Hydaelyn Role-Players
Bulletin Board - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Bulletin Board (/showthread.php?tid=5431)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Yangh - 07-14-2014

Yangh rolled her right shoulder with a light hiss. It seemed it was always stiff these days. Her left hand palmed at her ornate Scimitar, Saif-ul raml wahsh. Her fingertips tracing the eight Aetherical gems set into the hilt.

It was a curious thing, her Scimitar. The constant nibbling at her aether, the sweeping Aksharian text engraved onto the flat of the blade that would glow when wielded.

"Taynha aktar ma hea metayna... erhamny ya amena." she said with a deflated huff as she made her way from the Goblet to the Quicksand.

Yangh always did find it ironic, the one place she felt most alone was the place with the most tightly compacted bodies... and yet... she loved it there.

A Hyur knocked into her as he past, as usual she ignored it and moved on. The Hyur however felt a little entitled that the Miqo'te Keeper know her place and apologise.

Yangh kept moving, ignoring the male's jaunts and jeers... until he put a hand to her shoulder. 

It was but a moment, a little voice whispering in the back of her mind. She rounded in a swift motion, drawing her blade and taking the male's hand at the wrist with a quick cut, followed by a flourish and twirl of her Scimitar. A gem sparked to life as Yangh spewed sand from her mouth, blasting the Hyur in the face and blinding him. "Raml Rouh!" she said firmly shortly before the sand assaulted the Hyur's vision.

The Hyur stumbled back into an alley way and Yangh followed him, kicking his severed hand aside as she went. The smell of his blood was intoxicating, she hadn't killed anyone in moon's. Her left hand palmed at his jaw, hushing his cries as she slammed the back of his head against the wall with force, slowly pressing a thumb into his eye socket and point of her blade into his gut.

"Kepahk, Alakharun Jahiliyyah... soyk sukna, s’ab kha-if tuh anti ghabiya... Samekh s’ab..." she breathed with a lust soaked tongue, watching the life drain from his face as his complexion grew pale from blood loss.

The Hyur crumpled to the ground, close to death. Yangh left him there to his fate... both loving and cursing her action as she prayed for forgiveness from Menphina.

"Mah esmai Menphina nerukh sekah, hashk et soyk, et-tu tahe kinae, Menphina jezhul. Menphina-uma Thabetna, Takabal Menphina salatakom." she uttered to herself as she entered the quicksand and approached the bar.

"Salam Mohmohdee... Uhl'daahn spiced wine... Lakshaa." she said with a smile.

Just one of those days, she thought.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Zhavi - 07-14-2014

Zhi never had a problem sleeping. She fell asleep easily, and she woke up (normally) with even the slightest disturbance. Dreams did not typically trouble her, nightmares even less so.

The night after she'd met that troublesome oaf -- what had he called himself? Something ridiculous, she couldn't quite focus on the name -- was different. The box came to mind, the one that she'd shaken, the one that had spoken to her. . .

She sat upright in the mess of blankets she'd slept in, skin clammy, heart racing. Her stomach growled, and the sound startled her; she jumped. She also got up, lit the lantern. She was shaking. Godspit, she was scared. Zhavi Streetrunner did not scare from dreams. She was tough. Practical. Unwavering. She did what she had to do and she didn't linger on it.

So why had she dreamt of strange, eldritch things? Why couldn't she stop shaking? Why couldn't she throw it off?

Sleep had become precious to her. When she was able to grab some, she took it without a second thought. She had the space to go back to sleep, but staring down at the blankets -- she couldn't. She couldn't even move. She huddled in the corner, lamp in hand, staring into the corners left dark by the flickering flame. Night was her time. She should not feel fear.

She didn't move.

She stayed there until dawn.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Roen - 07-14-2014

“His actions have gone too far, Miss Rae.”

“I had not expected the absolute complete success that he achieved. Or such ambition from one such as he.”

