Hydaelyn Role-Players
New RP'er - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New RP'er (/showthread.php?tid=5374)

New RP'er - Jorsin - 11-06-2013

Hi guys long time MMO vet but new to rp. Looking for a new way to enjoy an MMO. I am a legacy player from FFXI but plan to tie my origins together. I have been playing ARR for a couple weeks and while the game is enjoyable i want a way to expand my enjoyment of that game and will thus be starting over. I guess you could say I am looking for a new LS/FC on a new server.  I will be rolling a Hyur on Balmung.

I don't want to place myself in a FC that follows an already established set of lore like that from The Wheel of Time. As awesome as that is and has lots of room to explore. I want my character's story to come out through gameplay and interaction with others.. I have taken a lot of time to think and write some of it out. I will see you guys on Balmung as Radlauq.

RE: New RP'er - Faye - 11-06-2013

Hey there, I'm always glad to see more people getting into role-play! Good luck getting started and welcome to Balmung! Harbingers of Dawn is good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC and in character LS dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You can read more about us here or check out our site. We would be happy to have you and help you get started on role-playing! Please message me here or in game if you're interested.

RE: New RP'er - Olofantur - 11-06-2013

Welcome to the RPC Jorsin,

If you have a moment, please pop into the control panel for your account and add your character name/server, while not crucial, it helps when offering advice down the road, as well as people to connect the forum face with the in game.

Faye linked to it, but i'll expand on it for a moment, we have a "Linkshell Hall" sorted by server, it lists linkshells and FC's and allows the owner/members to post information as well as having a comments section below where you can ask your own.

If you'd like to know a bit more about some of the players you might meet in the wide world I suggest taking a peek at the Lantern (and IC publication) as well as the Wiki, which hosts a great reservoir of information, among it, character profiles.

As always, feel free to ask any questions you might have, both here and in game.

Hope to see you in Eorzea.

EDIT: OH! totally forgot to add, the Coffer and Coffin will be hosting an event on the 9th, you can see the details on the calendar. Its open to all, a great chance to jaw wag if you like. And the Grindstone also hold tournaments on Saturdays (and wensdays) to the south if you'd like some entertainment or prefer to observe.

RE: New RP'er - Zope - 11-06-2013

Hello! Welcome to the realm of roleplay! As mentioned, this site, and our wiki, has a ton of resources and people willing to help you build a character and thrive in the game's lore. However! If you want to do a little research on your own, here are some helpful links pulled out of this thread sticked in the welcome desk section that I found particularly helpful when I first joined and built my character for ff14. 

The Beginner's Guide to Roleplay, written by our very own Trizzip.

The Official Lore Forums

Time and Measurments, lengths, such as feet or yards or inches have been re-worded in FF14 as well as time units. There are no hours or years, for instance, but rather bells and summers respectively. 

An Incredibly In-depth History Lesson About the Current Era, written by Merri.

The 12 Deities

And finally Hyur Naming Conventions

Hopefully the links above are helpful to you in your journey deeper into the realm of roleplay. The thread that hosts all the links I just posted also has a lot of good information after the link list complied about how the site functions in terms of linkshells and free companies and such.

Hope to see you in-game sometime!