afoot!

Rabanastre, Bodhum, Melmond, Palamecia, Selbina they be called. Strange... I don't remember any of those towns o.O Let's see... Melmond is from FF1, Rabanastre is from XII, which is why I don't recognize it (because I never played much of that one), Bodhum is from XIII, same applies. Oooo I remember Selbina now, that one was in XI duh!

Isn't Palamecia VIII or IX?

Re: New Servers! - Rhio - 09-03-2010

Personally, I'm happy that the decision has been made. No revote! No revote! Let the results stand!

I would have liked to be on Rabanastre, but that would have required it to be on the list. It wasn't and we're not.

Re: New Servers! - Vareal - 09-03-2010

Rhio Wrote:Personally, I'm happy that the decision has been made. No revote! No revote! Let the results stand!

I would have liked to be on Rabanastre, but that would have required it to be on the list. It wasn't and we're not.

Agreed. Keep it as is. I'd hate to re-re-re-roll Nedral.

Re: New Servers! - foxfirestorm - 09-03-2010

I am actually happy with Besaid, besides, it lets everyone else move around.
We started on Jecht, we stick to FFX!

Re: New Servers! - Tadir - 09-03-2010

The only city I would possibly reroll is Zozo. Personally, I really liked Besaid. I also *gasp* liked 10. I would have been just as happy with any of the cities though. Zozo though...c'mon. It's Zozo.
Best
City
Theme Music
EVER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5eBlwac6U

Re: New Servers! - Tyriont - 09-03-2010

For what it's worth, Palamecia is the empire from FFII. The primary antagonist is the Emperor of Palamecia.