“You expected him to fail. He has not. He has targeted every water supply within the Jewel.”

“Indeed, Mister Taeros. I have vastly overestimated the defender’s capacity to stop him in time.”

“The poison still takes hours? A day?”

“The initial version took minutes. I convinced them to lengthen it, but it is only up to a day. But now there is a new element. Aether toxicity. Any attempt to cure it with aetheric energies will result in immediate death of one poisoned.”

“Clever. And what of the Morbolvine Clan? Have they discovered the link?”

“Of that, I am unaware. Miss Jakkya has been compromised.”

“But if there is another within the Clan that--”

“There are none other there that I trust.”

“... Very well. And what of the antidote?”

“The old one is defunct. You have the new one, as do I.”

“Will more be forthcoming?”

“Perhaps.”

“...”

“Do what you will with it, Mister Taeros. Do not think I know not where your true loyalties lie.”

“As you would, Miss Rae. As you would.”

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Whittledown - 07-15-2014

Hornet looked around her room at the Hourglass. It was homey. Lived in. Her effects were scattered everywhere. All little markers of her and who she is. She sat down on the bed and sighed. This was it, the end of her time here. She looked at the bed and memories flooded her. The nights spent quietly reading. The exhausted collapses. The love she'd made. She shook her head. She couldn't let herself drift into nostalgia.

She had her trunk, and another she'd borrowed from Anais to assist in the move. She'd acquired more stuff than she'd realized. She began to pack and thought of her future.

Sindl had been kind and understanding. She thought that perhaps she and him had more in common than either may realize. She wanted to find out if that was true. Remi was a different matter. Hornet had done her a wrong without even realizing who she was. She was genuinely sorry for that, but it was in the past now. She couldn't dwell on pleasing one person. Too much was at stake.

Mireille. Hornet paused her packing as she thought of her. From the moment she stumbled into Hornet's arms, Hornet had been entranced. The beautiful and elegant Elezen woman whose gentlness concealed a core of pure iron.

Eleanor. Brusque at first, almost dangerous. Hornet was wary of her. But then she started to see more. The fierce exterior hiding such a caring heart and, if Hornet wasn't mistaken, some very deep scars.

These two women, opposites nearly, but so perfect together. Hornet had found herself thinking of them often. Spending time with them was like standing in pure sunlight. She felt energized. Focused.

She shook her head. Now wasn't the time to lose herself to fancies. She had packing to do and a room in the Goblet to set to right.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - MrPoopyButtHole - 07-15-2014

Kiht is in trouble. The words kept playing over in his mind. Pyralis sat in the Quicksand looking at his ale. Kiht is in trouble. He took a very long drink from his ale till he was practically slurping on droplets. Why should he care? She called him a Hyur and basically threaten him when her damn -new- mate attacked him. Why should he care about anything really? Since when did the spoony bard care for anyone but himself. Kiht is in trouble. The voice kept saying over and over again in his mind, that fuckin' voice.

He had to go back to Limsa and finish that forsaken job of infiltration. He had to worry about assassins placing a well aimed dagger in his back. He had too many Gods damn things to worry about. Why bother adding a cat who doesn't give two shits about him? Kiht is in trouble. Pyralis sighed heavily and before he knew it, he was drinking his fourth ale. The voice was gone and he was happy, so happy he wouldn't start a brawl today...maybe.

He got up and staggered out of the Quicksand whistling a tune. No one could bring him down today, his troubles were set free by alcohol once again. No Keepers in his mind today. Just ale.

Kiht is in trouble. Pyralis sighed, Yeah...I know.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Kage - 07-15-2014

Kage glanced at the letter he received. He knew who it was from. How could he not forget having been hit in the head and finding himself outside of the city?

He sighed, Erik was a good man. But Kage was now in a sphere away from Erik. He could not keep the same eye on him as he would have when they were Oath brothers. He could not... not anymore. All Kage could do was work with him in the times of crisis..

