Hydaelyn Role-Players
Event - Interest Check - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Event - Interest Check (/showthread.php?tid=5439)

Event - Interest Check - E'irawen - 11-10-2013

I know it's actually very, very last minute to bring up, but I didn't see anyone else bringing it up?

With the anniversary of Dalamud falling being tomorrow (OOCly at least), do you guys think any kind of event/gathering might be fun? A memorial service? Something of that nature.

I've been hearing/seeing complaints of the lack of togetherness in general lately and, though I have an event or two I will be setting up in the future, I thought maybe this would be a good excuse for it.

So I wanted to post this interest check about it. Again, I apologize for the last minute nature of the idea, but I guess it didn't really dawn on me until just now.

For those who are interested and can make it and such, what would be good times? (Please list your timezone too)

RE: Event - Interest Check - Michikyou - 11-10-2013

I would be interested to attend. We could hold it at the sanctum of the 12.

RE: Event - Interest Check - Zope - 11-10-2013

I'd also show up to an event like this. My time is pretty free but the most open time (in my experience RPing) seems to generally be in evenings, though I'm not sure with the EU RPers, as this is my first server not being full NA. 

I also agree with it being at the temple of the 12. (Or whatever it's called, never been there, but it sounds like a place people would host an event like this.)

RE: Event - Interest Check - E'irawen - 11-10-2013

It could likely still be in the evening just fine, but not too late? Only because maintenance is apparently scheduled from 8pm to 2am Pacific time.

That in mind, what do you think would be a good time for something like this?

RE: Event - Interest Check - Zope - 11-10-2013

Well, 8PM PST (The time squee uses) is 10PM my time. (I'm central US, Texas.) However that is a good point, since most people won't want to feel rushed in fear of being cut off.

Perhaps if we (and pardon using my timezone for this, bad a math), start it at say...6-ish, that will give it a good 3-4 hours to run/people mingle/ect. 

Essentially- I wouldn't start it less than 4 hours before the  maintenance time. So if that hits at 9 server time, the event should start at at least 5.

Another idea, though less standard- Since it's a large event, we could just have it be ic knowledge to hub around that area. People can come and go, mourn and honor people throughout the entire day to avoid the time issue.

RE: Event - Interest Check - Clover - 11-11-2013

These things have to happen when my computer is half broken. orz

If there's such an event (and if I still have my comp at home at the end of the day), I'll try to install FFXIV again just for this. Unless it happens at a very late hour for me.

In any case, it's a very awesome idea, for such an event concerns every character.

RE: Event - Interest Check - Navisse - 11-11-2013

I'd love to attend something like this.

RE: Event - Interest Check - ArmachiA - 11-11-2013

Oh, Armi would be all over this.

I'll probably go, just let me know when (My schedule is open). I would recommend doing it in the late afternoon though, to give people time to roleplay.

RE: Event - Interest Check - Oroban - 11-11-2013

Khyros would definitely attend something like this. Losing family at Carteneau and being a devoutly religious man means it'd be something he would flock to, truth be told.

RE: Event - Interest Check - LandStander - 11-11-2013

I would be interested in showing up if you decide on a time ^^

RE: Event - Interest Check - Raeras - 11-11-2013

I have to go out today, but I will certainly be up for attending if I'm around!

RE: Event - Interest Check - K'nahli - 11-11-2013

I'd like to attend this but the time that has been recommended leaves its very late for Europeans so unless that is solid then I think I'll have to pass.

RE: Event - Interest Check - Clover - 11-11-2013

Has a time been finally decided? ^^
Just in case, I'll log in shortly to check and do some RP in the temple.

RE: Event - Interest Check - ArmachiA - 11-11-2013

Just waiting on a time Angel

RE: Event - Interest Check - E'irawen - 11-12-2013

Hey guys, I'm sorry I couldn't get back in time. Some things came up IRL, so I suppose that's karma for not being better prepared in advance... I'm really sorry.