Hydaelyn Role-Players
Any stage play in the near future? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Any stage play in the near future? (/showthread.php?tid=5406)

Pages: 1 2

Any stage play in the near future? - Clover - 11-08-2013

Please forgive if my English isn't very clear.

Recently, a character told mine that there'd be a play in the Gridanian Amphitheatre. Of course, we could simply imagine that our characters attended it and had fun, but I remember that there was a FC or LS dedicated to bards and artists. I believe I haven't seen any event related to stage plays (and if there was, I fail ._.), so I was wondering if any artistic group would like to prepare any, or if there were plans for it ^^

I'd personally love to see such an event, and so would my character Clover. It'd be a million times more fun than just imagining how it happened.

Thank you for reading! I'm sorry if this kind of post isn't allowed, somehow.

RE: Any stage play in the near future? - Tiergan - 11-08-2013

I'm not part of Unsung Heroes, so I can't be 100% sure, but I believe their guild actually has a theater club/group of some kind.  Maybe you could poke one of their members?  I vaguely remember Claire Fialo talking to me about it.

RE: Any stage play in the near future? - Magellan - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 01:35 PM)Tiergan Wrote: I'm not part of Unsung Heroes, so I can't be 100% sure, but I believe their guild actually has a theater club/group of some kind.  Maybe you could poke one of their members?  I vaguely remember Claire Fialo talking to me about i.

I do actually run a drama/theater club Tier Big Grin
We meet every Sunday 1pm EST at the Gridanian theater for any one interested, and we also have a separate Linkshell. So far we've only doing improv acting skits and games, but would love to expand on this!

A dinner murder mystery has been discussed, as has acting out scenes from other Final Fantasy games. Any interested send tell to Claire Fialo in game, or show up to the event Sunday!

RE: Any stage play in the near future? - Clover - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 01:46 PM)Magellan Wrote:
(11-08-2013, 01:35 PM)Tiergan Wrote: I'm not part of Unsung Heroes, so I can't be 100% sure, but I believe their guild actually has a theater club/group of some kind.  Maybe you could poke one of their members?  I vaguely remember Claire Fialo talking to me about i.

We meet every Sunday 1pm EST at the Gridanian theater for any one interested, and we also have a separate Linkshell. So far we've only doing improv acting skits and games, but would love to expand on this!

A dinner murder mystery has been discussed, as has acting out scenes from other Final Fantasy games. Any interested send tell to Claire Fialo in game, or show up to the event Sunday!
Waaaa, it'd be awesome if your group performed a stage play (*A*) *excited*. I'm glad to know that the artists group is so active!

Also, I might not have understood it well. Is the Sunday event a meeting for artists to practice and improve their skills? Or is it an actual play that outsiders can watch?

Thank you for your replies!

The weekly sunday event is just games for people to participate in Smile We aren't quite big enough to do plays yet, but when we do, I'll be sure to post it on the RPC!

Also, there is/was a LS called Soliquoy run by Xenedra that was all about this. I'm not sure what their activity level is. My little troupe is called the Healing Winds. I hope we can bring some entertainment to Eorzea in the near future!

RE: Any stage play in the near future? - Clover - 11-08-2013

Ah, I see! I also hope you can perform any play in the near future, I'm sure it'll be an awesome experience for everyone ^^
Best of lucks!

RE: Any stage play in the near future? - Rosekitten - 11-08-2013

Actually this is a neat idea now that someone mentioned it ^^ keep us posted if/when your group (or any group) plans to hold these :3

RE: Any stage play in the near future? - LandStander - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 01:46 PM)Magellan Wrote:

Say wha?!? No wonder I never heard of this. I am rarely online that early and I almost never RP in Gridania xD. I'll make an effort to try to catch you all there ^^. I have a character who would love to not only watch, but also participate.

(11-08-2013, 03:16 PM)LandStander Wrote: Say wha?!? No wonder I never heard of this. I am rarely online that early and I almost never RP in Gridania xD. I'll make an effort to try to catch you all there ^^. I have a character who would love to not only watch, but also participate.

Great, hope to see you! The early event time was to try and make it easier for international timezones, who often don't get thought of when events are planned :c

RE: Any stage play in the near future? - Nebbs - 11-08-2013

My Bard would love to join this sort of RP

RE: Any stage play in the near future? - Erik Mynhier - 11-08-2013

Erik is no actor, but he spends time in Gridania and is cultured enough to enjoy a performance. Would your RP have room for audience members, or at least do you have show times (in real world time) so that I may attend?

RE: Any stage play in the near future? - Freemoon - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 04:48 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Would your RP have room for audience members, or at least do you have show times (in real world time) so that I may attend?

I'd like to know this as well.  Part of my character back story includes a love of plays (the kind one might see at a fair or a public outdoor theater) and this sort of thing would seem like something she would be excited to find out about or stumble upon.

RE: Any stage play in the near future? - Caelia - 11-08-2013

I'm so glad someone brought up this topic on the forums because Caelia is an aspiring playwright (I've already started jotting down play ideas and started drawing up a script for a piece) and I would love to get her involved in the theatre community.  I have a lot of plans for her to start writing her plays and where to take inspiration from.

One of my ideas was to have her do interviews (memories, recollections, what have you) with people and write down their stories.  Eventually people's memories/feelings/experiences about a world pre- and post-Calamity world would be developed into a play much like "Fires in the Mirror" by Anna Deavere Smith which is composed of monologues from various view points on both sides of the event (we could even get some Garlean opinions on the Calamity), as well as eyewitness accounts of it happening and the ripple effects it caused in the world/community.  The problem is that I need people to volunteer to meet Caelia and give her their testimony (I hate using that world so much, but that's the best way to describe it).  Another problem is some people might feel like their characters would refuse to open up to someone taking down their story even if it's to help or benefit others (in this case, Caelia would want it any funds from ticket sales to go towards helping orphanages and orphans from the Calamity).

There are some other ideas including some more family friendly plays that I'm coming up with but we'll see.  I don't know if you have room for Caelia in your group, but if you do, consider her signed!

RE: Any stage play in the near future? - Navisse - 11-08-2013

Navisse would love to have a show to attend  ^^

RE: Any stage play in the near future? - Clover - 11-10-2013

I've heard there's a play going on today. Is there? ;_;
My most important hard drive decided to die yesterday, so I haven't been able to play.

In case today's event is an actual play, I hope there'll be more in the future. In case it wasn't... I admit I'll be relieved, haha.

Also, just in case, I think it'd be good to advertise any play as an event in the forum, so that many people can attend it ^^