... such as now.

Kage went to the fireplace, throwing the parchment into it and watched as it slowly turned to just ash.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Coatleque - 07-15-2014

Coatleque sat in the Quicksand after her latest return from La Noscea. Her latest 'master' knew of her return and would be contacting her soon, or so she expected. She had a short moment of reprieve to catch her breath at least. She had hopes of seeing at least one or two friends. Even if she couldn't speak to them, hearing that they were well would be of some comfort. Having not spoken for days now, her voice was beginning to crack when she did.

Aya was sitting behind her now, off duty, speaking with friends. The Knight sat half-listening at this point, simply staring at a pressed flower she held in her hands. She turned it over many times to simply feel its petals. It was a Nymeia Lily she received in a letter.

The conversation behind her had turned to the question of who protects patrons in the bar. Coatleque's heart sank as Aya revealed there was no one recently stationed; That she did not feel safe in her own place of employ. The Knight withdrew a small notepad and thin charcoal writing instrument. She hastily wrote a note, then rose to leave. On passing by, she stopped and handed the note out to the barmaid.

"Miss Aya. I pray your fortunes will change for the better soon."

"I-I'm sorry. Do I know you?"

"Unfortunately, yes." She leaned forward and pulled back the edge of her cowel to reveal the collar breifly. Holding the note out again she urged her to take it. "Please?"

As Aya took the note, the Knight turned to leave. "Oh, if you see Ser Castille, please tell him... I'm sorry for doubting." With that she left the bar and city both, returning to her camp at the outskirts.

Aya would later look down at the note to see Coatleque's flowing script:

Miss Aya,
I apologize for my absence recently. You needed to see with your own eyes why I have not been present. I did not go willingly, in fact I fought it to the bitter end. Do not fear, for I shall not submit to them. I pray when next we meet it shall be under more favorable circumstances.
Ser Crofte

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Michikyou - 07-16-2014

'A cure.. I need to finish it' The words echoed terribly as the sleep deprived male tossed in his bed. How long had it been now since the matriarch left? since his best friend had left due to the unfortunate instance of collar placement? too long. 'Get yourself together, Naih'ir he gripped at his sheets before sitting up - the stone walls beside him providing no comfort; nor did the blue haired girl or cub to his side. Was he losing it? was this what it was like before he had these memories restored?

The moon was still high in the sky, but beginning work was all that lingered on the males mind. 'Aetheryte dust.. i'll cross reference other materials with my sample now, as the children and Xao sleep..'

His work would require a lot of his attention - and each day his simple life waned towards the chaotic. [/i]

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Warren Castille - 07-16-2014

The first thing Warren noticed when he came to was the searing pain in his left shoulder. He wasn't sure where he was at first and he experienced a moment of confusion before the train car of memories crashed into him. He remembered the assault outside of Wineport. Jubilation at recovering the key. Accomplishment of everyone escaping. He recognized most of the names and faces, especially as of late, but that was the first he had fought and bled with them. A major crisis had a way of bringing folks together.

They regrouped at Drybone to test the key. Warren had explicit need to know the workings of the device and he was sure that was clear to at least two of the men he'd fought alongside. Before they could begin in earnest, however, he arrived.

Warren remembered everything happening quickly. The call to attack. One steps, two steps. A searing bolt through his shoulder. Warren remembered seeing an angel before dying.

He groaned, climbing out of the bed he was laid up in. The muscles in his shoulder seized, angrily protesting as he tried to rotate the limb. There was a small divot in the skin and he surmised someone had attempted to heal him, though it was evident they had stopped once it looked well enough. That didn't matter.

There was someone waiting for him in Coerthas. There wasn't any time to lose focus.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Kage - 07-17-2014

Kage rubbed at his face, weary and despondent. His eyes were low and his ears drooped. He closed his eyes, remember the conversations he's had.

