Hydaelyn Role-Players
New Servers! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Servers! (/showthread.php?tid=533)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: New Servers! - Tadir - 09-03-2010

Can we call them no rp groups instead?

That way they can be Norp.

Re: New Servers! - Trine - 09-04-2010

*sighs* Why do so many conversations seem to devole back to this petty squabbling over servers...? Just let it go and enjoy the beta while you can XP

Re: New Servers! - Zane - 09-05-2010

As far as I know, there were only 2 people on the RPC that were directly effected by the server vote, and neither of them are calling for a re-vote despite not getting their choice. Really no reason to pick another server just because you like "X" name over "Y" name. A lot of us played on Sylph. It wasn't Shiva, or Bahamut, or Odin... It was Sylph, and we loved it.

Server name really doesn't matter. And if it weren't for other factors, I would be there with you.

Re: New Servers! - Trizzip - 09-05-2010

(Courtesy of FF14 News)

Quote:A new server has been added and is available for players to choose from, bringing the total server count to 16:

Saronia – a castle from FF3.
We are also seeing 7 additional servers that are setup as game/world servers, so they are already setup to expand FFXIV to 23 total servers

Re: New Servers! - Freyar - 09-05-2010

I'd love to see a "Gold Saucer" server, just because. But they already have Wutai. Bleh.. stupid Wutai.

Re: New Servers! - Ailia - 09-06-2010

They've apparently added several more:

-Fabul
-Karnak
-Narshe
-Midgar
-Balamb
-Alexandria
-Kilika
-Nashamau
-Balfonheim

I have a question though, if they do for some reason remove Besaid as a server, as they got rid of CB servers, what will RPC do? Hold some emergency vote? Though, with continually adding severs I doubt they will removed OB servers, just a concern.

Re: New Servers! - Tadir - 09-06-2010

Wait...narshe is a server now? Really? Narshe? Why couldn't it have been there before. My computers are named Zozo and Narshe...

Re: New Servers! - Trizzip - 09-06-2010

Back before we even knew that the servers would be city names, I had made a bet that Narshe was going to be a server.

[Image: Narshe.jpg]

I'm going to cry.

Re: New Servers! - Trizzip - 09-06-2010

Tadir Wrote:I'm going to cry.

It's alright Tadir....you and I will go stand out in the rain so they can't see us crying Cry

Re: New Servers! - BloodHecate - 09-06-2010

I don't like Narshe quite as much as Mysidia and Lindblum, but Narshe brings quite nostalgic, proud feelings to mind, as well.

A land of snow and Magicite. And I am dedicated to snow gods.

Re: New Servers! - Aveline - 09-06-2010

Ailia Wrote:They've apparently added several more:

-Fabul
-Karnak
-Narshe
-Midgar
-Balamb
-Alexandria
-Kilika
-Nashamau
-Balfonheim

I have a question though, if they do for some reason remove Besaid as a server, as they got rid of CB servers, what will RPC do? Hold some emergency vote? Though, with continually adding severs I doubt they will removed OB servers, just a concern.

Hiiiiighly unlikely, since they have said that the server you are on in open beta is the server your name will be reserved on at release.

Re: New Servers! - Asyria - 09-06-2010

Freyar Wrote:I'd love to see a "Gold Saucer" server, just because. But they already have Wutai. Bleh.. stupid Wutai.

This goes right alongside Black Mages Village as Server Names That Would Make Me Happy.

Re: New Servers! - River - 09-06-2010

Seriously. Everyone. We've made an announcement, SE knows that we have chosen this server. Please, get over the vote and embrace our server.

This is just idle chat now. We KNOW the announcement was made. I've made plenty of posts to that regard. Now we're just talking about the new server names. No one thinks we should have a revote anymore. Relax.