Hydaelyn Role-Players
New Servers! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Servers! (/showthread.php?tid=533)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: New Servers! - Jakky - 09-03-2010

Jones52j Wrote:Re-Vote!

{No thanks.}

Re: New Servers! - Tadir - 09-03-2010

Yeah. I'll pass. The decision was made.

Re: New Servers! - Trizzip - 09-03-2010

For those interested, Selbina is from FFXI. I did much much much RP there back in the day.

Jones52j Wrote:At least your not closed minded. Guys its Open Beta your characters will be deleted. Really look at the servers and be like Besaid. Thats where I wanna be.

You only just made that account, so couldn't have voted in the poll. Why exactly do you want a revote?

This vote wasn't for open beta. It was for our server on release.

Re: New Servers! - Aveline - 09-03-2010

There's about six other server names I would have personally preferred over Besaid, but the name isn't the point. The vote is done so let's keep it that way. :3 Instead of worrying about what name is better, we should be focusing on settling in on Besaid and making it feel homey to ourselves and each other.

Re: New Servers! - Pippa - 09-03-2010

Yep, I'm with all of you guys. Decision has been made, Besaid it is.

I've already begun rounding up my troops to begin rolling on that server - have to make sure we're all together, you know! Tongue

I'm sorry for those of you who hate the name of the server, but it really is just a name. I didn't vote for it, I voted for Lindblum, but Besaid won out.

Plus, Besaid won't be in this game, so for those of you who hated that city well at least you won't have to experience it again here. Smile

Re: New Servers! - foxfirestorm - 09-03-2010

Jones52j Wrote:
Aveline Wrote:There's about six other server names I would have personally preferred over Besaid, but the name isn't the point. The vote is done so let's keep it that way. :3 Instead of worrying about what name is better, we should be focusing on settling in on Besaid and making it feel homey to ourselves and each other.

I know the RP community should just settle thats the thing to do..... well I love to RP and have in every MMO ive ever played but I maid a mistake with the first server I chose in FFXI and I get that same feel from Besaid. So GL there.

1) Thank you for your concerns, but we made our choice.

2) Hopefully you will contribute something to RPC, outside of requesting us to leave, cause I don't see you on the welcome board.

3) Maid = Made

4) Please go tell your comrades who sent you here that this is our final staying point, but again, thank you for your concern and maybe you all will get along with us roleplayers in the end. After all, we are people as well.

Side Note: I am sorry if this comes across gruff or disrespectful, but you did just join today and as where we are going to stay was listed today.. lets just say I am a tad paranoid, but always willing to be proven wrong.

Whichever server we end up on, it will only ever be as good as we, the community, make it. Nothing more, and nothing less. If for whatever reason our server doesn't work out, we will only have ourselves to blame, and not something so trivial as the server name.

The community has chosen Besaid, and I trust the community.

Re: New Servers! - Asyria - 09-03-2010

So it seems that after going with servers with city names from FF 1 to 10 they added names from other FF's then went back to FF1. The next 5 they add will be FF 2 to 6, then. Simple pattern, they won't run out of names quickly that way.

Now if you will allow me, I will put my usual nice and polite personality aside a moment.

SCREW Re-votes!
Just deal with the result!
Srsly!

There, I'm done.

Seriously the only justification for a re-vote would be if Besaid was locked and full before the RPc members could all get in and it caused issues with LS and stuff. -That - would be worth a re-vote, because it would mean a failure of the RPC to pick a RP server.
But even then, even if the worse should happen, I would strongly advise -against- a re-vote.
It should be a simple matter of picking whatever server had a low enough population to allow for all to fit in.

That, however, is my opinion.

The part where I'm not nice and not polite however, I'm pretty sure is the opinion of the majority, correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: New Servers! - shotgunbadger - 09-03-2010

I just can't understand all these "OH GOD NOOOOOO" reactions to Besaid....is it seriously purely because they didn't like it in FFX? I mean, there's no other measure for it, people freaked out over it as soon as it was voted on when the server was about a day old, not like it can have some 'bad rep' or anything.

Damn people...deal with it already.

Re: New Servers! - Eva - 09-03-2010

It's just a name. Honestly, it wasn't my favorite name either. If I could choose I'd probably have gone with Mysidia (<3 FF4), and I'll admit some of the new ones are cool too. The name really isn't important though. What is important is that we're all deciding to go to the server together. The server could be called PinkPixieDust or lolercoaster for all I care, as long as it's where everyone's headed, I'm glad to follow. I think all the talk of a re-vote isn't worth the aggravation. We've got our home server now. Let's make the most of it and start thinking more about our characters and their nuances instead!
Chocobo Chocobo Chocobo Chocobo

A revote isn't really viable now anyway. Besaid has been announced as the Unofficial RP Server on most of the major FFXIV Fan Sites now.

Re: New Servers! - BloodHecate - 09-03-2010

Tadir Wrote:A revote isn't really viable now anyway. Besaid has been announced as the Unofficial RP Server on most of the major FFXIV Fan Sites now.
Feels kind of exciting to be a part of something that has been announced, like that.

I hope that we can do a great job creating an online roleplaying legacy to all of the gaming world.

Re: New Servers! - ArmachiA - 09-03-2010

I do expect to see a ton of Yuna's running around though Tongue

Our choice was made, the nonrp groups that are following us seem happy with the decision, so maybe we should be too Tongue