By the Twelve he was just -tired-. He was lost... and perhaps without a purpose now. No matter how hard he'd tried, the Brass Blades were just not what he was meant for. He couldn't live like this.

"Captain Anduron is the one keeping you from facing execution charges."

He was 'Sworn no longer, even he could see that it would never come back to be. With the relations with the Flames as they were he didn't think he'd ever join them. What was left but being an adventurer or mercenary? He was in a tunnel with no light at the end but perhaps death. No aims. No goals. Not anymore. Everything was true. But the fact was... with Natalie leaving and Roen having already gone, there was nothing to keep Kage in this life. Not even death.

Kage had done what he could to help with the effort but he'd already seen it in the others' actions. No one trusted him. The lack of shared information on how to deal with the voidsent threat that both he and Erik were informed of. They'd all gone to other Blades. Not him, it was the life he was being dealt with and it was starting to become one that was unbearable.

As he'd thought to do, once the Captain was found again and whatever happened to the city, Kage would continue to pursue giving him his resignation, even if it was to lead to his death.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-17-2014

Cleaning himself off from the "fight" last night, he exited the quiet house and entered the town. 

Using a certain linkpearl he'd been given recently. "Kage, where are you? We need to talk. Now if possible. I'll be near the small cafe by the airship docks. Meet me there when you can."

He'd wait there until Kage showed up. It would also provide an excellent opportunity to read up on arcane magic controls.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Kage - 07-17-2014

Kage sighed, rolling his neck as he tried to figure out what he was going to do. He answered the call, "If ye needed to talk to me you could have done that when we said we needed to talk. Ye preferred having a good ol' bar fight over what I had to say Garlean. Leave me be. I'm not one of yours to be at yer beck and call. Whatever mess you got yourself into..."

"Get yourself out of it."

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-17-2014

"This is heavier than I remember" Natalie muses as she walks through the city. "Noisier too."

She sighs, "It doesn't breathe very well either, and the beret doesn't give any shade from the sun."

Stretching her arms, "Range of motion isn't as good either."

Finally she laughs, "But I guess it will do." Looking up at the spires of Ul'dah, "Time to climb some stairs."

[Image: 6UA9Eh0.jpg]

Jenlyns had been expecting her, and he took the vial she offered with trembling hands. "This is it? The antidote?" She nods and he sighs with relief, "If only it had come sooner, but some can still be saved. Still," he chuckles, "I can't believe Jameson actually vouched for you. You two didn't seem like you'd get along."

She smiles softly, "We worked out some differences, but I think we see eye to eye now."

He nods, "About your position... You know about Sergeant Crofte?"

Natalie holds up a hand, "Ser we're in a crisis, I'll worry about that afterwards, until then I'll happily accept her commands."

He nods, "Good, and about Roen... she's heading up the investigation there as well."

She sighs, "Aye sir I've heard, I'll speak to her about it."

"Ah... what of Ser Kiryuu?" He asks curiously, "I assumed he would return with you."

She shakes her head, "He still has unfinished business with the Blades, but hopefully he'll be back in blue before long as well."

"Good, I look forward to it," He rises from his desk and gives a salute, "Natalie, welcome back."

Natalie smiles and returns it, "Thank you sir."

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Berrod Armstrong - 07-18-2014

Her fingers brushed along his jaw. They were soft, and undeserving of the rough, ruddy scruff that they had to traverse along the clearly defined line. She kept her nails cut low, but still painted them in a mild peach that he had come to like. Gods, her touch was like silk. Slowly the dainty digits ran along the side of his granite-textured face, exploring, stroking and teasing...

...before clutching his ear in a vice grip to give it a good hard yank.

Berrod yelped and immediately clapped a big hand over hers, desperately seeking to free his smarting ear from her torment. "Ow! 'Ey, 'ey! What's that for?!"

The Midlander woman did not relinquish it, standing two full fulms less than him with hair of darkest night and eyes of blue fire. Her features were soft, but the expression upon them was fearsome to behold. "Four moons! Four moons, Berrod Armstrong! Not a word about where you'd been and now you call me from across the street asking for 'a lil sugar'?!"

"Ginny -- I -- ow! Bugger, let go! I can explain --"

"No!" Ginny refused shrilly. The normal, silky melody that was her voice had been replaced with an ear splitting shriek of indignation. "First I hear you've gone north, then rumors that you weren't coming back -- -then- I hear you're running a business! You cad! You absolute cad! How could -- my eyes are up here, Berrod!"

Having sought comfort from the assault in the alluring rise of her bosom, Berrod found his foot accosted by a sharp stomp from her heel. The Highlander yowled and sharply pulled the limb away. "M'sorry! Thal's hairy balls, leggo!"

"As if sorry could cut it! I'd give you a good thrashing if you weren't made of bloody stone. The next time you decide to run off and dissappear for moons at a time, you tell me, you hear?"

Refusal was not an option, his ear was a precious hostage. "Awright, awright, you got it!" 

It was sweet relief when she let go and allowed him to cup his hand over the poor, beet-red ear. He was sure that it had been tweaked permanently out of place from the wringing. A hasty peek into a mirror might confirm later. "S'good ta see ya again at any road," He managed weakly.

Ginny's snort was far from lady-like, "You wouldn't have seen me at all if my skirt was below my knees. I have some business to attend, but I will find you here afterward and we'll have some tea to catch up, yes?"

Tea. Berrod's nose wrinkled, and his reflexes saved him from another snatch at his ear by means of a frantic leap backward. "'Ey, 'ey! Fine! Tea it is. I'll be right here."

Ginny narrowed her eyes at him in a threatening fashion before she turned on her heels to stamp down the street toward whatever business she had to do. It mattered not to Berrod; his main concern was nursing his throbbing ear, and remembering to stay put until she got back. For all his training, there was seldom anything he could do to combat the fury of a woman scorned. As he watched her walk, he realized that it was indeed her skirt that had drawn his attention. 

Damn, she had a nice arse.

RE: Balmung Bulletin Board - Lady Rivienne - 07-18-2014

The cold had been far more welcoming than the bitterness woven into his words. What started as mild curiosity, bloomed into both of them setting up their defensive barriers. Vexing words struck like daggers into her heart, and as much as her visage did little to betray her, it pained her nonetheless from within. In the end, she stood a fool before him; in his eyes, that is what he viewed her as, a woman consumed with chasing ghosts and a past left best if not pursued. But would he fault her for wanting to know about such a shrouded past? The truth came from his rancorous state and forged its way into her mind, consuming her thoughts entirely.

Her name, falling from his lips, was torment when their bickering came to an end. His kiss burned on her lips and she wished to smother the lingering flame he left.

She left Thaarus to seek solace away from his eyes and to finally let down the shields that she hastily placed around her heart. The chill in the air greeted her, the frost nipped at her cheeks and neck. She felt the frigid touch run down her spine, but none of these elements could numb her like he had.

When she finally arrived to her temporary establishment, no one was present to greet her, except a flickering glow. A dying light, of a candle at the entrance, wanes and caresses her features, offering a comfort that she had not found this day. Her back pressed to the door and Rivienne felt the weight of her burdens suddenly grow heavy upon her shoulders. The tears she held back, in his presence, fell without restraints, causing rivulets to run down flushed cheeks. She tilts her head back, against the grain of wood behind her, and seeks the rafters above. Her body slowly gave way, causing metal to resonate throughout the empty chambers, announcing her descend. Tiredly, she reached within her chest-piece, seeking the folded paper that he threw at her, but dared not to open it and read. She could not muster the energy, not now, not yet.

Her weeping was soundless, the injury caused was blind to the eye, but she felt it in the pit of her core..

.. and it left her paralyzed on the floor.